[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

I have been unable to build anything in one of my saves, however in a test save I made it works fine, I was wondering if you know how to fix this, thanks. If you need to know what other mods I have installed or anything else let me know.

depends on whats going on, need more info really, a screen shot of the craft your using to build would be helpful, also if you right click the command pod of that craft and look at that menu, there should a stat called productivity. If its below 0 you wont be able to build anything. Also if your doing this Sandbox, science or career.

Productivity is determined by the Stupidity of the kerbal(the less they have the more productivity) and if i remember correctly their Star Level , (the more the better) So if you make sure you workshop is staffed by non-stupid, well stared engineers, you should be good to go.

Indeed, slapping any old kerbal into the workshops is the leading cause of not being able to build.

Note that no kerbal with 3 or more stars will ever have negative productivity (non-engineers will still have 0 productivity unless a 5-star engineer is present in the same part).

• Non-engineers:
    • 0-2 stars: stupidity, courage and badass matter, but only negatively (depending on courage and badass, stupidity > 0.5 leads to negative productivity). Probably pushing buttons that must not be pushed ("ooh, big red button, must push!")
    • 3+ stars: knows how to keep out of the way. If a 5-star engineer is present, can even contribute.

[*]Engineers:

• 0 stars: can work only in fully equipped workshops (for now, those with productivity >= 1.0)
    • 1 star: can work in any workshop.
    • 2 stars: always productive in fully equipped workshops. Stupidity etc still matter, but the contribution never drops to 0 or below.
    • 3 stars: always productive in any workshop.
    • 4 stars: allows 0-star engineers in the same part to be productive
    • 5 stars: allows non-engineers in the same part to be productive.

Note that the check is actually for the construction skill (ExperienceEffect) rather than engineer vs pilot vs scientist. Also, for "engineers", the higher levels include the effects of the lower levels.

smjjames: Ok, I have reproduced the problem and noticed something interesting: the number of exceptions is determined by the number of parts inside the container. Even more interesting: the root part was invalid. My original attempt to fix your bug was actually very close, just not thorough enough.

Anyway, I have pushed the fix and I'll do up a release soon.

I'm a little confused on scanning for metal ore... Is Kethane or something else required to find it? I can use the small scanner that has the 60km range but when I bring up the UI it shows me the ground and the concentrations of ore at any altitude. Can this not work with ScanSAT? Is there a "light" version of something I can install so I can see where the metal ore is on a planet without installing another full mod?

Also, there's a scanning device that's shaped like a can, the lid opens and this really long cable comes out with a flat dish that unfolds at the end of it. What is this for? It unfolds itself in the VAB and right-clicking does nothing. Even when I launch the ship, it unfolds, and right-clicking does nothing... Is this part broken or not used anymore?

Thanks!

XT

xtoro: Kethane is not required, though without it the OMD (the can with the cable) is useless. I believe the stock scanner will find MetalOre as spread around by the stock system (that was certainly the intention). The magnetometer then acts like that stock high-res scanner.

I'm a little confused on scanning for metal ore... Is Kethane or something else required to find it? I can use the small scanner that has the 60km range but when I bring up the UI it shows me the ground and the concentrations of ore at any altitude. Can this not work with ScanSAT? Is there a "light" version of something I can install so I can see where the metal ore is on a planet without installing another full mod?

Also, there's a scanning device that's shaped like a can, the lid opens and this really long cable comes out with a flat dish that unfolds at the end of it. What is this for? It unfolds itself in the VAB and right-clicking does nothing. Even when I launch the ship, it unfolds, and right-clicking does nothing... Is this part broken or not used anymore?

Thanks!

XT

MetalOre will not be found with scansat, without adding it to the scansat configs (that can be done, but thats for the Scansat thread)

MetalOre works fine with the stock scanning mechanic. :) (throw up a m700 orbital scanner to get a rough idea of concentrations). then you can use the planetery overlay in the map screen to see resources.

xtoro: Kethane is not required, though without it the OMD (the can with the cable) is useless. I believe the stock scanner will find MetalOre as spread around by the stock system (that was certainly the intention). The magnetometer then acts like that stock high-res scanner.

Cool thanks, I'll try playing with it again tonight. I was just confused about how to use the new scanners and didn't think to try the stock scanner... Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

MetalOre will not be found with scansat, without adding it to the scansat configs (that can be done, but thats for the Scansat thread)

MetalOre works fine with the stock scanning mechanic. :) (throw up a m700 orbital scanner to get a rough idea of concentrations). then you can use the planetery overlay in the map screen to see resources.

Gotchya. I saw someone put up some code to get ScanSAT to work with it but I haven't tried it yet. I'll try using the stock first. Cheers!

actually ive got a MM config laying around somewhere that adapts the OMD to the stock system, and it also seemed to work just fine using ModuleAnimateGeneric.

EDIT Found it:

@PART[OMD]
{
!MODULE[KethaneDetectorAnimatorUnity]{}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
animationName = Deploy
startEventGUIName = Open
endEventGUIName = Close
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleResourceScanner
MaxAbundanceAltitude = 500000
RequiresUnlock = true
ScannerType = 0
ResourceName = MetalOre
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleHighDefCamera
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleAsteroidAnalysis
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnalysisResource
resourceName = MetalOre
}
}

I love how it looks so i just had to make it work :P

actually ive got a MM config laying around somewhere that adapts the OMD to the stock system, and it also seemed to work just fine using ModuleAnimateGeneric.

EDIT Found it:

@PART[OMD]
{
!MODULE[KethaneDetectorAnimatorUnity]{}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
animationName = Deploy
startEventGUIName = Open
endEventGUIName = Close
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleResourceScanner
MaxAbundanceAltitude = 500000
RequiresUnlock = true
ScannerType = 0
ResourceName = MetalOre
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleHighDefCamera
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleAsteroidAnalysis
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnalysisResource
resourceName = MetalOre
}
}

I love how it looks so i just had to make it work :P

Bah! I JUST DELETED IT! LOL

cdspotts88: It sounds like they're too far away from your survey station (note, you may have left the survey station in the VAB;). At least one stake of the site needs to be within 100m of the survey station (vessel), and the vessel needs to have a survey station part (currently a cloned hitchhiker can: I have plans to add a proper part).

rabidninjawombat: Thanks, I'll include it in the next release.

So, I was having an issue where my productivity on a Survey workshop (I forget the actual name) was some number E-9, and couldn't produce anything. However, the normal (giant blue) Workshop was working fine, with a productivity of 2.5. I dug through the configs and changed all the productivity multipliers to 5, and now the survey workshop is working fine, with a productivity of 2.5. Just wanted to post this in case anyone else was having this issue, and so maybe it can get fixed in the future.

I'm now going to go digging through the configs again to try to fix the Pathfinder Hacienda Factory (Fireworks configuration), as it's having the same problem. I'll update this post if I fix it.

edit: the above near-zero productivity was with a 2-star engineer, with a fairly high courage and stupidity rating. I also tried with a zero star engineer with a stupidity around half the bar, but with the same results. I don't know where to find the actual numbers on the kerbal stats.

CajunInABox: that is intended behavior: your survey station was crewed with inexperienced engineers (0-star) and they cannot work in anything with a productivity factor less than 1, and high stupidity is not good for engineers (though with enough stars, they will still be somewhat productive). Bill Kerman has a base productivity of about -1e-8 (I don't remember the exact number, but it should be 0 (yay floating point math).

Having nullrefs, what should I do to fix them?

[LOG 14:28:26.100] Unpacking Vulcan[EXC 14:28:26.417] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ResourceBroker.ParseFlowMode (.PartResourceDefinition res, System.String flowMode)
ResourceBroker.AmountAvailable (.Part part, System.String resName, Double deltaTime, System.String flowMode)
ResourceConverter.ProcessRecipe (Double deltaTime, .ConversionRecipe recipe, .Part resPart, Single efficiencyBonus)
BaseConverter.OnFixedUpdate ()
Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate ()
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.439] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ResourceBroker.ParseFlowMode (.PartResourceDefinition res, System.String flowMode)
ResourceBroker.AmountAvailable (.Part part, System.String resName, Double deltaTime, System.String flowMode)
ResourceConverter.ProcessRecipe (Double deltaTime, .ConversionRecipe recipe, .Part resPart, Single efficiencyBonus)
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.485] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.501] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.543] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.560] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.599] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.616] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.658] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.675] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.720] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.737] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.777] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.793] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.836] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.853] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.894] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()

and then the log just goes on for forever....

I think it has something to do with EPL and Civ Pop, because my ship was a mining ship with Civ Pop converters for EPL resources, but i'm not sure.

My Gamedata folder: http://imgur.com/cWC7wbx

Having nullrefs, what should I do to fix them?

[LOG 14:28:26.100] Unpacking Vulcan[EXC 14:28:26.417] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.439] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.485] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.501] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.543] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.560] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.599] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.616] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.658] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.675] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.720] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.737] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.777] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.793] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.836] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.853] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 14:28:26.894] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Part.FixedUpdate ()

and then the log just goes on for forever....

I think it has something to do with EPL and Civ Pop, because my ship was a mining ship with Civ Pop converters for EPL resources, but i'm not sure.

My Gamedata folder: http://imgur.com/cWC7wbx

Timandy, any chance you can upload a full copy of your output_log, also a screenshot of your craft. I'm running both mods (obviously :P ) and cant reproduce your issues.

Not sure its CivPop causing your issues, but happy to help Taniwha troubleshoot this.

EDIT: Also a good idea to check the versions of your mods, (what version of EPL and CivPop are you running ( There should be a version file in the main Netherdyne folder and if you look at it (with a text editor) you'll see a version number

Ok, Here is my full log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfwmswp61l0ibtj/KSP.log?dl=0

And my craft, It is the "Vulcan", a EPL converter/miner designed to land on minmus. it has CivPop drills and converters for the EPL resources. http://imgur.com/yNk4vtZ

(The electric charge is very little, I plan to send a second reactor module, the "Zeus")

I couldn't find the version but I think they are both the latest, as I downloaded the mods yesterday.

Ok, Here is my full log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfwmswp61l0ibtj/KSP.log?dl=0

And my craft, It is the "Vulcan", a EPL converter/miner designed to land on minmus. it has CivPop drills and converters for the EPL resources. http://imgur.com/yNk4vtZ

(The electric charge is very little, I plan to send a second reactor module, the "Zeus")

I couldn't find the version but I think they are both the latest, as I downloaded the mods yesterday.

By chance were the downloads through CKAN? ( I had an issue with CKAN for some reason downloading much older version than should be downloaded, like months or years old)

If you did download through CKAN, try manually downloading the EPL, and Civpop downloads (latest versions) delete the ExtraPlanetary Launchpads, NetherDyne Aerospace, and CommunityResourcePack folder and install manually and see if that fixes the issue.

EDIT: Also, just saw what may be the issue, You are misssing the CommunityResourcePack folder. this is a requirement and should have been in the download of CivPop, try installing that, and you ma be goood to go.

Edited by rabidninjawombat

timandy1: Your EL is 5.2.2 (in the log file), but I put the version on EL's gui windows.

After a lot of sleuthing, there is certainly a bug in the stock code (the "[RESOURCES] - Error in - BaseConverter_SetupModule - Object reference not set to an instance of an object" lines a ways up), but the real problem seems to be that you are missing a resource. That is, one of your conversion parts (could be a drill or converter) mentions a resource that has not been defined.