[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

JJE64: um, is it supposed to show? I don't use AVC.

BTW, the hatch and ladder for the workshop are broken too. I have them fixed locally, but I'm working on a few other things for the workshop :)

Oh nice. I thought it was impossible to enter workshop from EVA. Next time I'll ask here if something sounds fishy. Thanks for the support!

Edit: Does scrap metal have any use now? Because my recycling bin is turning my trash crafts directly into metal. I like this, but if it is not intended, here was my report.

Edited by Crabman

@taniwha Yeah, there's a list of mods during loading and AVC calls home for each and checks the local version against what's in your repository to make sure players have the latest version.

I'll take a look at it and see if I can't figure out why it's not showing up.  I know you're a busy man so I don't mind taking a look at it.

@taniwha By chance were your recycler triggers mesh colliders? With KSP 1.1 I noticed that many of my mesh collider triggers would not work. For instance, my kerbals could not enter capsules and were stuck a few centimeters away from the door. When I changed the mesh colliders to box colliders the issue went away. I had to do the same thing on my space docks.

Hope that helps, thanks for such a great mod. :)

Angel-125: Indeed, the recycler and workshop colliders are/were mesh colliders. For the recyclers, EL forces the isTrigger to be true once loaded, and for the workshop, I've changed them to capsule colliders (seem to work better in general anyway). Recycler fix already released, workshop is WIP (doing a few other things to it that I'm sure will make some happy)

So I'm new to EL, but it sounded really cool so trying it out. Slightly run into a bit of confusion/trouble.

I have a small base on minmus in a career mode save that i am attempting to build a craft but its not doing it, and the reason is I think is that my vessel has no productivity despite having a survey module and 2 command pods, all filled with somewhat smart kerbals.

Now when i try a game in sandbox everything works correctly and has productivity. Is there something I have to do in career to get it to work or is something just borked on my career save?

Shadoworgon: career mode is indeed a bit trickier: your construction kerbals (engineers by default) need to have at least one star to work in command pods, the hitchhiker can, or the science lab. If you can get a rocket workbench, or a workshop to the site, things will go much better as even 0-star engineers can work in them.

I have a possibly related issue to the above poster mentioning exceptions.  After upgrading to 1.1.2, the survey station seems to be gone.  I can't find it in VAB, and one of my ships failed to load because it couldn't find the survey station. I didn't add/delete/change anything on KSP between when it worked yesterday and failed today except for the version update.

NVM, the problem is module manager. Apparently it breaks in 1.1.2 (goodness knows how many mods would be affected by that). But an update is available on the MM thread and it solve the survey station problem. Not sure if everything else is ok in 1.1.2, but haven't seen anything else yet.

AccidentalDisassembly: thanks, I'll look into it shortly. I would have earlier, but I was having caching trouble and thus couldn't download 1.1.2 (as a policy, I always build EL releases against the official zip).

AccidentalDisassembly: I just tested, and I was unable to reproduce the NRE. I'll need more details on how you reproduced it.

I have released version 5.3.2 of Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Changes from 5.3.1:

• Recompiled againsted KSP 1.1.2
  • Some very minor tweaks to the workshop model. I'm sure only those with eagle eyes or x-ray vision would notice :wink:
Edited by taniwha

The Stakes actually stick in the ground now.. Awesome!

So I decided to place four stakes (square) close to my survey station and build a sml test probe however the probe completed on top of the #1 stake.

I thought the station averaged out the distances between all four stakes and placed the craft in the centre?

all my station staff are above 3 star so distance isn't an issue and its not a big square anyway.

I don't want to be messing about with xyz. but do I have to? and what does the BOUND/ORIGIN buttons do/mean?

I tried reading your post but being a simpleton as I am my head exploded.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me get my head around this

C04L: If you use just origin stakes, then the root part of the vessel is centered on the average of the stakes. You need to use +/-X and +/-Z bounds stakes to get the vessel's bounds centered on the center of the stakes.

Also, for the survey station to average out the stakes, they must all have the same name. If they were placed by the same kerbal, they should have the same name. Right-clicking on a stake will allow you to change its name.

As for my post, thanks for the feedback. I guess some pictures will be necessary (I'm working on a manual for EL).

@taniwha The metadata for the most recent release of your mod ended up being one of my first contributions to CKAN (not counting my last KSP binge over a year ago).  Hurray.

One minor observation/request as a note: If you happened to use Github releases, it'd be trivial to have CKAN notice new versions of your mod automagically. :wink:

Hey taniwha, I tried out the newest version of this and I have to say I like the changes to the workshop mesh, nice to actually have a visible ladder on it now.

Unfortunately, with the newest version (5.3.2), I can't get the Build Interface to show up at all, if I click on the build interface toolbar button, nothing happens, and right clicking on the Orbital Construction Dock or Survey Station won't even give me the option to open the build interface at all. I checked my modulemanager.configcache to see if anything was messed up (misplaced brackets, stuff being deleted, etc.) and everything looked as it should. I'm running KSP 1.1.2 and if it's any use, I didn't have this problem with 5.3.1. I'd go back to using 5.3.1 but I'd rather not have my game harass me at startup to update the mod.

Let me know if you need me to post any logs or anything, I checked the OP and it didn't mention how to post issues.

Space Cowboy Bob: you don't. The survey station is for landed operations. Instead, the orbital dock is best (any of the pads or the runway will work, but they can be awkward to get into space).

Markelius: Make sure you have either a pad or a survey station. Workshops only harvest kerbal productivity, they don't do the actual building, thus no build menu if you don't have a pad or survey station (and with the survey station, be careful to not get the hitchhiker can by mistake. Sorry, still haven't come up with a good design for a replacement).

Is module manager installed and working (ie, up to date)? Oh, also, KIS is required (though I would have thought you wouldn't be able to load the save). I really don't know what's up because it works fine for me (though on the runway).

I guess logs are needed (KSP.log, please, output_txt.log is unreadable)