[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

3 hours ago, mesterbenji said:

Actually the 64bit version is almost completely bugfree and in terms of crashes currently far more stable than the 32 bit version given that memory crashes practically don't exist.

First, I am speaking as a modder, not as a Squad staff member.

Consider this: it is completely unreasonable to expect modders to support something that even Squad does not support. Squad did support the 64-bit windows build for a while (0.24 to 0.90), and modders supported it in 0.24 (until the useless bug reports made that impossible), but in the end, even Squad had to drop support for the 64-bit build because it was too unstable (despite users' claims to the contrary).

Also, "practically don't exist" doesn't cut it. You might consider not crashing for an hour or two to be "quite stable". I consider that to be a house of cards on a rickety table in earthquake country. On top of that, the problems with the windows 64-bit build were not (directly related to) memory issues: all sorts of other weird stuff happened. Just watch Bob Fitch's Odyssey series.

It will be the modders that decide whether the windows 64-bit build of KSP 1.1 is supported, not the users, and not Squad. Many that currently don't will initially, I'm sure, but I am also sure that should any problems that can be isolated to being due to the windows 64-bit build arise, and users prove to be as "useful" as they did last time, many of those modders will revoke that support. For their own sanity.

All that said, I truly hope that KSP 1.1's 64-bit windows support is as stable as everyone hopes it to be. Heck, I really wish it hadn't been the pile of junk it was.

One thing I can say, though, is that it was through no fault of Squad's: porting a 32-bit application (in this case, the Unity engine, porting done by Unity) to 64-bit is no mean feat, and that's on an operating system with sensible integer types (Linux). Windows makes it very much harder because long integers, which should have changed with the bit size change, did not, and finding all the code that relies on the size of integer types is not easy, and then there's getting the fixes right. I know, because I have done it in QuakeForge: first to support 64-bit Linux (and that took a while to iron out all the bugs), and then again for Windows, and I actually have no idea if it works :(. That Unity has gotten its 64-bit Windows engine into a state where it can be considered again is amazing.

Here's hoping.

17 minutes ago, prelog15 said:

i attached it. it works when i try it on the lonch pad but it doesnt when i do it on my minmus base. the build ui doesnt find it.

Two possibilities: you forgot the survey station (or got it confused with the hitchhiker can), or the stake is too far away. Maximum distances are 20m for no kerbals in the survey station, 50m for a non-pilot* in the survey station, then 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1600m, 2000m, depending on the level of the pilot* in the survey station.

*actually, EL does not check kerbal traits (Pilot, Engineer, Scientist), but rather effects, so any kerbal with the ExSurveySkill effect, but EL gives that to pilots by default.

Well, it is where the kerbals hang all the surveying charts :)

[edit]Oh, if you're using USI, there's a part that works as the survey station. I don't know its name, but if you look through the part config files searching for ExSurveyStation, you'll find it. Similar for other mods that use/support EL.

Edited by taniwha

On 3/6/2016 at 10:11 AM, Felson said:
On 3/12/2016 at 7:32 AM, hab136 said:

@prelog15 did you attach the sticks to the ground (X key) or just drop them?

@mesterbenji the Win64 topic has been beaten to death, so you're not going to change anyone's mind at this point.  KSP 1.1 is probably a month or so away, and there's little value in supporting Win64 before that.

I have been having the issue where the Survey Stakes would not attach to the ground. After some chatting in the KIS thread,  IgorZ found the answer. Adding the following to the part.cfg file for the  Survey Stakes fixes the issue.

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.19, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0

AHA! I knew something was up with that... was telling me 'cannot surface attach' lately... is it the X key or the H key?  My install always seems to say H is surface-attach?  It used to work that way, lately it doesn't want to, but I think I need to add that part.cfg fix here.

On 3/12/2016 at 2:27 PM, taniwha said:

Well, it is where the kerbals hang all the surveying charts :)

[edit]Oh, if you're using USI, there's a part that works as the survey station. I don't know its name, but if you look through the part config files searching for ExSurveyStation, you'll find it. Similar for other mods that use/support EL.

The MKS/UKS Pioneer modules act as survey stations.

As per RoverDude's suggestion I am cross posting here:

---

Greetings all, I'm having some game killing issues with the Orbital Shipyard (UKS). For whatever reason, whenever I "Finalize Build" I lose control of everything. None of the context menu options pop up when I click on any part, the next and previous ship hotkeys no longer do anything, going to the map and picking the Orbital Shipyard does not help. I cannot EVA any Orbital Shipyard kerbals. If I close the game and reload, it reloads with the Orbital Shipyard having finished construction and awaiting the "Finalize Build" command. Choosing it again leads to the same circumstances. This holds true whether I build a simple 1 part ship or a 100 part monstrosity.

If I'm quick, I can click "Finalize Build" and immediately "Release" and then KSP glitches out hard, with the text jittering on the screen and the inability to click ANYTHING.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm at the point where my next logical step is to begin setting up orbital construction on Minmus and it's just failing.

Could someone help me please ?

I installed the mod along with some other mods (mostly KIS, KAS, Kethane, Pathfinder, SCANsat, TAC LS and Kolonization but here is a full list of all the small mods : http://imgur.com/uj1KKWu (+wildBlueTools that was outside the screen capture region)) and most of the parts are missing (Magnetometer, launchpad 1 and 2, OMD, etc...)

The part folders are in the gamedata/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads but they don't appear in game (I researched specializedConstruction and sciencetech).

Is there any compatibility problem with one of the mod I installed ? Is it a know bug ? Any idea how I could solve this ?

1 hour ago, columini said:

Could someone help me please ?

I installed the mod along with some other mods (mostly KIS, KAS, Kethane, Pathfinder, SCANsat, TAC LS and Kolonization but here is a full list of all the small mods : http://imgur.com/uj1KKWu (+wildBlueTools that was outside the screen capture region)) and most of the parts are missing (Magnetometer, launchpad 1 and 2, OMD, etc...)

The part folders are in the gamedata/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads but they don't appear in game (I researched specializedConstruction and sciencetech).

Is there any compatibility problem with one of the mod I installed ? Is it a know bug ? Any idea how I could solve this ?

By default Kolonization hides EPL parts for which it has an alternate module.

On 3/15/2016 at 11:46 PM, JaxFirehart said:

As per RoverDude's suggestion I am cross posting here:

---

Greetings all, I'm having some game killing issues with the Orbital Shipyard (UKS). For whatever reason, whenever I "Finalize Build" I lose control of everything. None of the context menu options pop up when I click on any part, the next and previous ship hotkeys no longer do anything, going to the map and picking the Orbital Shipyard does not help. I cannot EVA any Orbital Shipyard kerbals. If I close the game and reload, it reloads with the Orbital Shipyard having finished construction and awaiting the "Finalize Build" command. Choosing it again leads to the same circumstances. This holds true whether I build a simple 1 part ship or a 100 part monstrosity.

If I'm quick, I can click "Finalize Build" and immediately "Release" and then KSP glitches out hard, with the text jittering on the screen and the inability to click ANYTHING.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm at the point where my next logical step is to begin setting up orbital construction on Minmus and it's just failing.

Does pressing [ or ] to switch ships do anything?

taniwha will probably need logs to help diagnose this - see this thread on how to collect them: 

I'm having a bit of an odd issue and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've had EL installed for some time but I hadn't gotten far enough into the game to use any of it yet. I'd see that parts here and there and just scroll passed. Well, I've recently gotten to the point where I'm ready to use the parts, except now they're gone. The only thing I seem to have from the mod is the welded hexcans(only welded, not individual) and the survey stake and mallet. All other parts from the mod have vanished. No clue why, though I have altered my mod library here and there since I added this mod. I've attempted removing and reinstalling the mod to no avail, but I'm currently stumped on how to try and fix this issue, so help would be greatly appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Then USI's setting got changed, I guess. Dunno. (I really do need to install USI sometime so I can give better support)

See, but that's the issue. It's such a good mod and I want to use it in tandem with EL but I can't seem to access the EL parts anymore. Either way, thanks for the help. Still trying to find a solution. I'll post if I do.

Edited by Azrael the Sorrowful

23 minutes ago, Azrael the Sorrowful said:

How does one disconnect a ship from one of the parts that builds them so they can be launched. The ships I make just seem to be arbitrarily attached to the builder part.

There should be a 'release' or 'launch' button in the UI that comes up when you open up the UI for the dock or pad.