[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

On 4/30/2020 at 8:34 PM, taniwha said:

You need Kerbal Inventory System to be installed for EL's survey parts to be available.

Also, there are no EPL parts anywhere: they're EL :)

Side note: I tell people "EL, not EPL" whenever I can - it's probably a losing battle, but I figure if it was important to you, the least we can do as long-time users of the mod is to back you up. :-D

On 4/30/2020 at 8:34 PM, taniwha said:

You need Kerbal Inventory System to be installed for EL's survey parts to be available.

Also, there are no EPL parts anywhere: they're EL :)

Ah. Good point about "EL" vs "EPL". The grammatical distinction between "extra planetary" and "extraplanetary" is probably a bit subtle for many people. Probably about as difficult to get people to understand that one as it is to get them to understand that the plural of "craft" is "craft" (a pet peeve of mine, as I find it downright jarring to read :crafts". :-)

2 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Well, "craft" vs "crafts" depends on context, but when it comes to aerospace vehicles, yeah "one craft, two craft".

"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish..." If you haven't had young kids, you might not recognize the Dr. Seuss allusion. If you have had kids, you might have been making such an allusion. :-)

1 minute ago, rmaine said:

"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish..." If you haven't had young kids, you might not recognize the Dr. Seuss allusion. If you have had kids, you might have been making such an allusion. :-)

Subconsciously, very likely. I prefer Fox in Sox, though (new goo, blue goo)

Anyone else get this error in their log when blowing stuff up with BDarmory?

[LOG 00:32:16.588] 1 explosions created.
[EXC 00:32:16.754] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELResourceWindow.RebuildSets (Vessel v) (at <1aad65bcfb4b4a51aa2da38cdc7e0e8e>:0)
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELResourceWindow+<WaitAndRebuildSets>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () (at <1aad65bcfb4b4a51aa2da38cdc7e0e8e>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 00:32:16.755] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELResourceWindow.RebuildSets (Vessel v) (at <1aad65bcfb4b4a51aa2da38cdc7e0e8e>:0)
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELResourceWindow+<WaitAndRebuildSets>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () (at <1aad65bcfb4b4a51aa2da38cdc7e0e8e>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 00:32:16.756] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

@The Space Man: I got it too today, without BDA*. I've tweaked things locally for further testing.

* I was flying a plane at 3x physwarp because JNSQ has too many trees. All was going well for several minutes until things suddenly went unstable and a wing ripped off. Got that exception.

I've run into a curious annoyance in my career game that's not showing up in a sandbox save I've got in the same instal. I've somehow managed to get things set so that I can't see the el build resources window in the editor. I've tried setting the switch to show it in the editor before going into the vab and I've tried both with an without blizzys toolbar. Nothing I've tried will make it visible now in my career save, but in a sandbox game it's right there. I suspect I've somehow shifted it off screen so that when I toggle it off and on its appearing and disappearing off stage. Is there any way to reset the location of the window?

@schlosrat No easy way (it comes up so rarely (it has been years)): you need to edit your save file (MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!!!!):

1. make a quicksave
  2. open your saves/<savename>/quicksave.sfs
  3. search for ELsettings (in a SCENARIO node)
  4. go down to the ShipInfo node
  5. zero out the 4 numbers in the rect line (so it reads rect = 0, 0, 0, 0). This will reset the window to its default position and size
  6. save the file
  7. load your quicksave

The above works for persistent.sfs too, but that's a little more awkward as you need to leave the game (to the main menu) before starting.

I think I'll add a button to the settings panel (space center scene) to reset all window positions.

Edited by taniwha

On 5/8/2020 at 2:13 AM, taniwha said:

@schlosrat No easy way (it comes up so rarely (it has been years)): you need to edit your save file (MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!!!!):

1. make a quicksave
  2. open your saves/<savename>/quicksave.sfs
  3. search for ELsettings (in a SCENARIO node)
  4. go down to the ShipInfo node
  5. zero out the 4 numbers in the rect line (so it reads rect = 0, 0, 0, 0). This will reset the window to its default position and size
  6. save the file
  7. load your quicksave

The above works for persistent.sfs too, but that's a little more awkward as you need to leave the game (to the main menu) before starting.

I think I'll add a button to the settings panel (space center scene) to reset all window positions.

Thanks @taniwha! Finally got around to trying this and dang it was easy. Very quick, and I didn't even have to close the game to effect the fix.

Thanks!

Hey, I'm having an issue where the ui doesn't show up on my shipyard.

I'm using the UKS orbital shipyard, the button to show the ui does work but the window where everything should be is empty.

Any tips on what might be causing the issue?

57 minutes ago, Bubmer said:

Hey, I'm having an issue where the ui doesn't show up on my shipyard.

I'm using the UKS orbital shipyard, the button to show the ui does work but the window where everything should be is empty.

Any tips on what might be causing the issue?

Does it work with parts from EL itself?  If so, it's probably because the UKS orbital shipyard is depreciated and unsupported.  (How old is this station?  That part's been depreciated for years.)

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Does it work with parts from EL itself?  If so, it's probably because the UKS orbital shipyard is depreciated and unsupported.  (How old is this station?  That part's been depreciated for years.)

Just tried the EL pad too, it's got something to do with robotic parts.

After I try and load a craft I get an error telling me it's missing those parts and then the UI stays blank

Something's going on with EL 6.7.2 on KSP 1.8.1 and MOLE 1.22. When I go to load up a craft to print no matter what type of construction bay I'm using, instead of bringing up the resource list for construction, a copy of the desired craft comes shooting out of the bay at high speed; this tends to RUD my ground bases, and with my orbital drydocks the copy is not there on my next save. Not sure what's going on but with as much as I've come to rely on EL I've had to roll-back the mod quite a little ways (to v6.4.0) to get it to where I can use it again.

I did take the opportunity to try out 6.7.2 again recently; the log file from that session is here, and I once again observed the same behavior. Any idea what may be going on? 

@capi3101: Thanks for the log. You do have a broken agent causing a lot of exceptions in the contract system (not that I think that's relevant).

OSE is throwing invalid cast exceptions (again, probably not relevant, but every ~0.15s).

Ah, I've found the problem (not that it will mean much to you):

[EXC 07:47:29.176] ArgumentException: Field items defined on type KIS.ModuleKISInventory is not a field on the target object which is of type WildBlueIndustries.WBISciLabOpsView.
Parameter name: obj
        System.Reflection.MonoField.GetValue (System.Object obj) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
        ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.KIS.ModuleKISInventory.get_items () (at <1aad65bcfb4b4a51aa2da38cdc7e0e8e>:0)
        ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.KIS.KISWrapper.GetResources (ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.KIS.ModuleKISInventory inv, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] resources) (at <1aad65bcfb4b4a51aa2da38cdc7e0e8e>:0)
        ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.KIS.KISWrapper.GetResources (Part part, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] resources) (at <1aad65bcfb4b4a51aa2da38cdc7e0e8e>:0)
        ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.BuildCost.addPart (Part part) (at <1aad65bcfb4b4a51aa2da38cdc7e0e8e>:0)
        ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELBuildControl.getBuildCost (ConfigNode craft, System.String craftText) (at <1aad65bcfb4b4a51aa2da38cdc7e0e8e>:0)
        ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELBuildControl.LoadCraft (System.String filename, System.String flagname) (at <1aad65bcfb4b4a51aa2da38cdc7e0e8e>:0)
        ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELBuildWindow.craftSelectComplete (System.String filename, KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog+LoadType lt) (at <1aad65bcfb4b4a51aa2da38cdc7e0e8e>:0)

Now, the question is: EL or WBI? Considering WBI is throwing exceptions elsewhere, it is suspect (I've pinged @Angel-125 elsewhere), but at the same time, why is EL looking at WBISciLabOpsView?!? (something for me to find out)

It appears that LaunchClamps do not substitute correctly if ReStock is installed.

The following code in ReStock MM config is a possible cause:

!MODULE[LaunchClamp] {}

MODULE {
    name = ModuleRestockLaunchClamp
    trf_towerPivot_name = obj_girdercap
    trf_towerStretch_name = obj_stretch
    trf_towerGirder_name = obj_girder
    trf_towerYoke_name = obj_yoke
    trf_anchor_name = obj_ground
    trf_animationRoot_name = restock-clamp-1
    anim_decouple_name = RestockLaunchClamp_Deploy
  }

@NHunter I took a good look at things and... ouch, "not substitute correctly" is putting it mildly. I have made some changes that I need to test before releasing that should make them work well enough so long as they aren't rotated too much around a horizontal axis (ie, the heads are fairly level). My notes (commit logs) indicate it affects build height calculations. I will need to look into getting a suitable patch to ReStock.

2 hours ago, NHunter said:

I assume that the patch will take some time. So, in the meantime,.. removing the ReStock patch (and re-adding clamps to the craft design) should let me build a ship starting on clamps, right?

Yes, that will work. And yes, it will take a little bit, sorry.

On 2/11/2019 at 6:22 PM, taniwha said:

Your stakes exploding is actually not related to EL, and only loosely related to KIS. The problem likes in how KSP determines the height at which a vessel (in this case EL's stake) should be when loading a scene: if KSP thinks the vessel should be higher that what is is when it is resting on the surface (because the ground polygons are lower than the height data), KSP will raise the vessel. KIS then locks the vessel into place and because the vessel is no longer touching the ground, KSP marks it as flying. Then when you next go into warp (or leave the scene), the vessel crashes into the ground. I figured this out when I came across a floating rock on Duna: I planted a flag on the ground under one edge of the rock, saved, loaded, and the flag was floating in the air right beside the rock. As I had already lost a few flags to the kraken on that trip, I realized what was going on.

I don't know if anything can be done about it in KIS (thus why I haven't talked to Igorz about it yet), but there is something you can do: do not leave stakes out: do your building, then just before you finalize, plant your stakes, finalize the build, then collect your stakes. It is a pain, but it saves having to make KIS containers with more stakes. Note that you can always get away with one quicksave/quickload cycle because it's the loading that shifts the flags up. Since figuring out why stakes wind up flying and thus explode, I have not lost a single stake (though admittedly, it has been less than two weeks since I figured it out).

@taniwha  I added the following patch to mine.  If you have Umbra Space Industries tools, it adds the Toggle Ground Tether to the stake, which if you set it, keeps it from moving (other than jumping up a little after a warp).

@PART[ELSurveyStake]:FOR[Launchpad]:NEEDS[USITools]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = USI_InertialDampener
    }    
}

I've yet to figure out the multiple stake thing, as whatever I build is always pointed in the same direction no matter what I do to the stakes.  I've read the docs, but not had any luck.  Using the least number of stakes, how do I point something in a particular direction?  I know it is supposed to point toward the door of the vab/sph, but I just can't figure it out.