[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

I just got back to this thread lol, but Mzxs I don't see that problem.. are there any asteriods or just no new asteriods spawn after the initial new game? I'm not seeing either behavior, and my mods in use is quite extensive.. but I shy away from part heavy mods if I can. mostly plugins.

i stay away from part mods aswell, and i mean no asteroids even spawn in the world.

For those of you having trouble with being able to open the EL window: do you have control of your ship? (is the staging light purple?) If you do not have control of your ship, no right-click menu buttons will show. The workshop is not a command module.

I have just verified that EL does not affect asteroid spawning. If asteroids do not spawn for you, then something else is afoot.

when i encountered the issue i had no control of the ship (nothing worked, no sas, no solar panels etc), but somehow after re attaching the launchpad in the editor the problem does not affect me anymore. my biggest problem now is the fact that i can`t set the spawn height when using the launchpad (the usual slider simply is not there anymore and the ship is quite large), my ship clips into the launchpad and promptly blows up. was the spawn height option removed? thanks

I am also having trouble with not being able to get a right click to work on the Orbital Dock. My Pods are Manned, the light is green... It's not showing me the UI.

It showed the interface on liftoff. But, after I closed it I could not get it back.

I actually found a workaround. If you launch another craft with a survey station crew cabin, and right click that, you can get the EPL interface back up, and if you leave it open while you switch back to the space center, then to the tracking station, then to your craft with the orbital dock your interface will be on. But if you press the 'close' button, you have to do all that over again to get it back.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by MrChumley

Sorry, guys. The orbital dock (and other pads) problem is my fault. I thought I had tested it, but it looks like I missed that part (dock and survey station use different code). I've pushed a fix and it will be included when I update EL with the fix for the tank sizes (probably tonight (GMT+900) if nothing else comes up).

Just got to the stage of setting up the launch pads, but for some reason my launch pads are white as the textures aren`t being applied.

Error:

deleting part exLaunchPad2(Clone)

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

//-- Here is where I add it back --\\

exLaunchPad2(Clone) added to ship - part count: 101

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

stage count is: 8

Input is null

Single error per attachement in the vab, not using ATM either.

Is there a way without to much trouble to see what path it tries to load the texture from?

Kamuchi: Did you install EL such that you have GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads?

Pectus Solentis: Are you sure you installed EL at all? I do not see it anywhere in your directory screenshot.

BTW, F1 for screenshots. They will be in <KSPDIR>/Screenshots

I have released version 4.3.1 of EL. Links in the first post.

64-bit Windows is NOT supported due to it being an unstable mess.

Nobody will stop you from modifying it to work, but you will get NO support. Anybody distributing a modified version of Extraplanetary Launchpads (for any reason, actually) must make it prominently clear that it is not Extraplanetary Launchpads as released by me. This is actually one of the requirements in the GPL.

Also, by releasing a modified version, you agree to accept all responsibility. This is the reason for the attribution rule in the GPL: so your victims come crying to you rather than to me.

• Fix the sizes of the storage containers done by Aeon Phoenix.
  • Fix the missing Show/Hide UI buttons in the pad/dock menu.
  • Remove the ancient (previously deprecated) ore and metal bins (anyone remember those?)
  • Hide survey stakes and station unless KAS is installed (Starstrider42)
  • Made survey stakes stateful (Starstrider42) (ie, their mode will not be forgotten in a KAS container).

Kamuchi: Did you install EL such that you have GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads?

Pectus Solentis: Are you sure you installed EL at all? I do not see it anywhere in your directory screenshot.

BTW, F1 for screenshots. They will be in <KSPDIR>/Screenshots

I removed EPL before taking Gamedata screenshot... sorry :(

but remaning mods except EPL there was my current using mods.

beaucoupzero: I don't know. I need to look into what happened to it (I suspect it suffered some damage when I rearranged the core logic). Why do you even need it? The ship's bounds are queried before placing it. Are you using something like tweakscale?

Pectus Solentis: Kamuchi: I did nothing to affect the VAB or textures...

Still, I'm glad it works for you.

thanks for your answer. well, mostly because this happens, the ship clips into the pad or something like that, explosions follow shortly after it spawns. -> http://imgur.com/a/FSnvl

another advantage of the spawn height option was that i could take off much easier from a safe distance, and not risking hitting the builder ship.

Indeed i use tweak scale but the ships don`t have any rescaled parts, also i can`t release the ship (the bug in the previous version seems to still affects me)

and for some odd reason physics seem suspended, i tried time warping and nothing happens, as strange as it sounds not even the planets move,

everything is frozen except i can right click parts and the resources are visible but I can`t toggle any functions at all.

i have uploaded my log if you need it -> http://www./download/zs6lfr2x5hk8b43/KSP.log

thank you.

Pectus Solentis: Kamuchi: I did nothing to affect the VAB or textures...

Still, I'm glad it works for you.

Maybe that`s just the new bugged texture loading issue in 0.25 having a fart, almost solved, so what ever works :P

beaucoupzero: As I suspected, the spawn offset code suffered from the reorganization The code is commented out: obviously I had intended to revisit it once things were working but forgot about it. I blame the launch clamps. Sorry.

I'm busy with another project that should make EL more enjoyable for everyone, but I do have some good news: there is a workaround. Edit ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/launchpad2/part.cfg and change SpawnHeightOffset to whatever you used + 0.1 (the current value). This will have the exact same effect as the important code (

Vector3 offset = Vector3.up * (SpawnHeightOffset + spawnOffset);

) is still functional.

I have no idea what to say about the inability to release. Some screenshots of the problem vessel with the build window open might help.

M/O/RP storage size problem confirmed. However, it is purely cosmetic: the nodes themselves are actually correct.

I've pushed fixes already and a fix should be out soonish, but in the meantime, to fix it yourselves:

1. go to GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/aeon
  2. edit ELTank*/part.cfg (except ELTankLargeMTL/part.cfg: it is correct and doesn't use MODEL)
  3. in the MODEL node of each file, change all three of the scale = values: change 0.8 to 1.0 and 0.4 to 0.5.

The problem is caused by the rescaleFactor bug introduced many moons ago finally being fixed and me failing to spot the problem when I looked at the cfg files, and I don't use the aeon tanks.

Note, also, that I have decided to bite the bullet and deprecate them: tweakscale/FS texture switch/MFT. Similar for hexcans. Means I can "add" ScrapMetal containers too without exacerbating the part spam.

Does this mean that Hexcans will be the only choice for containers? :-( Also, tweakscale won't be a requirement I hope. I find it a bit cheaty in early career.