[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Good thinking to give us a total productivity indicator on the launchpad UI.  Now, if a build fails to progress despite having sufficient resources, we can check the leading cause without even leaving the launchpad UI, and it will even warn us if productivity is zero before starting a build.

I had been in a hiatus for a while due to needing KJR to update for my Laythe Landing mission to go forward on its most recent iteration, but now I have back up and running, and I've even managed to land on Laythe and get the vessel back up to a parking orbit, making mission success almost certain, as I can send a tanker from Pol to refuel the craft if necessary (it still has 4 boosters attached, so should have enough tank capacity to get the crew home to Kerbin and slow down on arrival to avoid burning up).

Hey guys, I'm having an issue where I built a craft at a survey stake.  I then put another survey stake somewhere else.  The problem is, it won't give me an option in the UI to select that stake, and the list of ships is grayed out.  Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?  Thanks.

Edited by MerlinsMaster

15 minutes ago, MerlinsMaster said:

Hey guys, I'm having an issue where I built a craft at a survey stake.  I then put another survey stake somewhere else.  The problem is, it won't give me an option in the UI to select that stake, and the list of ships is grayed out.  Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?  Thanks.

Do the stakes have different names?  (By default they don't.)  If no, EL is averaging them into one launch area.

And if it's further away than you were before (and you don't have the appropriate level pilot in your survey station) then it may be out of range.

11 hours ago, DStaal said:

Do the stakes have different names? 

No, I didn't realize I needed to rename the stakes.  That solved my problem.  And the ship menu only looked like it was grayed out because it was behind the EPL menu.  Thanks.

With KJR having taken so long to update, I had forgotten about the scrap metal storage issue until today, when I was decoupling a module from my EL-supported base on Pol and remembered all the junk I have piled up in the area.  Remembering that a new patch had come out in the interim, I double-checked in the VAB and that issue has persisted into 5.8.2.

I may end up colonizing the entire Kerbol system before this gets fixed: I now have colonies on every major celestial object in the Kerbol system that can be landed on except Eeloo (and of course, Kerbin itself), and have a launchpad at all of those colonies except Tylo, Vall, and Laythe.

Edit: Now, I am having a problem at my base on Pol.  As I attempt to launch a rover mission to Laythe, one of those workshop modules that has been disconnected from my base somehow gets launched kilometers skyward.  I wonder if this is because I have accrued too much junk near my base.

Edit #2: Turns out one of the pieces of junk that had accrued near my base had picked up a bug before I even released my newest vessel and was floating about 3 kilometers above my base.  An attempt to fix it with an SFS-edit somehow failed, so that left me with only one option: "range safety" it.

Edited by cgwhite4
update

Could someone help me out, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug.

I built a station with an orbital shipyard around Kerbin, and stocked it with Rocketparts, Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer, and a workshop with 3 non stupid Engineers (I have productivity of 11).

And everything goes okay, I select a small test build which costs 90 parts and is built in 5 minutes, I click finalize build and it appears, but then before I click release, regardless of where I move the fuel slider, the craft won't get any fuel. It stays empty. However the fuel from the storage is spent, it's no longer there.

I could go around this by docking the craft manually and fueling, but it's a bit of a bother. Any help?

Edit: If anyone has a similar problem, I've currently circumvented it by disabling fuel crossfeed rules in the options and setting the sliders to 0, so I just refuel the craft manually while it's still attached to the shipyard.

Edited by Unfawkable

7 hours ago, Unfawkable said:

"Snip"

I click finalize build and it appears, but then before I click release, regardless of where I move the fuel slider, the craft won't get any fuel. It stays empty. However the fuel from the storage is spent, it's no longer there.

"Snip"

If you have "Interstellar Fuel Switch" installed, try uninstalling it. I had the same issue several versions ago (1.1.3) and "IFS" was causing it.

7 hours ago, Unfawkable said:

Ive been having a problem getting stakes to register on the survey station.  It is hit or miss if I will be able to use a stake after placing it.  Sometimes I spend over a half an hour moving the stake around trying to get it to show up.  Do the stakes need to be super close to the survey station but some minimum distance from other objects?  I have had the most success when I place the stake so close to the survey station that when the ship spawns it is touching the base (which of course occasionally causes explosions and reloads).  I am using a mallet and attaching it to the ground (not simply dropping it).  I have also tried renaming the stake with inconsistent results.

1 hour ago, Uberns said:

Ive been having a problem getting stakes to register on the survey station.  It is hit or miss if I will be able to use a stake after placing it.  Sometimes I spend over a half an hour moving the stake around trying to get it to show up.  Do the stakes need to be super close to the survey station but some minimum distance from other objects?  I have had the most success when I place the stake so close to the survey station that when the ship spawns it is touching the base (which of course occasionally causes explosions and reloads).  I am using a mallet and attaching it to the ground (not simply dropping it).  I have also tried renaming the stake with inconsistent results.

What level of pilot do you have manning the survey station?  The higher the level of pilot manning it, the further away they can build.

I'm having a weird problem with this mod. My mods list is... long. But I'll summarize. Some of the parts aren't loading. Specifically, all the hex cans. It seemed at first like my game has decided to ignore any part with a cfg file not named part.cfg, but i tried making folders manually and renaming the cfg files inside them and no dice :( any advice?

2 minutes ago, monstah said:

Not loading, or not appearing on the parts list?

Perhaps another mod is putting it on a hidden category?

wait your a mod and think a post this short with zero details is of any use?  Sure it could be another mod hiding the parts. Modlist?  Pic of gamedata?  Logs?  Anything?

7 hours ago, DStaal said:

What level of pilot do you have manning the survey station?  The higher the level of pilot manning it, the further away they can build.

That appears to have fixed it.  I had no pilot inside.  After adding Valentina, it worked immediately.  Thanks mate!!

17 minutes ago, PtothaG said:

where do i find the version for ksp 1.2.1??

You can look up the dates that KSP 1.2.1 was current in the WIki's Version History and you'll see that was 2016 Nov 1 to Dec 5.  Knowing that, like with most mods, the next steps can be discovered by carefully reading the 1st post.

In the 1st post of this topic there are links to the release posts for each version of ELP.  Then you can find which was the last version of ELP released in the KSP 1.2.1 period.  Then knowing that version, as @taniwha mentions right below his download link to the latest version:

To download an older version, edit the url for the current release such that the version number matches the desired release.

And as I just tested, it works!

Just to save you that extra effort, the last version of ELP for KSP 1.2.1 was 5.5.4 and its install .zip is here:

http://taniwha.org/~bill/Extraplanetary_Launchpads_v5.5.4.zip

New EL user and relatively new to KSP. Very cool mod and appreciate the efforts to build something this complex that adds this much to gameplay.

I've built a Pathfinder base and have mining going and rocketparts on hand and a reactor generating oodles of power. I landed the pad a short distance away from the base, but it does not seem to be able to access the resources stored in the Pathfinder base. Is it because it's too far away? If so, how much closer does it need to be? And does anyone know of a sane way to move a launchpad that's already landed?

cmrAN8hl.png

45 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

New EL user and relatively new to KSP. Very cool mod and appreciate the efforts to build something this complex that adds this much to gameplay.

I've built a Pathfinder base and have mining going and rocketparts on hand and a reactor generating oodles of power. I landed the pad a short distance away from the base, but it does not seem to be able to access the resources stored in the Pathfinder base. Is it because it's too far away? If so, how much closer does it need to be? And does anyone know of a sane way to move a launchpad that's already landed?

cmrAN8hl.png

I imagine you need them physically connected to access the rocketparts.  Even when I used EL with MKS, which has wireless resources logistics the EL parts had to have a physical connection to work.

You could try a series of KAS pipes.  You can link KAS pipes to a KIS ground pylon and daisy chain them.  Or build a tank rover and fill it up at the base and drive them over.

19 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

I imagine you need them physically connected to access the rocketparts.  Even when I used EL with MKS, which has wireless resources logistics the EL parts had to have a physical connection to work.

You could try a series of KAS pipes.  You can link KAS pipes to a KIS ground pylon and daisy chain them.  Or build a tank rover and fill it up at the base and drive them over.

Ok, Pathfinder has this distribution network not requiring physical connection that seems to work for all KAS/KIS parts and I thought that was integrated into EL and the pad would have the same access. Ok, I will run some pipes over to the launchpad. Thanks for the quick answer.

On 8/28/2017 at 10:43 PM, Unfawkable said:

Can I have a bit of help here, I can't find any pointers on how to use any of the ore scanners, like the BG-OMD2 for example. What are the differences between all of them, is there any documentation on it?

Those scanners require Kethane and use only its resource system. If you do not wish to use Kethane, then use the stock scanner and switch the display to show MetalOre. As of yet, there is no documentation for them, sorry (docs are very much a work in progress)

On 8/27/2017 at 6:37 AM, vossiewulf said:

Ok, Pathfinder has this distribution network not requiring physical connection that seems to work for all KAS/KIS parts and I thought that was integrated into EL and the pad would have the same access. Ok, I will run some pipes over to the launchpad. Thanks for the quick answer.

Sorry, but due to resource flow issues of old (ie, KSP 0.21 era) EL uses its own resource management system (to deal with resource flow rules) and I haven't gotten around to seeing how the new system works. Thus why EL still needs to be connected even when MKS is used.

Sorry for the lack of communication, but I have once again been on the road (wing?). This time I'm in Seattle after four days in the Canadian Rockies (for those who don't know yet, I live in Japan), so much happier travel reasons than last time. This is my first quiet evening as my family went back to Japan today (kids and school and all), but things will still be hectic due to PAX.

Edited by taniwha