[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

seat_tasks.cfg is relevant only if you have KerbalStats installed, EL doesn't use it directly.

11 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I am not able to use EPL to construct things, but it would appear that anything and everything comes through "empty".

Are you able to build, or not able to build? Sorry, that is a bit confusing.

Anyway, assuming you can build, but are getting empty vessels: as stated in the USI thread (but repeated here so more can see it), that is by design as the idea is there are no facilities to transfer the resources. That is where KIS (or KAS when I designed survey builds: back in 0.25 iirc) comes in a second time (first time for stake placement).

While confusing, the sliders in the build menu before you start building are meant as a preview. Here is the commit message:

Add the optional resources to the planning view.

I found it useful to be able to see what resources (fuel etc.) a vessel
    might before building it.

Yeah, "need" is missing :P

8 hours ago, DreadFlint said:

I'm curious, are there any mods that replace EPL unique parts?  I have it installed, but I'm only seeing the Hexcans in a sandbox game :/

Yes, USI hides most of EL's parts as it has replacements for them. Other than USI, I don't know of any.

On 12/2/2013 at 8:10 PM, NotCoach said:

I'd like to see queued ships. I don't see the point of warehousing gigantic quantities parts for very large ships of when the parts are made on sight. I think a nice feature would be the ability to queue a ship that needs more parts then you have warehoused, and and new parts made are automatically applied to the ship waiting in the queue. Nobody builds very large anything with all the parts on hand first IRL. And with part fabrication on sight the warehouse should never be a limit to ship size.

That's already possible.  It's not so much the warehouse itself that's the limit, it's supplying the warehouse.  (And supplying a small warehouse takes more work - in that it takes more trips to get everything there.)

5 hours ago, taniwha said:

Yes, USI hides most of EL's parts as it has replacements for them. Other than USI, I don't know of any.

Okay, that explains that mystery haha  however, I may be missing something, since the USI launchpad doesn't have an option to show the UI, nor does the Toolbar addon.  Not sure if this is an issue with EPL or the other mods though

EDIT: Just found a thread with the same issue.  Totally forgot I was using the 64-bit workaround which was what was causing the problem for the other user.  Well, damn, guess I can't launch ships from Minmus until 1.1 :(

Edited by DreadFlint

Today I've tried to make use of the recycler module but sadly I can't get it to work :(

Tried to search google and the forum for some information but I couldn't find it. Also looked in the recycler.cs on GitHub but I didn't understand the code because I have no real understanding of that :wink: So I did some trial and error:

To get used to the mechanics I've imported the recyclebin.mu into Blender, saved it and imported the .blend file to unity. Rearranged the hirarchy in unity and exported to .mu again. Reimported that .mu into blender to make sure the hirarchy is the same as in the original part. Copied over the original .cfg file and changed the name but nothing else. Started KSP, built a quick craft to test but the recycling doesn't work for the modified model. I've uploaded some screenshots of the different imports and ingame tests here (original recycler right, modified left).

To me it seems like I'm missing some settings in unity but I don't know what. I'm out of ideas so any information about the recycling module or what I'm doing wrong would be very useful.

14 hours ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

To me it seems like I'm missing some settings in unity but I don't know what. I'm out of ideas so any information about the recycling module or what I'm doing wrong would be very useful.

Did you set the recycle field collider to be a trigger? That is important. Also, does it have a name that you specified in the config file?

3 hours ago, Badsector said:

If you like here is a little gift

I like it, thank you. I'm not sure how I'd use it (maybe a replacement icon for blizzy's toolbar) as icons for KSP's gui work best as white foreground/transparent background.

20 minutes ago, taniwha said:

as icons for KSP's gui work best as white foreground/transparent background.

The first have black background only for show the icon but the second have transparent background, yes it is born for use with blizzy's toolbar

On 27.2.2016 at 10:18 AM, DreadFlint said:

Okay, that explains that mystery haha  however, I may be missing something, since the USI launchpad doesn't have an option to show the UI, nor does the Toolbar addon.  Not sure if this is an issue with EPL or the other mods though

EDIT: Just found a thread with the same issue.  Totally forgot I was using the 64-bit workaround which was what was causing the problem for the other user.  Well, damn, guess I can't launch ships from Minmus until 1.1 :(

Have same problem. OK, USI hides some ELP parts, i use MKS Lite.

Does this "workaround" also include KSP on Linux x64?

45 minutes ago, Jansn67 said:

Have same problem. OK, USI hides some ELP parts, i use MKS Lite.

Does this "workaround" also include KSP on Linux x64?

I think you may be confusing two things.  EPL is coded to not function with KSP 64bit windows version due to the windows 64bit version being unstable.

1 hour ago, Jansn67 said:

So under Linux that error does/should not appear?

What error.  There are two things being talked about.

1. USI mods hiding EPL parts

2. EPL parts not having the option to show the EPL gui.

For the other poster he was not getting the build menus because EPL disables itself on Windows 64bit KSP.

8 hours ago, taniwha said:

Did you set the recycle field collider to be a trigger? That is important. Also, does it have a name that you specified in the config file?

Juppy. That did the trick, thanks a lot!

Just found the recyclebin.blend on GitHub. During the .mu import to blender the RecycleField mesh got renamed to RecyceField_Collider (caused NullReferenceException-spam) but renaming it in unity made it work. Here is an image of my unity-settings if anyone else is interested.

Edit: Couldn't find an example with a custom RecycleField name so here is what worked for me:

MODULE
	{
		name = ExRecycler
		RecycleField_name = NameOfMesh
	}

Edited by Eleusis La Arwall

11 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

What error.  There are two things being talked about.

1. USI mods hiding EPL parts

2. EPL parts not having the option to show the EPL gui.

For the other poster he was not getting the build menus because EPL disables itself on Windows 64bit KSP.

Exactly what was happening, thanks goldenpsp.

Jans, in the end, I installed Ubuntu (Linux) to be able to use the mod.

Hello can someone please help me i'm having problem with epl.

im not a stranger to the mod as i run it before many times,right now i'm running epl with mks,and the gui menu is not showing up,not in mks orbital ship yard and not from epl construction ramp.

i got the latest version of epl,and i updated the module manager also to 2.6.18-the latest version of module manager.

all the parts are showing up,i got no problems what so ever,but no gui menu to build stuff and epl icon is not shown in the blizzy toolbar and so is the menu that should appear in the vab that shows how many rocket parts i need to build stuff.

if its not the module manger than what is the problem?

10 minutes ago, Proteus said:

i got the latest version of epl,and i updated the module manager also to 2.6.18-the latest version of module manager.

Funny, I have 2.6.20, although I doubt that's the problem.

Edited by Brigadier

5 minutes ago, Proteus said:

hmmm in the module manager thread it shows the primary link to download- and its 2.6.18

CKAN shows .20.  Look at the GitHub page.

Edit: The forum topic also lists a .19 in the version history.  Perhaps it's out of date?

Edit 2: Look at this forum post.

Edited by Brigadier

8 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

CKAN shows .20.  Look at the GitHub page.

Edit: The forum topic also lists a .19 in the version history.  Perhaps it's out of date?

is there a chance you could upload the module manager 2.6.20 or send me the file please?i just don't use ckan,and for some reason it wasnt updated in the main thread of module manager :rolleyes:

edit: never mind sorry,i founda working build of 2.6.20

Edited by Proteus