[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

AtrumDeus: zip it up and put it somewhere like pastebin, dropbox, ...

But that ExLP.ExBuildWindow.OnGUI seems to be at the top of the list is interesting. I thought I got everything. Still, I need your whole log file as there might be something earlier causing later problems.

Reproduced My explosion problem as the last action taken in these logs. Built launchpad on the Mun via survey stakes. Connected launchpad to base. Built vessel with launchpad. Boom. Root part exploded on finalize build.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7904223/KSP%20Log.zip

AtrumDeus: ouch, what a mess. You even somehow managed to break the dropdown list in EL's build menu. However, there's not much I can do other than suggest upgrading everything, including KSP: you are still on 0.25, EL on 4.3.1, and several mods are happily throwing exceptions, including MJ, RT, EVE, and ATM. I may have seen exceptions from USI even.

AtrumDeus: ouch, what a mess. You even somehow managed to break the dropdown list in EL's build menu. However, there's not much I can do other than suggest upgrading everything, including KSP: you are still on 0.25, EL on 4.3.1, and several mods are happily throwing exceptions, including MJ, RT, EVE, and ATM. I may have seen exceptions from USI even.

That does not seem right... the log file gives the version right at the top. 0.90 beta, and I have EL 5.0 installed.... Let Me check and make sure.

The removal of free and instant construction modes is the reason for the jump to 5.0.0: it may make some people's saves unworkable. It won't break the saves outright as most vessels will have some form of workshop (command pods, hitchhiker can, science lab), and either flying out a workshop or building one on site will take care of build rates.

The current effects of the construction skill (by level):

• 0) The kerbal can work in a fully equipped workshop.
  • 1) The kerbal can work in any workshop.
  • 2) The kerbal is always productive in a fully equipped workshop.
  • 3) The kerbal is always productive in any workshop.
  • 4) The kerbal enables skilled workers in any workshop.
  • 5) The kerbal enables unskilled workers in a fully equipped workshop.

"Fully equipped" for now means the workshop's productivity factor >= 1.0 (in EL, the big blue workshop). Since getting a level-1 engineer is trivial (put him in orbit, get him home), I don't see that as being too much of a problem.

Just noticed that update, better late then never. If I have a save that was using instant building, will it just switch to progressive without any problems?

I only have a hitchhiker container in my orbital dock, I remember that it works as workshop, so 1-star engineer should be able to construct something in there, correct?

P.S. I suppose that with building vessel that has assigned pilot in VAB using EL, while dock has no kerbals caused new vessel to spawn far away from dock, is already fixed by itself because there are now always kerbals aboard of working dock?

Edited by Mystique

Mystique: Correct: your orbital dock should function without issue with 1-star engineers.

As for that bug: that makes no sense as I am pretty sure that VAB crew assignment is not stored in the craft file. I suspect something else is going on, probably some other mod throwing an exception during vessel spawn and preventing EL from capturing the vessel. Please reproduce the problem and get me the log file.

I have a survey station question here.

I have a just installed Extraplanetary launchpads 5.0.0 and the Karbonite EPL conversion.

When i start my game, some new parts are available, such as the smelters and the MKS and OKS styled rocket factories. But a lot of the parts are missing (Drills, the actual launch pads in "command", some tanks it seems and the SURVEY STATION).

The survey stakes are available.

I did a quick grep though the GameData folder and the only mention i found of

name = ExSurveyStation

was in the files

SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads\EL_MM.cfg

and

SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\Kolonization\EL_CONFIG.cfg

I can live with the other parts missing, i'm quite fond of MKS and OKS, but where is the Survey station?

I have a survey station question here.

I have a just installed Extraplanetary launchpads 5.0.0 and the Karbonite EPL conversion.

When i start my game, some new parts are available, such as the smelters and the MKS and OKS styled rocket factories. But a lot of the parts are missing (Drills, the actual launch pads in "command", some tanks it seems and the SURVEY STATION).

The survey stakes are available.

I did a quick grep though the GameData folder and the only mention i found of

name = ExSurveyStation

was in the files

SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads\EL_MM.cfg

and

SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\Kolonization\EL_CONFIG.cfg

I can live with the other parts missing, i'm quite fond of MKS and OKS, but where is the Survey station?

In MKS\OKS, its in the MKS C3 module.

With the move to mandatory progressive mode, we seem to have lost the ability to make robotic space factories, since only kerbals provide productivity (the workshops just act as multipliers). While this move will no doubt slow down the impending robot apocalypse by preventing machines from making more machines themselves, that's only delaying the inevitable. Could you possibly create a way to add & set the productivity of probe cores, to allow our robotic companions to once again contribute to the conquest of space? Thanks. :)

NihilRex In MKS\OKS, its in the MKS C3 module.

This is the cfg file for the C3 module in my MKS/OKS install.

There doesn't seem to be any such module.

PART

{

name = MKS_ColonyHub

module = Part

author = RoverDude

MODEL

{

model = UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/Assets/GenericModule

}

rescaleFactor = 1

scale = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, -0.7, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0,3

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 2.032, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,2

TechRequired = advConstruction

entryCost = 8000

cost = 35000

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = Colony Control Center (C3)

manufacturer = Umbra Space Industries

description = Using the latest paper punch card technology, the Colony Control Center (C3) allows you to operate and coordinate the various components of the Modular Kolonization System.

attachRules =1,0,1,1,0

mass = 3.75

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.25

minimum_drag = 0.25

angularDrag = .5

crashTolerance = 45

breakingForce = 280

breakingTorque = 280

maxTemp = 1700

INTERNAL

{

name = landerCabinInternals

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleLight

lightName = Lamp05

useAnimationDim = true

lightBrightenSpeed = 1

lightDimSpeed = 1

resourceAmount = 0.01

animationName = Lights

useResources = true

}

CrewCapacity = 2

vesselType = Base

MODULE

{

name = ModuleCommand

minimumCrew = 0

RESOURCE

{

name=ElectricCharge

rate = 0.02777778

}

}

MODULE

{

name = USI_ModuleFieldRepair

}

MODULE

{

name = KolonyConverter

ConverterName = Command

StartActionName = Start Command

StopActionName = Stop Command

RecipeInputs = ElectricCharge, 3,SpareParts,0.000000425

RecipeOutputs = PunchCards, 0.02125, False,Recyclables,0.000000425,true

RequiredResources =

}

RESOURCE

{

name = PunchCards

amount = 500

maxAmount = 500

isTweakable = True

}

RESOURCE

{

name = SpareParts

amount = 5

maxAmount = 5

isTweakable = True

}

RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

amount = 10000

maxAmount = 10000

isTweakable = false

}

MODULE

{

name = MKSModule

workSpace = 1

livingSpace = 0

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace

passable = true

impassablenodes = bottom

}

MODULE

{

name = ExWorkshop

ProductivityFactor = 1

}

MODULE

{

name = FSanimateGeneric

animationName = FloodLights

startEventGUIName = FloodLights On

endEventGUIName = FloodLights Off

availableInEVA = True

availableInVessel = True

EVArange = 5

layer=4

moduleID=1

playAnimationOnEditorSpawn = False

}

MODULE

{

name = FlagDecal

textureQuadName = FLAG

}

}

You must have an old version.

MKS_ColonyHub.cfg

PART{
name = MKS_ColonyHub
module = Part
author = RoverDude
MODEL
{
model = UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/Assets/GenericModule
}
rescaleFactor = 1
scale = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, -0.7, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0,3
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 2.032, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,2
TechRequired = advConstruction
entryCost = 8000
cost = 35000
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = Colony Control Center (C3)
manufacturer = Umbra Space Industries
description = Using the latest paper punch card technology, the Colony Control Center (C3) allows you to operate and coordinate the various components of the Modular Kolonization System.
attachRules =1,0,1,1,0
mass = 3.75
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.25
minimum_drag = 0.25
angularDrag = .5
crashTolerance = 45
breakingForce = 280
breakingTorque = 280
maxTemp = 1700
INTERNAL
{
name = landerCabinInternals
}
MODULE
{
name = ExSurveyStation
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleLight
lightName = Lamp05
useAnimationDim = true
lightBrightenSpeed = 1
lightDimSpeed = 1
resourceAmount = 0.01
animationName = Lights
useResources = true
}
CrewCapacity = 2
vesselType = Base
MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 0
RESOURCE
{
name=ElectricCharge
rate = 0.02777778
}
}
MODULE
{
name = USI_ModuleFieldRepair
}
MODULE
{
name = KolonyConverter
ConverterName = Command
StartActionName = Start Command
StopActionName = Stop Command
RecipeInputs = ElectricCharge, 3,SpareParts,0.000000425
RecipeOutputs = PunchCards, 0.02125, False,Recyclables,0.000000425,true
RequiredResources =
}
RESOURCE
{
name = PunchCards
amount = 500
maxAmount = 500
isTweakable = True
}
RESOURCE
{
name = SpareParts
amount = 5
maxAmount = 5
isTweakable = True
}
RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 10000
maxAmount = 10000
isTweakable = false
}
MODULE
{
name = MKSModule
workSpace = 1
livingSpace = 0
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
passable = true
impassablenodes = bottom
}
MODULE
{
name = ExWorkshop
ProductivityFactor = 1
}
MODULE
{
name = FSanimateGeneric
animationName = FloodLights
startEventGUIName = FloodLights On
endEventGUIName = FloodLights Off
availableInEVA = True
availableInVessel = True
EVArange = 5
layer=4
moduleID=1
playAnimationOnEditorSpawn = False
}
MODULE
{
name = FlagDecal
textureQuadName = FLAG
}
}

Look just below the INTERNAL tag

I have a problem after undocking a vessel that was docked to orbital dock station using stock clampotrons - after I click undock, I can't switch to that vessel with [] keys and can't switch to any other vessel using alarm clock links. If I go back to KSC and switch to undocked vessel, it gets blown up in seconds from exceeding g-force.

Part of ksp.log related to this incident: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15gUIZaFd35PxtTZKLijlBzEULWQ3PaLiMRjSRxF9bdI/edit?usp=sharing

On one switch from KSC to station both vessel and dock were thrown away with great torque applied as after collision. I finally managed to get out of this situation by switching control to vessel that getting undocked first and then clicking undock, so I immediately RCS'd it away from station and now it all seems to be working. Very strange bug anyway.

So, how it all started:

1. Put massive (up to 300 ton, but part count isn't sky-high - I used almost all huge parts, so even framerate doesn't suffer) station in orbit containing Extraplanetary Launchpad orbital dock part and EL's huge tanks for rocket parts. There is also Davon supply mod hub, but it never caused any problems before.

screenshot21.jpg

2. Station has docked in one of the ports a orbital tug, small enough thing.

3. Launched crew transfer vessel (almost all stock from mk2 parts) and docked it to clampotron on opposite site from that tug. All operations were done carefully, no collisions and stuff, so no rotation and wobbling to station.

4. Moved part of crew from transfer vessel to container in station, tried to build some stuff with EL dock, realized that crew has no experience and building doesn't progress, canceled it and moved crew back to transfer vessel.

5. Clicked undock in transfer vessel's docking port menu.

6. Pressed [ / ] keys to switch to transfer vessel, nothing happened. Switching to other vessels via Alarm clock or map also produced no effect (moreover, no switching menu popped up on map at this point when clicking on vessels).

7. Gone back to KSC->tracking station, selected separated transfer vessel, clicked "fly it".

8. Shortly after scene loaded, transfer vessel was gone (in one occasion only 1 cockpit part was floating near station), , in few secs I saw an explosion and in flight log there was stated that all transfer vessel's parts exceeded g-force tolerance.

8a. In one occassion after scene was loaded, transfer vessel was floating away from station and like 20-30 m/s while also rapidly rotating, SAS helped, then I noticed that station also had quite a rotation, even though at moment of undocking it was totally still despite SAS was off.

8b. In one occassion, after scene was loaded, I found out that vessel is still docked to station. Trying to undock led to points 6-8.

0.90 NEAR A Simpler Aerodynamics Model v1.3.1

0.90 DockingPortAlignment_4.0

0.90 Chatterer-0.8.0

0.90 Active Texture Management 4.3.0 basic

0.90 ProcFairings_3.11

0.90 RCSBuildAid_v0.5.3

0.90 ShipManifest 0.90.3.3.3

0.90 KAS – Kerbal Attachment System 0.4.10

0.90 Toolbar-1.7.8

0.90 ScienceAlert-1.8.4

0.90 Davon supply mod v011

0.90 DMagic_Orbital_Science_V0.9.1

0.90 Engineer-Redux-v1.0.14.1

0.90 EditorExtensions_v2.5

0.90 DeadlyReentry v6.4.0

0.90 RealChute_Parachute_Systems-v1.2.6.3

0.90 Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules 0.1.7b

0.90 Trajectories-v1.1.2

0.90 MechJeb2-2.4.2-386 + NEAR module!

0.90 Stock-Revamp 1.6 CLOSE ALL SOLAR PANELS

0.90 StageRecovery_1.5.3

0.90 ModuleManager.2.5.8

0.90 Extraplanetary Launchpads v5.0 + recycle to RocketParts

0.90 NearFutureTech 0.4.0 construction+solar+prop

0.25 KW Rocketry v2.6d2

0.90 ProceduralParts.1.0 +textures

0.90 TextureReplacer-2.1.2 & Endraxials Planets and Moons For TR 2014 v2.0 lite & visor

0.90 KerbalAlarmClock_3.2.2

0.90 Action Groups Extended 1.29d

0.90 Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.1

Edited by Mystique

Hey, I just released a modpak for my DMP server, set to science mode, and I just discovered that most of the EL parts simply aren't available! Also, when I attempted to build with the OKS style Orbital Shipyard, the piece I was building appeared at only 1% into the build and was at a 90 degree angle from where it needed to be, and was completely and utterly glitched. =(

Finally worked out that 1 Kerbal must be an engineer for a workshop to have any productivity.

Scientists and Pilots add to productivity but ONLY after you have at least 1 engineer else vessel productivity=0

Did I miss this fact in the instructions ?

how do you make it so you require nothing to make ships and you make them instantly
The removal of free and instant construction modes is the reason for the jump to 5.0.0: it may make some people's saves unworkable. It won't break the saves outright as most vessels will have some form of workshop (command pods, hitchhiker can, science lab), and either flying out a workshop or building one on site will take care of build rates.

I believe you would have to run a prior version. 4.5.0 was recompiled for KSP 0.90 ... but I run 5.x personally so honestly couldn't tell you from experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I just released a modpak for my DMP server, set to science mode, and I just discovered that most of the EL parts simply aren't available! Also, when I attempted to build with the OKS style Orbital Shipyard, the piece I was building appeared at only 1% into the build and was at a 90 degree angle from where it needed to be, and was completely and utterly glitched. =(

This *could* be caused by MKS/OKS hiding the parts in the list since it replaces the production chain with its' own. You can delete / rename the extension on the EL_CONFIG.cfg in the Kolonization folder to get them to show up again.

~M~

This *could* be caused by MKS/OKS hiding the parts in the list since it replaces the production chain with its' own. You can delete / rename the extension on the EL_CONFIG.cfg in the Kolonization folder to get them to show up again. ~M~
Thank you dude. No idea why the devs from mks would do that though :/ Interfering with other mods. Not cool

Azazael: Actually, for scientists and pilots to be of any use, the engineer must have 5 stars. However, a level 3+ scientist or pilot will never drag down productivity. Though I just realized this might cause problems for non-career games (oops).

Masterofworlds22: You do not (without going back to 4.5.0): the relevant code has been outright removed, not just disabled. To find 4.5.0, take the current download URL and edit it such that the version number matches.

For all concerned: the removal of the instant builds and resource-free builds was for two reasons, one being removal of code I never test (I always test (and play) with timed, resource-using builds. The second, and really more important (though ease of maintenance most definitely is important), reason is game-play.

With free-insta-builds, all EL does is put KSC wherever you want it so long as you can get there. However, the getting there is already part of KSP and thus such an EL does not add anything to the game. You might as well just use hyperedit: load times will be faster and memory usage lower.

Free-timed-builds... self defeating. Timed builds were added to allow bases to build large craft without having to have insane storage. Such an EL would only add the grind of managing kerbal productivity with no actual gain. I simply cannot imagine this being fun. Again, you're better off with hyperedit since this is worse than free-insta-builds.

Resource-using-insta-builds: this is actually mostly ok, and is how EL was prior to version 4. The main usage problem is storage of RocketParts leading to excessive part counts. The big game-play problem is kerbals have no use (don't bother mentioning KAS: I've heard of setups using tethered RCS tugs and docking ports to do unmanned operations).

Resource-using-timed-builds: how EL is now, unconditionally. If you are using an ISRU mod (Kethane, Karbonite, etc), then the old mantra of "Location, location, location!" becomes an important factor: overlapping Ore and Kethane deposits are the holy grail, though often you have to settle for deposits close enough to each other. If you are not using an ISRU mod, then you have to somehow get RocketParts from Kerbin to your base. Or even if you are using an ISRU mod, shipping stuff from Kerbin to your "base" until your base is self-sufficient (this is how I play, I'll go into details later).

Timed builds have probably the biggest impact on EL gameplay. Kerbals, specifically engineers as of 5.0.0, are now critical resources. Time, too, is now a critical resource (will my ship be built in time for the Jool window? Hmm, 75h build, window is 5 days away, better get more engineers and better facilities... 3h build). Now a tiny 1u tank is sufficient so long as you can keep the RocketParts flowing. Background builds bring the storage requirements back up since converters do not work in the background, which then becomes a balancing game between storage requirements and visiting your base occasionally during a long build.

While ship building is an important part of EL, that is not EL's main focus (if it was, you'd be better served by hyperedit). EL's main focus is actually on putting the U into ISRU (ie, actually using resources). Note that not all resources show up in the resource bar: time, kerbals and facilites are all resources.

ISRU = in-situ resource utilization (iirc).

How I like to play...

I fly up a tiny station core with rudimentary workshop facilities (hitchhiker can), an orbital dock, and some RocketParts storage, and start building station facilities at the station. I fly up RocketParts and fuel as necessary. This save I had to fly up a full workshop to meet a launch window, but usually I build one. Then I build a mining ship and send it to Minmus and use that to supply my resource needs. This is where I am now in my current save. I have also sent a mining base to Mun (launched from Kerbin because my station was busy and also because I needed to send more kerbals), but it has been plagued by problems (forgot to load RocketFuel, forgot to load an experienced Engineer, it fell over on landing...). I also have expeditions bound for Eve and Duna, both built by my station.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you dude. No idea why the devs from mks would do that though :/ Interfering with other mods. Not cool

Actually, RoverDude did it with my endorsement (I modified EL such that he could do that).

ISRU = in-situ resource utilization (iirc).

How I like to play...

I fly up a tiny station core with rudimentary workshop facilities (hitchhiker can), an orbital dock, and some RocketParts storage, and start building station facilities at the station. I fly up RocketParts and fuel as necessary. This save I had to fly up a full workshop to meet a launch window, but usually I build one. Then I build a mining ship and send it to Minmus and use that to supply my resource needs. This is where I am now in my current save. I have also sent a mining base to Mun (launched from Kerbin because my station was busy and also because I needed to send more kerbals), but it has been plagued by problems (forgot to load RocketFuel, forgot to load an experienced Engineer, it fell over on landing...). I also have expeditions bound for Eve and Duna, both built by my station.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, RoverDude did it with my endorsement (I modified EL such that he could do that).

Thats exactly how i had things planned out on my current .90 career playthrough. (once i unlock the relevant tech nodes)

Question: I havent tested it it yet (as i have not got that far in the tech tree). Do ships built via EL count as new ships toward contracts?