[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Some of the parts in the pack are deprecated but included for backwards compatibility, correct? Is there a definitive list of what is deprecated (and therefore safe to delete)?

Did you miss the rocket builder? seems to still have the price of 1300 instead of an arm and a leg :P

Bah, it looks like I did miss it. File date is the 13th and I did the cost balancing yesterday. Should be 75000.

I don't suppose you made all the containers tweakscale while you were at it?

I didn't have tweakscale installed to do testing. Also, I forgot about it yesterday.

Container cost is wrong. Since the game uses cost for full container, empty containers either very cheap or have negative price.

Urk, I thought KSP used the amount rather than maxAmount, and I forgot to test that one yesterday (tired). Thanks.

Rakh: SphericalTanks (Talisar has done much nicer ones (MFT) since), orebin and metalbin.

Edited by taniwha

4.2.1 (price fixes) is available. Links etc in the first post.

• Rocket Builder now costs an arm and a leg ;)
  • All resource bearing parts have had their prices to included their resources (I thought KSP used only amount, not maxAmount).

Edited by taniwha

Just tried the .24 update. First time I started the game it greeted me alternate tech tre dialog and crashed immediately afterward. However, the game runs normally after a restart until I attempt to launch a rocket; then the game is really, really laggy; 1-2 fps on a gaming rig-laggy. I'm not really sure if anyone else is having the issue; could be one of my other mods.

Just tried the .24 update. First time I started the game it greeted me alternate tech tre dialog and crashed immediately afterward. However, the game runs normally after a restart until I attempt to launch a rocket; then the game is really, really laggy; 1-2 fps on a gaming rig-laggy. I'm not really sure if anyone else is having the issue; could be one of my other mods.

It's working fine for me. It's not very helpful to report something like this without including a log file.

It's working fine for me. It's not very helpful to report something like this without including a log file.

There's no log file to include - not any I can find.

I'm guessing there's a conflict that's causing my troubles, since I created a separate KSP game file for testing purposes and it runs fine with just EP alone.

There's no log file to include - not any I can find.

I'm guessing there's a conflict that's causing my troubles, since I created a separate KSP game file for testing purposes and it runs fine with just EP alone.

Try "KSP.log" in the KSP installation directory...It's always there, even when everything is working fine. Hard to miss, really.

I suggest dumping it in http://pastebin.com/ or, if it is too large, uploading the file whole to dropbox or something similar, and sharing the link here.

Edit: oh, and try to reproduce the problem first exactly, then quit and post it. If you've played since without the mod / without whatever causes the problem, it will be harder to diagnose.

Edited by Rakh

EL does not use alt tech tree. You have a different mod causing problems.

So I want to toss out a thought some were and this is something that would work with Kethane/EPL/KSPI But, IF I setup a resource mining depot somewere on Kerbal for the purpose of making the Kethane/LFO/OXidizer/Metal/Ore/Etc.... Then shipping it by hand to the VAB or recovering the Vehicles with these items loaded I would make money, however, this requires a lot of micro managing. I REALLY wish I had the knowledge to program myself but alas I do not. I have come up with an idea and I do not know how easy it would be to implement and figured I would bring it up as people are now mulling over cost and such. My thought is that Materials in Tanks could be edited by hand in saves possibly to move them from one ship to another. If this was the case than it would be a simple matter to have a "ship" that is close to the launchpad/runway that houses fuel (LFO/Xenon/Monoprop/Ship Parts) that could be loaded on the ship via ground crew near the launchpad. Using this method I could mine a bunch on one part of the world and hack the fuel back to the VAB. This would be a very dirty way of accomplishing this, and I thought what if we have a shipping plugin that moves fuel from one ship on Kerbin to another, over ground and water that takes time. Thus you could mine in one area and set a shipment to the vab or other location and depending on distance it will take a differing amount of time. This would give you the ability to launch your vehicles empty fill them at the pad and then launch them into space. It would also allow you to send ship parts into space easily without buying them, or sending a ship to the mining location to fill and bring back for the cash that the fuel and what not needs...

I don't know if this is the best way to explain it all but its a sort of Kerbal UPS for Fuel and Minable/buildable resources. Could something like this be worked into Extraplanetary Launchpads? Or would it have to be its own plugin?

Whenever I spawn a craft, I'm unable to switch away from that craft or return to the space center until I restart the game. This is the case whether I spawn a craft in orbit or landed. Has anyone else encountered this?

One thing i noticed when i was looking through my logs for a problem with another mod, i did notice that KSPAPIExtensions.dll bundled up with EL looks like its v1.5.1.8 while 1.6.0.0 is out. While i thought 1.5.1.8 was for 23.5 , i could be wrong tho.

I dont know if that matters for others who might run into a problem or not.

Thanks for updating this for .24 . I never got to use this in earlier versions because id always rage quit the game due to performance reasons and im hoping ill be able to stick around longer even with the new x64 version of ksp, even with the unity bugs still, lol.

1.5.1.8 is for 0.24: I compiled it myself from git and should be the same as 1.6.0.0, it's just an issue of incorrect git tagging. I'll have to harass NathanKell about that as he did the 1.6.0 release (we're holding the fort while swamp ig is away).

Good luck with the unity issues.

This is not limited to EL, but is a core KSP bug, though EL might trigger it sometimes. What other mods are you using? Particularly anything that adds functionality to ships.

KAS, Kerbal Enginerring Redux, and Mechjeb are the only ones I can think of that fit with the timeframe. I'll make a sandbox game and test things a little to see if I can't pin it down.

I should mention that I've been playing 0.23.5. In an otherwise vanilla 0.23.5, I still get this bug.

You'll be happy to know that I do not get it in an otherwise-vanilla 0.24. So, I'll just deal with it until all the mods I want are updated to 0.24.

Tangle: err, that makes no sense. What do you mean?

GenaTrius: Yeah, KSP bug since before 0.23. The change is that the smelter now stores three resources (Ore, Metal, ScrapMetal). The fix is to install Kethane (and then you can use the smelter).

And now for v4.2.2 of EL. Links etc in the first post.

• Pads no longer force activation.
  • Resources are now required at all times in career mode (sandbox and science mode still allow "free" construction if Kethane is not installed).
  • Complied against KAE 1.6.0

I am getting a message when trying to unzip the 4.2.2 zip file that says "Cannot open file xx\Extraplanetary_Launchpads_v4.2.2.zip as archive", using 7zip on Windows 8. I think the archive is corrupted.