[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

6 hours ago, TheReapingracoon said:

do I need KIS for 1.11 or will this mod use the built in system that came with the ksp update? Because I know that this was not updated for 1.11

Probably depends on what you are trying to do. I'm successfully using EL with KSP 1.11.1 and without KIS. But that's not because EL now uses the stock system for KIS-like functionality (I'm moderately sure it doesn't). You only need KIS for things like survey stakes. If you aren't using survey stakes, you have never really needed KIS, contrary to what CKAN used to say (subsequently fixed). I'm just using the disposable micro-pad (great for expanding a base) and the K&K launchpad from Planetary Surface Structures for when I want to build a rover or ship. (EL's launch pad 2 also works, but I've found the K&K one handier to work with my bases).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bug where miniAVC says the mod is outdated, but when KSP fully boots up i cant close it, and i've deleted ALL miniAVC files so idk how its even showing up

i'll get a log soon, but KSP is being funky and doesnt want to turn into a full window

2 hours ago, Souptime said:

I have a bug where miniAVC says the mod is outdated, but when KSP fully boots up i cant close it, and i've deleted ALL miniAVC files so idk how its even showing up

i'll get a log soon, but KSP is being funky and doesnt want to turn into a full window

Not sure how this will be an EL fix, given that there are no files in the mod even referencing miniAVC?

15 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Not sure how this will be an EL fix, given that there are no files in the mod even referencing miniAVC?

Yeah, there arent any files for miniavc in my install but a window for EL pops up with miniAVC, and i have other outdated mods but miniAVC pops up only for EL so im REALLY confused here

Is there any thread for miniAVC so i can maybe get help there too?

10 hours ago, Souptime said:

Yeah, there arent any files for miniavc in my install but a window for EL pops up with miniAVC, and i have other outdated mods but miniAVC pops up only for EL so im REALLY confused here

I'd probably look here

11 hours ago, Souptime said:

Install the ZeroMiniAVC mod to be sure you don't have any remaining MiniAVC.dll files:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1614/ZeroMiniAVC

On 3/20/2021 at 1:16 PM, Souptime said:

AY

AYO

IT DIDNT WORK

HOW

HUH

WHAT

One of the most useless posts I've ever seen.

On 3/20/2021 at 9:21 PM, goldenpsp said:

Yea that's useful.  And why not take it to the actual zerominiavc thread, where people who use it might help?

He did.  It's NOT MiniAVC, he is wrong about that.  I already posted this in the other thread, he didn't bother to tell you the issue.

Here are the errors from the log file:

[LOG 04:23:28.951] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'CompatibilityChecker' from assembly 'Launchpad'

[LOG 04:23:29.619] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'CompatibilityChecker' from assembly 'Kopernicus'

[LOG 04:23:30.069] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'CompatibilityChecker' from assembly 'ProceduralParts'

[WRN 04:25:26.850] [CompatibilityChecker] Incompatible mods detected: Launchpad
[LOG 04:23:28.951] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'CompatibilityChecker' from assembly 'Launchpad'

[LOG 04:23:29.619] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'CompatibilityChecker' from assembly 'Kopernicus'

[LOG 04:23:30.069] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'CompatibilityChecker' from assembly 'ProceduralParts'

The error is coming from the CompatibilityChecker which is built in to Launchpad as well as those other mods.  

I see he also didn't bother to provide a log file here.  He did post it in my thread, you can see it here, along with the video:

6 minutes ago, Souptime said:

i did. no need to be rude about it

If you did read it, it wasn't obvious.  You didn't respond to it, you didn't follow the advice I gave you.

I spent valuable time looking at your video and the log file and writing that post. Then I came here and wrote what you should have written.

No thank you from you, no apology from you to the people on this thread who tried to help you.  If anyone is being rude, it's  you.

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you did read it, it wasn't obvious.  You didn't respond to it, you didn't follow the advice I gave you.

I spent valuable time looking at your video and the log file and writing that post. Then I came here and wrote what you should have written.

No thank you from you, no apology from you to the people on this thread who tried to help you.  If anyone is being rude, it's  you.

Look, i dont wanna argue here and get a bunch of warning points. but after i read the first post i went to bed. asleep. i never saw the second one

Heres the first post:

On 3/21/2021 at 10:08 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Your log shows that you don't have any MiniAVC dlls there.

Why do you assume it's a MiniAVC error?

From the log file:

Looks like you have an old version of LaunchPad installed (probably EPL).

And thats it, no advice or even a fix. just a statement about an old version of EL

I have the latest version downloaded and the reason i identified it as miniAVC is because it looks exactly like the miniAVC window

I just made a post about the game breaking glitch, saw your reply and headed off to sleep and completely forgot about it. i cant even find any files related to the compatibility checker in EL

Im just a dude trying to find out how to fix something in a game with 150+ mods and that takes 2 hours to load. a bunch of IRL stuff is happening too so i dont really have lots of time to make an entire post thanking you. i like the post though if thats anything.

like i said, no need to be rude about it.

3 minutes ago, Souptime said:

And thats it, no advice or even a fix. just a statement about an old version of EL

Right.  And that's not my mod, what do you want me to do about it?

4 minutes ago, Souptime said:

I have the latest version downloaded and the reason i identified it as miniAVC is because it looks exactly like the miniAVC window

It actually doesn't, but I understand your confusion.  MiniAVC does look a bit like the Compatibility Checker, probably because the CompatiblityChecker was made long before AVC or MiniAVC was available.

MiniAVC and the full AVC both have their names in the title bar, what you posted merely says CompatilityChecker.

Regardless, as you said, no need for a shouting match.  Let's just assume it's a misunderstanding and move on.

Speaking of, can any of the people who are familiar with EPL give a hand here?  I don't know if he has the wrong version of EPL or if something else is wrong.  But I'm not the one to help here.

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Speaking of, can any of the people who are familiar with EPL give a hand here?  I don't know if he has the wrong version of EPL or if something else is wrong.  But I'm not the one to help here.

Possibly. However at least in this thread there isn't much to go on such as ksp version el version...

2 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Possibly. However at least in this thread there isn't much to go on such as ksp version el version...

Logs were on the linked post above, I've  listed them here

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EdiTmml6Oyys_Q4J2vXD5ldHubVU1ktp/view?usp=sharing

Video: https://imgur.com/a/ZP3GNw1

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Looks like they're both from 2014.

https://gist.github.com/Majiir/60b981d021485d37d44d

CompatiblityChecker predates that by quite a bit, that is simply when @Majiir put it on github, but he didnt write it.  I found s reference to I. From July, 2014, and a comment by him at that time wondering who wrote it

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

From July, 2014, and a comment by him at that time wondering who wrote it

I'd be interested to see that link. Here he is in January 2014 saying he's "built a proof-of-concept compatibility checker":

(... which means that "Looks like they're both from 2014" was still correct :sticktongue:)