[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Resource recipes make such resource required for the build and so become part of the build process (this is how Ablator and SolidFuel are handled), but as others said, it may be better to go with the relevant mod author's intent.

Resources in containers in KIS containers become required resources (though I believe recipes are checked for how to make them if appropriate: I've forgotten and don't feel like looking it up right now).

If I remember correctly, the stake and mallet (and something else?) were the only parts USI/MKS did not hide. However, I believe that recent versions have stopped hiding EL's parts due to the confusion the hiding caused.

which has in turn caused confusion among users who figured that something is wrong with their USI install, on account of being able to see the EL parts.

10 hours ago, lukeduff said:

I get 0% progress when building. It finds the survey stake, and I have all the needed resources. With KAC, it creates a 0s alarm for the creation of the ship that immediately expires. No ship appears though. The build dialog stays at 0% 0s forever. No EL exceptions in the log.

Maybe this?

[LOG 23:49:29.324] [EL Workshop] mk1pod (Part) cap: 1 seats: 0
[WRN 23:49:29.326] [Part]: PartModule TransferDialogSpawner at mk1pod, index 13: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
Looking for TransferDialogSpawner in other indices...
[WRN 23:49:29.327] ...no TransferDialogSpawner module found on part definition. Skipping...

Using Pathfinder, Near Future, USI-LS. Nothing crazy. And everything up-to-date.

Do you have any engineers in the workshop?

When I launched my base, there were two Kerbals in the Launch Pad. They actually put productivity at like -0.25, so I got the 0% forever thing.

Then I put an engineer in the workshop, connected it to the pad and that worked fine.

12 hours ago, MC_Banana said:

Bless your soul! I can internet now.

Now the important part: http://imgur.com/gallery/Gv0vk

:P

...Ok, that's a very broken install.  I'd actually recommend to re-download KSP and start over: I'm not sure you haven't compromised some core game files.

Things to note:

• Mods go in GameData, not GameData/Squad.  Never touch GameData/Squad.  (Basically 'Squad' is the mod that is the core of KSP.)
  • Many mods are shipped in archives that unzip to a top level folder with a few (or a lot) of files, with a GameData folder inside that.  You need to copy the contents of that GameData to your GameData.
  • You're on a Mac.  (Yay!)  Macs don't merge folders by default when unzipping - they rename to be unique.  Make sure you only have one of every folder.

Hopefully that will get you started a bit on getting things installed a bit better.

3 hours ago, paelleon said:

Hello, I have a problems that may be linked to MKS. All of the sudden my survey station cannot see any stakes I planted. Even if I rename them and plant them to a short distance of the station itself.

See images below.

http://imgur.com/H4G4RPK
http://imgur.com/Pt7NizC

Have you tried with a pilot in the survey station?

4 hours ago, DStaal said:

...Ok, that's a very broken install.  I'd actually recommend to re-download KSP and start over: I'm not sure you haven't compromised some core game files.

Things to note:

• Mods go in GameData, not GameData/Squad.  Never touch GameData/Squad.  (Basically 'Squad' is the mod that is the core of KSP.)
  • Many mods are shipped in archives that unzip to a top level folder with a few (or a lot) of files, with a GameData folder inside that.  You need to copy the contents of that GameData to your GameData.
  • You're on a Mac.  (Yay!)  Macs don't merge folders by default when unzipping - they rename to be unique.  Make sure you only have one of every folder.

Hopefully that will get you started a bit on getting things installed a bit better.

That makes... a lot of sense. If thats the reason why every mod I have downloaded only half works, cool; I know how to fix this now. Thank you soooooo much dude!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been trying to set up a rather distributed uks resource operation to support EL, mostly involving skycraning mining landers (about 15 of them) to hotspots all over minmus. Only one problem though, they dont stick to the ground! They go sliding off downhill until they explode.

Has any one built something with stakes and survey station that uses launch clamps on a body other than kerbin? I figure building on site with launch clamps as a foundation would anchor bases quite well and avoid many physics oddities. Im asking in advance of trying because i dont currently have anything manned on minmus yet, and what i do have isnt set up for the long term mobile life support needed for a roaming base factory. I suppose i could just throw some supplies into each rocket part shipment...

8 hours ago, DStaal said:

Um, just to be sure: Have you tried pulling the EL window up so you can see the bottom of it?  Where the release button is is hidden in the pic you show...

Yes I pulled the window up and there was nothing at the bottom. 

I did have some docking ports that couldn't be undocked... I used KML to "fix" them. Its possible the fix process messed up the safe file where the ORW was docked to the produced craft. (If that makes any sense...)

Edited by Teslamax
typo

On 04/08/2016 at 10:03 PM, mazen1982 said:

Can anyone explain to me why this Survey Station is not functioning? Is it because of Bill's Courgage (40%) / Stupidity (80%) ? 

Indeed it's his stats: he has exactly 0 productivity (if you do the math by hand, or -1e-8 due to roundoff errors). Get him another two stars and he'll do just fine (he'll then have 0.5 if I remember correctly).

On 05/08/2016 at 6:32 AM, SinBad said:

Has any one built something with stakes and survey station that uses launch clamps on a body other than kerbin?

I do this all the time. If you search back through the thread, you'll see some images I've posted showing just this (but on Mun).

And yes, launch clamps work wonders for bases. Just be sure to apply stage-lock if it's meant to be permanent.

12 hours ago, Teslamax said:

I did have some docking ports that couldn't be undocked... I used KML to "fix" them. Its possible the fix process messed up the safe file where the ORW was docked to the produced craft. (If that makes any sense...)

This very likely is the cause of the problem: fixing your docking ports may well have messed up the relation between the orbital dock and the built vessel's root. I imagine the best solution is to release before fixing any ports that can't be undocked.

Just now, taniwha said:

This very likely is the cause of the problem: fixing your docking ports may well have messed up the relation between the orbital dock and the built vessel's root. I imagine the best solution is to release before fixing any ports that can't be undocked.

Ok, I know for next time. I suppose fixing this is too complicated to bother with... I'll start over. Thanks @taniwha!

4 minutes ago, Teslamax said:

Ok, I know for next time. I suppose fixing this is too complicated to bother with... I'll start over. Thanks @taniwha!

Another option - since you have some UKS parts in there - is to use the demoblock from that mod.  It would allow you to blow up a specific part, separating your two ships.  Two obvious choices: The EL launchpad itself (which would make the build station non-functional, and likely need to be replaced), or the docking port that it's attached to.  If you do the docking port, you don't lose much from the main ship overall - and you could probably replace it using KIS if you wanted.  (You'd need to have several Kerbals around to carry the mass, but it's doable.)

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

Just be sure to apply stage-lock if it's meant to be permanent

Thanks for the reply, taniwa. Ill redirect my space program in this direction tonight. Also, thanks for mentioning stage lock, 500 hours and i didnt know about it :)

I was reading through another thread on the forum, and they had an interesting idea for a feature that I'd like to run by you, since you have about 80-90% of the code base already for it.  (And because if any other mod were to do it well, they would need to integrate with this mod.)

The basic idea is a 'refit station' - you bring in a ship, and the station can add/remove parts and do some basic updating of the design, without having to launch a new ship.

How I would imagine it would work in context of this mod would be to bring in the ship, 'dock' to what's basically a recycler variant, which then can rebuild the ship with modifications.  (So you de-spawn similar to a recycler, then spawn as normal.)  The simplistic solution would just be to record the cost/mass of the incoming ship, and apply that to reducing the build cost, but a bit better would be to either save the ship for editing in the VAB and only rebuild the same ship file, or to key off the name and require the rebuilt ship to have the same name.  (Which would typically mean they used the same design to start from.)

Again, this is basically a feature request put here because I see it as something similar to what this mod is already doing, and because the I believe most of the code could be re-used.  (Where a new mod for the idea would either have to fork this mod or start from scratch.)

Firstly -
Thank you for this mod.  I have been using it during my KSP career [which runs along side a historical career as well] and being able to guild and use 'stuff' remotely vs having to launch a rocket to get to where I am is really really fun.

My question is that I have been using the mod with MKS and I am curious if perhaps there is a file that I am missing , as the SHOW UI interface doesn't seem to be able to correctly display the numbers.  Is there something that I can do or is this a known issue?

10 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

SHOW UI interface doesn't seem to be able to correctly display the numbers.

First thing you can do is better describe how it is not correctly displaying the numbers. If you get the build window, things should be working correctly, so what numbers you expect and the numbers you get would help quite a bit.

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

First thing you can do is better describe how it is not correctly displaying the numbers. If you get the build window, things should be working correctly, so what numbers you expect and the numbers you get would help quite a bit.

Yep, after I read what I wrote, I can see that there wasn't much to go on.  The "numbers" as in how much of which resource you have and how must you need do not fit correctly into the supplied dialog boxes.  It would seem that they are static and if the number is too box, it will wrap and that makes it hard to see.

http://imgur.com/8ebbZMf