[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

20 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Station  size should not have any effect. Do you have sufficient resources to transfer to your built ships? Do you save and load (includes switching to a distant vessel or the space center and back) between finalizing and releasing? Do you get any exceptions when finalizing or releasing? Are you using any resource switching mods (MFT, IFS, FS)? MFT should be fine, but I haven't tested with the others.

Yes, I have a ton of mods, unfortunately.. I primarily have IFS, but think some mod might have dragged in others too. I also have RemoteTech, and I have tried switching between the space center and back, load and saves, and it still messes it up. I do have enough resources available also. It mostly seems to be with Liquid Fuel or Oxidizer, Monoprop has never failed to transfer thus far.
I noticed another problem with RemoteTech, as I built a probe I forgot to put an antenna on, so I did an EVA and moved an antenna from a docked craft to the unreleased craft before releasing it. That did cause some issues with RemoteTech but it vanished after "buildtime" amount of time had passed.. :) But that problem I suspect lies more with RemoteTech...

I've heard of issues with IFS and EL. No idea what to do about them, though. I don't use IFS because MFT is much better (and not just because I maintain it now, that's more the other way).

Yeah, I imagine the antenna issue is more RemoteTech than EL.

13 hours ago, taniwha said:

Station  size should not have any effect. Do you have sufficient resources to transfer to your built ships? Do you save and load (includes switching to a distant vessel or the space center and back) between finalizing and releasing? Do you get any exceptions when finalizing or releasing? Are you using any resource switching mods (MFT, IFS, FS)? MFT should be fine, but I haven't tested with the others.

It seems that resources are not automatically transferred when using IFS. However, manual transfer after construction works fine.

Quick and possibly dumb question: I'm only able to get the "Show UI" button on some manned parts (like the habitation module) and not others (like the laboratory and the command modules). is this by design, and if not has anyone else had this issue?  I was going to try it with the toolbar mod but it seems that's still waiting for a 1.1.3 update.

1 hour ago, MarkRavingMad said:

Quick and possibly dumb question: I'm only able to get the "Show UI" button on some manned parts (like the habitation module) and not others (like the laboratory and the command modules). is this by design, and if not has anyone else had this issue?  I was going to try it with the toolbar mod but it seems that's still waiting for a 1.1.3 update.

Don't know about the UI, mine are always manned.

But the toolbar mod works just fine one 1.1.3.

On 7/10/2016 at 10:34 PM, taniwha said:

Oooooooh.

I was assuming that because I didn't have Kethane installed (allowing me to not have to have fuel for the ships before launch (strictly speaking, I'd like to do it, but with stock mining, not Kethane)) all resources would be transferred.

You're saying that for my ships with nuclear reactors on them, I need to have a supply of EnrichedUranium available at my base?

For some reason after downloading the mod and putting the folder in my game data, I am missing parts, but only some of them. I'm     missing the metal ore container, ground stake, orbital dock, workshop (the turquoise/blue one), scrap metal container and recycler. I've tried reinstalling the mod but no give. How can I get those parts so I can actually use the mod?

Looks really awesome by the way!

8 hours ago, RedDwarfIV said:

I was assuming that because I didn't have Kethane installed (allowing me to not have to have fuel for the ships before launch (strictly speaking, I'd like to do it, but with stock mining, not Kethane)) all resources would be transferred.

The only difference Kethane makes is to the availability of MetalOre (it adds locations). You always need to transfer resources, though docked builds will automate it for you.

3 hours ago, MC_Banana said:

How can I get those parts so I can actually use the mod?

Do you have USI/MKS installed? It hides (or used to hide) many parts.

8 hours ago, RedDwarfIV said:

You're saying that for my ships with nuclear reactors on them, I need to have a supply of EnrichedUranium available at my base?

[sorry, forgot to reply to this] Indeed you do, though there may be problems if the EnrichedUranium resources is not transferable (if so, it will need a resource recipe to make it a build requirement).

Is it by design that the craft is created 'dry'?  Also, if there are KIS container that are filled in the editor, that doesn't come across either?  I am asking, as I am attempting a 2 rocket launch to Duna and just want to make sure that I send enough supplies with the crew.

3 hours ago, taniwha said:

[sorry, forgot to reply to this] Indeed you do, though there may be problems if the EnrichedUranium resources is not transferable (if so, it will need a resource recipe to make it a build requirement).

Thanks for the response!

How do I create a resource recipe?

2 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Is it by design that the craft is created 'dry'?  Also, if there are KIS container that are filled in the editor, that doesn't come across either?  I am asking, as I am attempting a 2 rocket launch to Duna and just want to make sure that I send enough supplies with the crew.

It is entirely by design that craft are created 'dry': Building a tank out of steel doesn't mean you have the fuel to fill it, that's created separately, in a separate process.  However, if you design a KIS container with parts inside they will be built.  (I'm not entirely sure if the items inside it are filled with transferable resources if they exist - I would hope not, but it's an odd place to check.

7 hours ago, MC_Banana said:

For some reason after downloading the mod and putting the folder in my game data, I am missing parts, but only some of them. I'm     missing the metal ore container, ground stake, orbital dock, workshop (the turquoise/blue one), scrap metal container and recycler. I've tried reinstalling the mod but no give. How can I get those parts so I can actually use the mod?

Looks really awesome by the way!

People have pointed you to UKS - that's not your problem.  UKS never removed the ground stake - it was required to build using UKS.  (The current version doesn't remove anything, but that in particular means your problem isn't an old install either.)  My guess is an install issue - Could we have a pic of your GameData folder?

16 minutes ago, RedDwarfIV said:

Thanks for the response!

How do I create a resource recipe?

There are examples in the Extraplanetary Launchpads folder, but I'd actually recommend against going that route.  EnrichedUranium is hard to transfer by design - and the mods that include it include ways to transfer it when you need to; you should use those.  Usually that means having a store of it nearby, and sending out an Engineer to do the transfer.

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

There are examples in the Extraplanetary Launchpads folder, but I'd actually recommend against going that route.  EnrichedUranium is hard to transfer by design - and the mods that include it include ways to transfer it when you need to; you should use those.  Usually that means having a store of it nearby, and sending out an Engineer to do the transfer.

So... Ignore resource recipes, just land a can of Enriched Uranium near my base once I have enough science to research those? Okay.

3 minutes ago, RedDwarfIV said:

So... Ignore resource recipes, just land a can of Enriched Uranium near my base once I have enough science to research those? Okay.

Yep, that's the intended way to handle that situation.  The idea is that while most building materials are fairly easy to handle, that's a hazardous material and requires special handling.  (Note: I'm not sure what mods you are using - I know a couple of mods use EU, and I believe they all include a way to do transfers using an Engineer on EVA.  In UKS, you click on the reactor and 'Perform Maintenance' while there is a supply of EU nearby, and they'll do the transfer.)

Just now, MC_Banana said:

Try reinstalling? I've checked my game data folder, and I have all the parts I need. It seems like its not picking it up.

Note the rest of my sentence which you cut out of the quote: 'Could we have a pic of your GameData folder?'  :wink: It's possible you're overlooking something.

36 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Yep, that's the intended way to handle that situation.  The idea is that while most building materials are fairly easy to handle, that's a hazardous material and requires special handling.  (Note: I'm not sure what mods you are using - I know a couple of mods use EU, and I believe they all include a way to do transfers using an Engineer on EVA.  In UKS, you click on the reactor and 'Perform Maintenance' while there is a supply of EU nearby, and they'll do the transfer.)

Near Future Electrical and Kerbal Attachment System.

You can move EnrichedUranium around if its in the same ship, right?

9 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Note the rest of my sentence which you cut out of the quote: 'Could we have a pic of your GameData folder?'  :wink: It's possible you're overlooking something.

Didn't post pic because I... didn't know how to do that lol, and was to lazy to teach myself. But, I just did now.

What part of my extensive game data do you want to see, seeing as you can't navigate a picture?

12 minutes ago, RedDwarfIV said:

Near Future Electrical and Kerbal Attachment System.

You can move EnrichedUranium around if its in the same ship, right?

Yep.  I'm not sure if NFE can do it without actually attaching the EU tank to the ship (UKS has some other disconnected logistics things that it does, so that's part of that), but 'part of the same ship' is always close enough.  :wink:   (I don't use NFE myself - it twiddles a bit more with the electrical systems than I want - but I know that it has a method of transferring spent EU out and new EU in.)

Note that mostly I'm giving this advice as 'try it the way the mod makers intended it to work before you start overriding them - you may find they thought it through'.  :wink:

9 minutes ago, MC_Banana said:

Didn't post pic because I... didn't know how to do that lol, and was to lazy to teach myself. But, I just did now.

What part of my extensive game data do you want to see, seeing as you can't navigate a picture?

Top level should be fine.  Just take a screenshot of it.  If it's more than what's going to fit on one screen, make sure EL is in the image.  :wink:

Another option is to post a log file - it'll have the info in there as well; the interesting part is pretty near the top.

Either way - just find a site that'll let you upload it and put a link here.  (Dropbox is good for text files, imgr is good for images.)

I get 0% progress when building. It finds the survey stake, and I have all the needed resources. With KAC, it creates a 0s alarm for the creation of the ship that immediately expires. No ship appears though. The build dialog stays at 0% 0s forever. No EL exceptions in the log.

Maybe this?

[LOG 23:49:29.324] [EL Workshop] mk1pod (Part) cap: 1 seats: 0
[WRN 23:49:29.326] [Part]: PartModule TransferDialogSpawner at mk1pod, index 13: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
Looking for TransferDialogSpawner in other indices...
[WRN 23:49:29.327] ...no TransferDialogSpawner module found on part definition. Skipping...

Using Pathfinder, Near Future, USI-LS. Nothing crazy. And everything up-to-date.

Resource recipes make such resource required for the build and so become part of the build process (this is how Ablator and SolidFuel are handled), but as others said, it may be better to go with the relevant mod author's intent.

Resources in containers in KIS containers become required resources (though I believe recipes are checked for how to make them if appropriate: I've forgotten and don't feel like looking it up right now).

If I remember correctly, the stake and mallet (and something else?) were the only parts USI/MKS did not hide. However, I believe that recent versions have stopped hiding EL's parts due to the confusion the hiding caused.