[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

22 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

@LastStarDust i get the point and thats why i dont use certain mods whose devolopers do that. but my solution is to duplicate your ksp install, and then update your 'testing' copy with the new mods, load up your save and you will see what ships have parts that need changing (and exactly what parts it is) then either land those ships, or use KAS to extract the parts from the flown ships. and then adjust your saved ships accordingly.

to see the part removial, jump to 4.30 in the video

@Space Kadet Thank you for your advice. I really enjoyed your video. I know how to do "station surgery" and I do it quite often. Anyway my problem is a bit different. My ships with locked parts load and fly flawlessly. The problem arises only when I try to build them with EPL. I get what you mean. If there is a part that is not recognized by the game the ship won't load and will appear a message listing the invalid part. Anyway this in not the case. If you know a way to get a list of locked parts on a ship from inside the VAB please tell me. I have already tried the Alt+F2 keybinding (it doesn't work) and the KSPModAdmin applet (it doesn't find/list my ships).

PS btw what are your machine specs?! I really would like to play ships with so many parts. But going to more than 200 parts makes my game super laggish.

Edited by LastStarDust

try creating a separate sandbox then in windows explorer copying all your ships in and see if they work in that play. sometimes when mods change you need to re unlock the technology in the science nodes, so that could be the answer if they work in the same game in sandbox. if not you got me stumped....

as for my specs im running on an acer predator gaming laptop.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Predator-17-i7-6700HQ-GTX-980M-Notebook-Review.165572.0.html

1 hour ago, LastStarDust said:

I have all the needed tech nodes unlocked. I disabled the part purchase thing so that is not an issue.

Hmm, try loading the craft in the VAB/SPH and saving it again. It might be the flag is incorrect (KSP's craft loader thinks the parts are locked).

16 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Hmm, try loading the craft in the VAB/SPH and saving it again. It might be the flag is incorrect (KSP's craft loader thinks the parts are locked).

@taniwha Tried with no luck. The culprit are some parts from the KSPI-E mod. If I remove the part of the ship with them, the problem solves. I should remove those parts one by one and save and load every time. On a 200 parts ship, this is an amount of time I am not willing to sacrifice. Is there a way to circumvent the "blue print check" in EPL?

18 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

try creating a separate sandbox then in windows explorer copying all your ships in and see if they work in that play. sometimes when mods change you need to re unlock the technology in the science nodes, so that could be the answer if they work in the same game in sandbox. if not you got me stumped....

as for my specs im running on an acer predator gaming laptop.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Predator-17-i7-6700HQ-GTX-980M-Notebook-Review.165572.0.html

@Space Kadet Good advice. I'll try.

PS now I get why you can play those ships but I cannot.

Edited by LastStarDust

12 minutes ago, taniwha said:

@LastStarDust: Hmm, were the parts deprecated? They might be unresearchable (though EL just goes with whatever KSP tells it). I guess I will need to take a look into the logic (and make it report the problem parts).

@taniwha  Yes, probably the parts are only deprecated (so loadable, playable but not researchable).

@Space Kadet I tried to load the craft in the VAB of a sandbox game. The message about locked or invalid parts is NOT present.

Edited by LastStarDust

2 minutes ago, LastStarDust said:

@taniwha  Yes, probably the parts are only deprecated (so loadable, playable but not researchable).

@Space Kadet I tried to load the craft in the VAB of a sandbox game. The message about locked or invalid parts is NOT present.

did you load and launch them, sometime the reasearch thing only kicks in when you physically launch the craft, you can still load them into the sph\vab

2 minutes ago, Space Kadet said:

did you load and launch them, sometime the reasearch thing only kicks in when you physically launch the craft, you can still load them into the sph\vab

My problem is not launching or flying them. My problem is building the using EPL.

1 hour ago, LastStarDust said:

My problem is not launching or flying them. My problem is building the using EPL.

Yeah but loading them in vab dosent tell you if they will fly, sometimes there parts in game that arent unlocked or puschaced in the r&d building that will only show themselves when you launch them, if you dont have revert enabled then just slap on some clamps and launch then recover. But if it refuses to launch you will get a popup telling what part is janky

I been using EPL for a long time but recently decided to get into surface base construction using the survey stakes. I have a base that has been built and in service for awhile that I would like to modify. When I did the initial design I left exposed docking ports for adding modules later. Currently I build new modules close to the base and drive them over to the exact spot. What I would like to do is have them spawn in the correct location once construction is complete. Is it possible to use the initial survey steaks to add expansion modules? I don't think they will insta-dock, but can I get them to at least spawn aligned and oriented correctly? I've tried placing new steaks at the edge of the existing base, but I've had trouble getting them aligned enough for the docking port to connect.

@Krez: It is possible, but it can be rather difficult. Because my base was built on the side of a steep hill (using launch clamps), I was able to build a crane module directly above the docking port to which I wanted it attached and have it fall into place (careful use of the -Y bounds stake up the hill in conjunction with an origin stake directly under the docking port).

Using X and/or Z direction stakes should help. Something to keep in mind is origin stakes work with the built vessel's root part, while bounds stakes work with its bounding box. ie, for origin stakes, the vessel's root part will be centered over the average position of those stakes, but for bounds stakes, the vessel's box will either be against the stake on that axis (eg, -X face on the average position of -X bounds stakes) or centered on the midpoint between the the stakes that form an axis pair (eg, the midpoint between +Z and -Z). Note also that the use of direction stakes greatly influences how the vessel's bounding box "slides around" on the bounds stakes.

I apologize if that is confusing, but for such a simple system, it can produce very complex results. Also, I highly recommend using Kerbal Attachment System (for the winches), possibly along with Infernal Robotics (to make cranes). If you do use KAS or IR, slow them down! The default speeds are way too fast, they will fling stuff around quite dangerously.

I have released version 5.9.0 of Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Changes from 5.8.2:

• Update for KSP 1.3.1.
  • 3.75m parts for RocketParts, Metal and MetalOre (Carl Davidson)
  • Fix a survey site NRE on scene change.

I've done some survey build testing and things seem to be working well.

On 10/15/2017 at 11:22 AM, taniwha said:

I have released version 5.9.0 of Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Changes from 5.8.2:

• Update for KSP 1.3.1.
  • 3.75m parts for RocketParts, Metal and MetalOre (Carl Davidson)
  • Fix a survey site NRE on scene change.

I've done some survey build testing and things seem to be working well.

Released this where??? Got a link?

6 hours ago, taniwha said:

His first post on the forums, so obviously not used to mod release threads yet.

@Daisaku: general rule of thumb for mod releases: the download link for the current release will almost always be somewhere in the first post.

10 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Hmm,  um, you could check the OP of the thread.  Right about where it says something like "download here".

Wow, I swear I've been checking the first post and did not see the 5.9.0 release. Been checking everyday just about, lol. My apologies, I must have overlooked it. 

@taniwha Love your work btw. :D 

Edited by Daisaku

hey, i'm wondering if there is a backport of the latest version for 1.2.2, as i am using RO which always takes forever to update. i was also wondering what are all the ISRU mods that this is compatible with?