[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

On 21/12/2016 at 3:00 PM, sonic246246 said:

I have success before, while play in V 1.2.2, it just show 0s and suddenly show finish while i press build button, how to solve it??

I have the very same problem. Actually is from KSP 1.1.3 that this issue is unresolved (for me). Anyway I use MKS to build rockets so I don't know if it is an issue of EPL itself or it is due to the interplay between EPL and MKS.

so.. not sure if this is an EPL issue or an EPL+MKS issue.. in VAB I have a mining craft, which the Build Resources Window says will take 44k units of MaterialKits.  When I go drive the survey stake and go to actually build it, the build window says I need *56k* materialkits... why the discrepancy?  I don't recall this being an issue in previous versions (in which I also used both EPL and MKS together).

On 22 декабря 2016 г. at 5:29 AM, Jarin said:

Out of curiousity, what do you use KAS for?

A long time ago... I used it to replace engines on the fly - mainsail is good for takeoff but not for transfer. Now I'm docking my ground base modules with KAS. It took almost half a year to build a single piece variant of my base (about 2600t total wet mass) with weak lander. Therefore, I'm growing necessary modules one by one and finishing in 60 days maximum.

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Do you have some tweakscaled or otherwise procedural parts on the mining craft?

the only tweakscaled parts are a reactor and electric generator, but they're tweakscaled *down* from the default size.

5 hours ago, ss8913 said:

so.. not sure if this is an EPL issue or an EPL+MKS issue.. in VAB I have a mining craft, which the Build Resources Window says will take 44k units of MaterialKits.  When I go drive the survey stake and go to actually build it, the build window says I need *56k* materialkits... why the discrepancy?  I don't recall this being an issue in previous versions (in which I also used both EPL and MKS together).

Are any of the MKS parts inflatable parts?  Especially if they are built inflated?  Current MKS inflatable parts need MaterialKits to inflate, and EL could be accounting for that.

1 hour ago, ss8913 said:

the only tweakscaled parts are a reactor and electric generator, but they're tweakscaled *down* from the default size.

This is what I suspected. And being scaled down makes sense for what you are seeing: Tweakscale has not scaled down the parts before EL checks their masses when building (but has when doing the checks in the editor). The main problem is that tweakscale does its rescaling in Update() rather than Start() (or did when I looked at it a couple of years ago).

1 hour ago, Startlingzeus9 said:

this thread is kind of old but...

I cant find the workshop in my VAB/SHP? I checked the cfg file and have tried everything I know but it doesn't appear. it also doesn't appear in the R&D center under the research node.

will I need to copy any files to show anyone? please help!

Just a shot in the dark here, but do you have MKS by RoverDude installed? It hides EL parts because it uses its own parts instead.

Houston, we have a problem. Construction takes much more time if I do not look at it. I started to build a new shiny orbital station with ETA 16d and switched to situation in other SoI (Mun -> Minmus). 16 days later (thanks to KAC alarm) I go back and see 45% completion. I'm sure my engineers did not have beer but... why? What is wrong here? I will miss my transfer window if it continues.

ElecticCharge never drops below 90%, rocket parts production is enabled and always 1600pcs in the internal Workshop storage and everything is fine while I am at the station.

1 hour ago, Siama said:

Houston, we have a problem. Construction takes much more time if I do not look at it. I started to build a new shiny orbital station with ETA 16d and switched to situation in other SoI (Mun -> Minmus). 16 days later (thanks to KAC alarm) I go back and see 45% completion. I'm sure my engineers did not have beer but... why? What is wrong here? I will miss my transfer window if it continues.

EL does not handle background production very well, it seems that production max's out based on the level of the next lowest level of resource. i.e Item production depends on the volume of RP avail when EL goes out of (or possibly comes into) focus. RP production seems to be determined by the amount of metal on hand, and so on. This is only based on my observations not on any hard data

Suggestion: If possible add more RP storage and fill it, see if that improves the construction rate

Edited by Agnemon
Added suggestion

There have indeed been problems with background resource production in the past. I guess I didn't succeed in fixing them I suspect a problem with processing order: one or more of the build grabbing RocketParts before they're produced, the workshop grabbing Metal before it's produced, or the smelter grabbing MetalOre before it's produced. And then there's electrical supply.

@Siama: My recommendation is to visit your base a little more frequently. Unfortunately, there aren't many suitable tools (though the alternate resource panel's time option might help), but if you return to your base before the earliest resource to run out does so (assuming no production of that resource). 1600u of RocketParts is only 4t, or 20h with a vessel productivity of 1.

TBH, this is why I was hesitant to add background processing to EL without coming up with a robust solution. I guess I need to put some effort into coming up with that robust solution.

30 minutes ago, taniwha said:

return to your base before the earliest resource to run out does so (assuming no production of that resource). 1600u of RocketParts is only 4t, or 20h with a vessel productivity of 1.

Thanks) At last, meaning of the existence those (RP) containers is clear. Metal containers is best for storage, RP - required for background production and what for MetalOre containers? Is it just mining buffer?

2 hours ago, Agnemon said:

Suggestion: If possible add more RP storage and fill it, see if that improves the construction rate

Yes, I have a lot of RP storage on my ground base ( generally, by mistake) ) and background construction works as expected.

9 minutes ago, Agustin said:

Does Kerbal Planetary base System break in any form this mod?

Nope.  KPBS doesn't do anything either way with this mod.  It doesn't break, and it doesn't have anything to support EL, meaning it has no workshops, storage, or launchpads that fit the KPBS profile.  (There are plans to change the latter, but mostly it's just plans at this point.)

Quick question, is a negative value possible to appear or is this a bug? This seems to keep appearing if I specifically leave Bill alone without an other engineers. If this is a bug, I'll try to post my latest KSP.log. (This kept occurring for every command module when I had the alternate resource config' mod)

YoBpGJq.png?1

Edited by Parpaza
More information.