[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

[quote name='taniwha']It looks like "n/a" comes from not being activated. I suspect something may have changed with the animation module. In the meantime, try cycling the activation state.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to say "of course that was the first thing I tried" but that would be rude ;)

I even installed a brand new freshly made auger (from spare rocket parts) and KAS installed it with no luck. It just doesn't detect there is ore present or something like that even though the orbiting satellite clearly shows it available.

What you need to test is dumping rocket parts out, mining more metal ore and converting them on time warp without kethane installed...or even perhaps with karbonite installed (that's what I use). Try it in stock then try with karbonite and see if it breaks with either. The trick is that the ore has to be depleted...

Well, I don't want to be rude either, but it was the first thing I tried. Then I tried building a second one, which also didn't work, then I looked at my orbital map, then I came to the forums and saw GokouZWAR had the same issue. I suspect you may be right about a change to the animation module, or some other subtle change KSP has made. But at least we can rule out the presence/absence of kethane as a factor.

I'm having the same problem with zero productivity.

[url]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/403432173255696103/AC6C8578F37120760FE727AF5EFB110B843E4C68/[/url]

6 engineers, all have 3 stars of exp, 4 at low stupidity and 2 at medium. Yet zero productivity. They are capable of converting metal into rocket parts, but they can't build anything.

I need your log file. Something is most definitely not right.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]edrobotguy[/B], [B]GokouZWAR[/B]: I actually thought you might have, I was just covering bases. I hope to get a mining rig going today.

Why does the MSV 2000 container series weigh so much more than the equivalent Hex cans? 2838 units at 4.15 tons vs 1700 units at .6 tons. It looks like different creators made their own sets, and they got added together without balancing them. It's a shame too, because the MSV series looks way prettier than the Hex cans.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AlkQl4c.jpg[/IMG]

[B]sardia[/B]: When the MSV series was added, I went through and calculated their masses carefully (by calculating volumes and using 7.8t/m[sup]3[/sup] (iron)), though I may have made the gray bits solid instead of hollow. Also, I do not remember how thick I made the skin of the tank.

The hexcans were "balanced" by Greys for her own stuff, then imported (by Skykooler, I believe). Balancing them properly would mess them up in relation to other hexcans, so...

BTW, I have fixed the recyclers. I'm just waiting on auger tests and I'll be able to do a release.

I just found this mod and I have a few questions; is kethane still required for most of the features to work correctly, and has kethane been updated to 1.0.5? I looked and the latest version of kethane I found was for 1.0, and didn't work with 1.0.4, but I could have easily missed something.

[B]Hell_Raiser[/B]: Kethane is no longer required (works with stock), but I prefer Kethane's mechanic so it is very much still supported. Kethane has a [thread=132705]new thread[/thread] as I have taken over its maintenance. I did, however, forget to update the link in the main post (now fixed).

[quote name='taniwha'][B]sardia[/B]: When the MSV series was added, I went through and calculated their masses carefully (by calculating volumes and using 7.8t/m[SUP]3[/SUP] (iron)), though I may have made the gray bits solid instead of hollow. Also, I do not remember how thick I made the skin of the tank.

The hexcans were "balanced" by Greys for her own stuff, then imported (by Skykooler, I believe). Balancing them properly would mess them up in relation to other hexcans, so...

BTW, I have fixed the recyclers. I'm just waiting on auger tests and I'll be able to do a release.[/QUOTE]

I guess right then, it's ok. I just recycled all the MSV containers and turned them into Hex cans. You're maintaining two mods? That's impressive. Rep for you.

Hi there,

i have a little problem which I already posted on the KIS forum but got no reply, so maybe it is EL related. I hate to cross-post but see no alternative. Well, at least I edited it a bit for clarity :)

---snip---

Hi there, I am new here, so please don't bash me over the head for asking a stupid question, but I have a problem with "EVA Propellant" since KSP 1.0.5 (and/or KIS 1.2.3, EPL 5.2.93).

In 1.0.2 I had constructed an ILC 18-K container with some basic tools in it (including the EVA tank) and - ever changing - parts that needed mounting on my space station(s). I use EPL extensively and in 1.0.2 everything worked fine with that container out in space. But in 1.0.5 (plus updated mods) I can't build that container in space any longer since it requires the resource "EVA Propellant" (listed in the build UI of the dock as needing 10, having 0). I have no way of producing that up there (at least that I know of, and Monopropellant will not do the trick it seems). I also tried to remove the EVA-tank and add it again but to no avail.

I CAN, however, build and "launch" that container on Kerbin, but it would be madness to fly it to Gilly just for a bit of EVA Propellant :-)

Can somebody confirm this? And if so: is this a problem with KIS or EPL? I don't want to bark at the wrong tree...

Thank you

---snip---

Again, sorry for the cross-post and thanks for any help you can give me. Great mod, BTW, couldn't have explored the Kerbol solar system without it!

[B]Morty[/B]: This is exactly the right place for your problem. I didn't actually encounter the problem of EVA Propellant myself, but at one stage this weekend, I was considering putting an EVA tank into a container and realized it would not work for exactly the reason you have trouble: there's no way to make EVA Propellant.

Well, actually, there is :) (just not in EL yet). While it [i]will[/i] cause minor problems[sup]*[/sup], if you put the following into [B]GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Resources/Recipes.cfg[/B], you will be able to proceed.
[code]
EL_ResourceRecipe {
name = EVA Propellant
Resources {
MonoPropellant = 1
}
}
[/code]

[sup]*[/sup]The minor problems are that while MonoPropellant will correctly be listed as a required resource, 0 units will be required. This causes the subsequent problems of the progress bar being extended out to the left and the progress percentage becomes NaN (and ETA 0s) (I think I got all that right, I wasn't paying [i]that[/i] much attention). Fortunately, the build of the container and tank progresses properly and completes, providing a box with a full tank. This is caused by EVA Propellant having a density of 0. I will see if I can come up with a nice solution to the density (probably add a density override (that works only for resources with 0 density) in the recipe).

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hmm, this appears to be a slightly hairier problem than I thought, mostly due to some implementation details in the recipe system. Thank you, Morty.

[B]edrobotguy[/B], [B]GokouZWAR[/B]: ok, what are you guys doing differently? The augers are working fine here (and I've verified that there is no Kethane deposit in the location, and even removing Kethane makes no difference).

[url=http://taniwha.org/~bill/augers-working.png][img]http://taniwha.org/~bill/augers-working.jpg[/img][/url]

I don't think I'm doing anything different. I started this career in 1.04 and copied it to 1.05, updating all of my mods, some several times.

I notice you've got the augers in your example into the surface right up to the yellow part - does it need to be that deep now?

I also notice that the augers are animated now, and I don't recall them being animated before.

I am using Infernal Robotics to lower the auger into the dirt. I wonder if there is an alternative to the auger. BahamutoD made some nice drills for this mod a while back, but they haven't been maintained - can they be incorporated in this mod? Or can the stock Ore drill be modified to perhaps be blue and mine MetalOre? Or in a pinch, add MetalOre to the stock drill? Either option would mean I could deploy without IR.

[B]edrobotguy[/B]: They should not need to be that deep (unless I messed up my raycast), though the tip does need to be in the ground: if you go past the beginning of the blade, it [i]should[/i] work.

There are two transforms between which the ground surface must come: "shovel" (mid-height of the yellow casing), and "blade" (where the actual blade ends near the tip).

Could you get me a screenshot of the context menu after attempting to use the drill, and the full log? While there is no logging, there may be an error hidden somewhere.

Also, yes, I animated the auger for KSP 1.0 (also corrected the handedness of the blade), but I did not modify how it works from before 1.0 other than making it work with both stock and Kethane simultaneously (I had to write my own module).

BahamutoD's drills should be fairly easy to update, just update the MODULE blocks. Actually, they [i]should[/i] work if you install Kethane, though unless you change Ore to MetalOre, you'll get only stock Ore out of them. Adding MetalOre to the stock drill should be easy enough. I agree: the lack of a deploy animation on the auger is disappointing, but I have not been able to come up with something good without drastically modifying the model.

I really want to help you get this working, but I'm at a loss as to what the problem is. Any information you can get me should help. The problem should not be related to IR because I used IR to deploy the drill back in KSP 0.21 and the only changes to the model since then are the twist of the drill and the animation (though I did have to replace the part module for KSP 1.0).

I wonder who's more frustrated: you because the auger doesn't work, or me because I can't fix it.

[B]edrobotguy[/B], [B]GokouZWAR[/B]: Just to be a bit clearer about the blade and shovel transforms, here is a screenshot from blender:
[img]http://taniwha.org/~bill/auger.png[/img]
The dark orange axes in the upper right are the shovel and KSP must think that point is out of the ground.

The (very tiny!) tetrahedron in the lower left (at the end of the dashed line) is the blade and KSP must think it is in the ground. The blade transform is in line with the end of the helix, and also the end of the cylinder of the shaft and the base of the cone of the tip.

If the ground is between the two points, it should work. If it does not work, I want details, lots of details. MOAR DETAILS ;)

I have released version 5.2.94 of Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Changes from 5.2.93:
[LIST]
[*]Check for 0 required amount before calculating percent (fix for the build window going funny with resources requiring 0 units).
[*]Add a recipe for making EVA Propellant from MonoPropellant.
[*]Fix the vector of the side node of the hexcans to point outwards instead of along the side.
[*]Raise the magnetometer's max height to 71000m.
[*]Fix the recycling bins getting stuck after recycling certain parts.
[*]Close the build info window when the editor is restarted.
[/LIST]

[B]ss8913[/B]: EL was never on KerbalStuff. As for CKAN, you will have to harass the CKAN maintainers as I have never had anything to do with it.

There is the possibility CKAN doesn't like the experimental tag. If so, more shame on them.

ah, that could be. In the meantime.. survey stakes... i built a construction ship on the runway.. then I had Bill go out next to the runway and plant 4 stakes in a rectangular pattern. By the time I finished pounding in the first stake, the first had exploded for no reason. I switched back to the factory and saw no way to build anything within the remaining three. Then the remaining three, one at a time, spontaneously exploded as well. What am I doing wrong here?