[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

taniwha, I was building with one the other day but then added city and broke all building whacked city and updated all the mods i had previously and now its still not working :( figured i would ask since i vaguely remember some mention of a issue with survey stakes.

[Edit] Bah got a case of the stupids.... engeneer must put steak in. jeb got one stuck in the ground upright even... thought oh i put in a steak.... :blush:

Edited by Kendrick

I haven't been able to really find a solution to this anywhere, so some help would be appreciated! I can't get the launchpad to build anything. I've launched one up attached to a mobile processing lab, I've tested it attached directly to the workshop, attached to a manned command pod, while a workshop is actively making metal into parts, etc. I only have one experienced engineer, but even with only one experienced one I would think 5 days or so would amount to at least .001% completion. Halp! I want to build rockets IN SPACE!

Kendrick: how did you put the stake in? (ie which tool). The mallet is intended to allow any kerbal to plant stakes.

Lerf: How stupid is your engineer? What makes for a productive kerbal is actually a mix of courage, stupidity, bad ass, experience level (stock), and workshop experience (optional, KerbalStats), and the workshop itself. Take a look at Kerbas_ad_astra's graphs (linked in the first post).

Lerf: How stupid is your engineer? What makes for a productive kerbal is actually a mix of courage, stupidity, bad ass, experience level (stock), and workshop experience (optional, KerbalStats), and the workshop itself. Take a look at Kerbas_ad_astra's graphs (linked in the first post).

Hm, I didn't think about the badass level, forgot that existed! Looking at my career save though, the one I'm using actually is badass. Her levels are as follows: brave = 0.21323, dumb =0.1410467, badS = True

No workshop experience though, since I don't have KerbalStats (though I may get it now!), and she's almost level 2, so maybe just not enough regular experience? Even so, I would think she would have SOME productivity with those other stats!

Hello, the timer when you build something is a bit confusing, I think it only counts up to 24 hours so it resets each day? Wouldn't be better to display the total time?

Hello, the timer when you build something is a bit confusing, I think it only counts up to 24 hours so it resets each day? Wouldn't be better to display the total time?

I agree here actually. Although if you use KAC, it shows the full time as an alert.

Thank you, I do use KAC. Very useful as always.

Btw, I'm having problems launching a vessel in orbit, I'm getting stuck, it's suposed to show the release menu to transfer fuel, etc., but instead I can't do anything, not even warp, just exit. The built ship is all bugged like switching from suborbital to escape, really weird. I made a "clean" log, it's possibly some mod incompatibility I guess.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxWJPHau1WxfbEV2VXY5QTU0M0E/view?usp=sharing

Well I'm just testing stuff, so only stock ships. Particularly the Orbiter 1A since it doesn't have launchclamps and I figured it would be less buggy. Also tried with Kerbal X (that one worked once but no more), and some other. I sent the ship to my brother that plays with diferent mods and he could build and launch ships correctly so I thought it could be some mod. Have to say that I'm hyper editing, though, maybe that breaks something?

Hm, I didn't think about the badass level, forgot that existed! Looking at my career save though, the one I'm using actually is badass. Her levels are as follows: brave = 0.21323, dumb =0.1410467, badS = True

No workshop experience though, since I don't have KerbalStats (though I may get it now!), and she's almost level 2, so maybe just not enough regular experience? Even so, I would think she would have SOME productivity with those other stats!

That is odd, she certainly should have some experience. If you look in the logs, you will find a line similar to:

[Log]: [EL Workshop] Kerbal: Dirina Kerman 0.1645007 0.2143992 False 0() 0 True 0 False 0.25

If you paste your version, we can figure out what's going on.

It would indeed. It's one of those bugs I notice occasionally but forget about when I look at the code :/.

Well I'm just testing stuff, so only stock ships. Particularly the Orbiter 1A since it doesn't have launchclamps and I figured it would be less buggy. Also tried with Kerbal X (that one worked once but no more), and some other. I sent the ship to my brother that plays with diferent mods and he could build and launch ships correctly so I thought it could be some mod. Have to say that I'm hyper editing, though, maybe that breaks something?

While I woundn't expect hyperedit to break things, it might be.

Also, check for parts clipping.

Which reminds me... is this launchpad2? That this does suffer from self-clipping and spazzes out. Animated parts don't get the same collision treatment as static parts in KSP and thus will clip with the rest of the ship (or themselves). At least one of launchpad2's side ramp colliders clips with the adjacent platform collider when unfolded. This causes PhysX to have a heart attack.

That is odd, she certainly should have some experience. If you look in the logs, you will find a line similar to:

[Log]: [EL Workshop] Kerbal: Dirina Kerman 0.1645007 0.2143992 False 0() 0 True 0 False 0.25

If you paste your version, we can figure out what's going on.

Forgive me, I'm kinda new to this, where would I find the logs? The only logs I know of are error/crash logs! Also, what do you mean by pasting my version?

Kendrick: how did you put the stake in? (ie which tool). The mallet is intended to allow any kerbal to plant stakes.

Gave jeb a mallet and 3 stakes. first one fell in to the ground and 2nd stood upright but was not counted by the can till i had an eng stand next to it it then became her base

Also, check for parts clipping.

Which reminds me... is this launchpad2? That this does suffer from self-clipping and spazzes out. Animated parts don't get the same collision treatment as static parts in KSP and thus will clip with the rest of the ship (or themselves). At least one of launchpad2's side ramp colliders clips with the adjacent platform collider when unfolded. This causes PhysX to have a heart attack.

I can't see clipping, although it's not with any of your parts, but the MKS orbital launchpad. I figured the conflict was EL with something else, not the part itself. If you think it's actually the part well sorry for bringing it here, I should ask on MKS thread instead, I'm just new using your mod and I'm lerning how to use it. I did some testing on the ground and it worked, so maybe is there some problem with the part itself indeed, but I'm running so many mods that who knows... Thank you.

eodh: EL will give you the status (orbiting, escaping, etc), but it certainly shouldn't be causing such twitching. If it is a collider issue, then you won't necessarily see it because colliders are invisible and do not necessarily follow the shape of the visible mesh. It took careful poking at the launchpad2 model in blender to find the collision.

Well I tried with other parts (including yours) and I still have the same bug. I'll be deleting mods to see if I can narrow one that may be causing a conflict...

___

Found it! It's KSP Interstellar Extended (v1.1.14)

_Edit_ Naaaaaah forget that, it's not, sorry. I'm reinstalling all my mods 1 by 1 and trying.

---Update---

Found it and fixed it! I had to update TweakableEverything (had 1.11 and lastest is 1.11.5, and all problem is gone!) Sometimes I'm so tempted to migrate to CKAN...

Edited by eodh

Hey taniwha, looks like launch clamps are still a little buggy in 5.1.92. They usually work alright when I'm launching from the VAB, but when I create a new sandbox save (on an install that has EPL and Module Manager only) and launch e.g. a Kerbal 2 or X directly from the main menu (i.e. clicking on the launchpad), there's no "girder" part, and the clamps teleport directly to the spacecraft now and then during launch. (Thankfully they've never directly intersected me, but I'm sure bad things would happen if they did.)

Hello.

While working on my Project ROCK, I was wondering if it were possible to use Extraplanetary launchpads, but only in a very simplified version.

Is there any way to obtain a slimmed-down version of EPL? My objective is to have an EPL that consumes Ore directly for creating rockets, and have a build time independent of the Kerbals installed or crew skills.

For example:

-Launchpad

-Workshop

Workshop is given a rocket to build. Workshop displays the required Ore and the Launchpad you wish to assemble the rocket on. The player clcik on 'Build' and regardless of the Kerbals, the workshop starts spawning the vessel on the Launchpad using electricity and ore.

Has someone done this before?

Which files do I need to modify to 'slim down' EPL?

snippy snip!

Slim down EPL? I am not sure but the construction bay (the big blue one where they manufacturer stuff ) you can change the production factor to 50 which speeds things up.

another thing that i want to show is a mod made by oaktree :https://github.com/OakTree42/KSI-Hiring

this mod allows to get lvl 2 engineers and pilots.

which help as the more enginners there are, the faster they do work. Thus speeding up the construction.

(TLDR you need to modify the source code which is somewhere at the first post)

Slim down EPL? I am not sure but the construction bay (the big blue one where they manufacturer stuff ) you can change the production factor to 50 which speeds things up.

another thing that i want to show is a mod made by oaktree :https://github.com/OakTree42/KSI-Hiring

this mod allows to get lvl 2 engineers and pilots.

which help as the more enginners there are, the faster they do work. Thus speeding up the construction.

(TLDR you need to modify the source code which is somewhere at the first post)

So it is not possible to make productivity independent of Kerbal skill without modifying the source code?

Where do we post bugs in this mod? Please let me know.

If this is the appropriate place I noticed a minor yet very bad bug. When a kerbal with inventory items enters a workshop their entire inventory is lost to the ether. I put kerbals with wrenches into a workshop and then moved them out of it and all items were lost.

Second more minor annoyance then anything, when EVA or transferring kerbals into or out of a workshop the transfer menu does not close when they are moved making it look like it didn't work when in fact it did transfer them. You must hit esc then reclick the crew hatch (which is annoyingly difficult to find sometimes) also (and this may be related) when EVAing a kerbal out of the workstation the game puts them on the ladder fine but does not transfer to the kerbal making you have to cycle thru the various shops and kerbals out (gets annoying when you're moving 10 kerbals around a work station on a planet surface.

Also for some reason the productivity doesn't appear to accurately refresh when kerbals are moved into and out of workstations. It really hurts the gameplay when I put a really stupid kerbal (one that actually has a negative productivity...??? Is that SUPPOSED to be allowed???) the negative productivity stays even when I put in smart kerbals that should increase productivity making my ability to build ships impossible. This requires me to save, and then reload to refresh the productivity of the workstations. This also happens when I connect up vehicles with negative productivity kerbals...Just a suggestion (assuming it's supposed to do this already) but personally I think there should be either 0 productivity or a positive value, negative productivity kerbals really messes up my ability to build stuff making it "generate" items while I build instead of using them up. Additionally when I connect refueling vehicles or other things. If the production drops below 0 it keeps it even when they're all disconnected again. It really should just be 0 productivity and not allow a negative number at all. (Use absolute values that might help fix the problem)

A side question, is there any way I can see a kerbal's productivity before I put them in stuff so I know which kerbals I should keep out of the vehicles and which ones are the best ones?

If you need me to post these somewhere specific for tracking please let me know I'll be happy to do it. If you want to see demonstrations of the problem they are on my twitch stream (please excuse my shameless plug - www.twitch.tv/GokouZWAR) you can watch past videos there. I specifically dedicated last night's stream to figuring out what was going on with EL so you can see what I did. Also the previous night before (near the end of the stream) shows when I discovered the issues outlined. The stream titled "minmus ground base..." is where I did the work on it. Dated 6/1/2015.

Thanks for a great mod! I really like it and I hope to see these minor problems fixed soon! I've showcased it to several viewers and they like it as well. I originally saw it from 1stghost's stream and instantly knew it would be a great addition to my mod collection.

If this is the appropriate place I noticed a minor yet very bad bug. When a kerbal with inventory items enters a workshop their entire inventory is lost to the ether. I put kerbals with wrenches into a workshop and then moved them out of it and all items were lost.

Known KIS issue for modules without an IVA. There is a patch outlined in the KIS thread.

I checked over there and it appears they've fixed several things that were annoying but I don't see where they fixed the IVA issue? I guess they're still working on it...I might wait to update once that's fixed.

What about the negative calculations and other bugs outlined. That does remove one of the more inconvenient bugs. It's avoidable by making sure their inventories are clear before entering a workshop. The thing that's odd though is I can set the inventories of those inside the workshop so it's weird that not having an IVA would cause this. Is this related also to the transferring of kerbals and other things? Wouldn't it be easier to add a "blank" IVA to get around this issue? Even the game dev's had blank IVAs while they were developing...