[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

2 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

And mine was rude?  You asked.  In 4 hours nobody had replied.  It's not hard to drop a KSP mod in and test it out.  In doing so you could be one of those forum posters who says "Hey I tried this mod and it seems to work" instead of one of the 'does this work?"

I am not one to engage in virtual wars with random people. But in the best interest to defend diversity I will give one last try.

Yes you were rude according to my understanding. I don't own the truth, but I can assure you a lot of people would agree with me. Your answer seems biased on the opinion the ones that ask"does this work" are wrong. Can you tell me why it is wrong? Imagine how many people get into mods pages looking for this same answer? I know a few, so again, it is a valid question. It's not a lazy question, not a pressure question, not a bad question at all.

There are a number of reasons why I, or anyone would rather not test something without ask first. Are they all wrong? All I ask as that you respect people.People have a choice to try it or not. None are wrong. Both could have any number of reasons to do so. I could wait a whole week waiting for the answer and that wouldn't change my mind. to put in a simple way, we don't think alike. Only difference is that if I can't help someone I choose to be silent instead of answer something that was not asked.

You say it's not hard to test it. Anyone said anything about difficulty? Maybe it's not hard for you? Maybe The reasons why someone wouldn't try it before ask has nothing to do with the level of difficulty?

All I ask is for you to rethink. Not everyone who asks a polite question, no matter how dumb the question seems to you, are really dumb or lazy, maybe they  are just nice people that think different from you.

So please look in the mirror and ask yourself alone if your actions are the best ones you could deliver. If you answer yes, than consider that you shouldn't feel the need to educate anyone since neither you nor I owns the truth.

Edit: Thank you very much Spike. As you can see, I don't even know how to proper quote someone. Still learning a few things.

Edited by Aspira

Hey, i ran into some problems when i was starting up my game after downloading.

so idk if its because im running ksp 1.8.1 and the mod is 1.7.3 (which it 99% probably is)

but its saying the lauchpad.dll is not compatable, and only that. im no good with codes and im fairly new to modded ksp, any fix or is the only solution a whole update to 1.8.1?

5 minutes ago, Skaramuza said:

dll things, needs recompile across big updates (like 1.8). Others, maybe not... maybe...

thanks for the quick reply, and ill keep that in mind.

currently in the procces of re-downloading all mods back to 1.7.3 . . . not how i imagined most of my free time going XD

have a nice day Skaramuza ;)

20 minutes ago, Pleb said:

Although I get a warning when I boot up into KSP 1.8.1 that this mod isn't compatible with 1.8.1, it does seem to be working fine as I have been using it regularly.

oh? nice. though i am not going through with re-doing everything again, ill do it some other time XD.

thank you for telling me, and have a good day Pleb ;)

57 minutes ago, a_neat_slav said:

hi, when do you think the 1.8 version will be coming out? thanks.

Modders work in their spare time, and get to it when they can.  It seems from reading in the thread that while it will throw some warnings, the mod does seem to work with 1.8.x.   Best answer is to try it and find out if it works with your mod set. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 12:14 PM, Gargamel said:

Modders work in their spare time, and get to it when they can.  It seems from reading in the thread that while it will throw some warnings, the mod does seem to work with 1.8.x.   Best answer is to try it and find out if it works with your mod set. 

thanks for the quick reply, I guess I didn't read the post thoroughly enough, thank you

On 11/28/2019 at 8:51 PM, pp3d said:

apologies if this is addressed already somewhere here --- my question is this:

will smelting run if i don't have CO2/CO//water tanks? 

Yes, the resources are just lost

Running 1.8.1.  Has anyone else had an issue with the stakes not being recognized as a spawn point? 

Hi anyone know of a way to make a config or patch or maybe if there is a mod available that adds the metal ore resource to asteroids? I found something a while back that changes the EL parts to use ore instead of metal ore but I would rather keep the metal ore and somehow mine that from asteroids (if at all possible). Thanks in advance!

Oh, also running 1.8.1 and everything seems to work so far. Haven't tried out stakes yet, that is next on my list.

Stakes work well in 1.8.1 if you don't leave the scene and don't move "survey station" too far from them. I've just just built a large base at a survey stake after a dozen of failed attempts. If you leave the scene or move the station before time-warping they're lost and gui notice that loss...

On 9/7/2018 at 1:53 AM, taniwha said:

Sadly, no. This time it was a typhoon (#21) knocking out the power for 3 days. I haven't fixed the domain yet (just getting back online), but I will shortly. Posting first just to let people know what's up.

I think your server got typhoon'd again. Unable to connect to taniwha.org since December 14.

Edited by HebaruSan

On 12/17/2019 at 5:37 AM, HebaruSan said:

I think your server got typhoon'd again. Unable to connect to taniwha.org since December 14.

No, just dynamic IPed, both external and internal (my last attempt to make the internal IP static failed miserably, darn Japanese modems). The external IP issue was sorted on the 14th, and the internal one partially, but I had forgotten that http was separated from everything else and I needed to update that address too.

I'm in western Japan and this year's big typhoon hit eastern Japan pretty hard, so I and mine got off lightly (feel for those in the east, though).

Hi! I usually do tutorials on KSP Interstellar Extended but I use EPL a ton (because it fits so well with KSPIE and KSP in general) and leaned on it pretty heavy in this video. Sorry it's so lengthy but it really shows off the robustness of EPL (made with version 6.6.2, updating to latest right now!). 

• 3 weeks later...

Right clicking on the Smelter, I don't seem to have any way to start smelting. This happens exactly the same on the H.E.A.T smelter as well, I just happen to have a K&K smelter on my Minmus base.

FDEV9uy.png

Here is the contents of KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sg5nft_nSDm0M9OecAgWFyjDo00z7irQ/view?usp=sharing

What am I missing? I have two 5 star Engineers on the same craft, in the K&K Workshop module next to the smelter.

Good, my problem is that the construction menu does not appear. I have everything updated to 1.8.0 and the launchpad 6.6.2 I think (the penultimate to leave), mks, planetary base, toolbar, and a few more. With the tool I only get mechjeb options. I have reinstated a thousand times and nothing ...

1 hour ago, zer0Kerbal said:

SimpleConstruction? If that is what you are looking for - it still works.

No.

I was taking about the thing that ' MetalOre to StockOre Conversion' made by 'rabidninjawombat' . (Link to topic).
Is there some concurrent equivalent to that? Or at least, some way to reconfigure EPL to reduce it's resource chain in a way that doesn't force IFS down my throat?

Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper

• 4 weeks later...