[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Hi, your Survey Stake part is braking KAS in my installation. Any idea how I could fixe this?

Hmm, so you say, but what you don't say is how it is breaking KAS. What is happening that should not? What is not happening that should? Where is your log file? If you want me to help you, you have to help me.

Oh, basicly, I fill up a container in the VAB with stuff like survey stake, pipes and stuff like that, but then when I launch the ship (default, not using EPL), it's empty. I'm using MKS/OKS.

my mod list:

RADmwNw.png

Everything else seems fine though I haven't made extensive tests. I just thought you guys might have an idea, perhap some incompatibility?

One thing I noticed, is that it seems that the MKS/OKS mod has a file that seems to disable every EPL part (which are not necessary since that mod already has resource extraction and processing) EXCEPT survey stakes, it just uses the plugins/*.dll files. But I can't figure out why it bugging KAS.

EDIT: NEVERMIND ME! It's working. I'm an idiot. I had removed some unnecessary files to get KSP to boot up, but probably one too many. Sorry to waste your time.

Edited by Seleukus

Well I actually managed to get stuff working by removing EVERYTHING except the Plugin folder. That was enough to activate EPL functionality on MKS/OKS, but caused KAS trouble. However, now I tried removing just a few parts (smelters, recyclebin, maybe something), I managed to boot up the game (yay RAM) and KAS seems to be working fine. However, now that I can finally use Survey Stakes, I don't know how to use them LOL.

Edited by Seleukus

I'm missing a survey station. I'm going to try unlock it.

edit: It works, the Survey station built a Pod on top of a survey stake lol!

edit2: Put two stakes apart, and the pod was built between them, cute!

edit: Hey boss, is it possible for a noob like me to add the Survey Station functionality to one of the MKS/OKS parts? Like maybe copy/paste a chunk of code in cfg file?

Oh and thanks for the help. I love this mod. Can't wait to have my super space factory online.

Edited by Seleukus

I'm missing a survey station. I'm going to try unlock it.

edit: It works, the Survey station built a Pod on top of a survey stake lol!

edit2: Put two stakes apart, and the pod was built between them, cute!

edit: Hey boss, is it possible for a noob like me to add the Survey Station functionality to one of the MKS/OKS parts? Like maybe copy/paste a chunk of code in cfg file?

Oh and thanks for the help. I love this mod. Can't wait to have my super space factory online.

The MKS colony hub has Survey Station functionality already so you shouldn't need to edit any MKS cfg.

Otherwise, I think this will work...

MODULE
{
name = ExSurveyStation
}

Hey I am having a weird problem with my space station. The progress bar is stuck at zero and the module says -5.x on productivity and vessel productivity...:confused:

Am i doing something wrong or is this a bug? I made a test rig with the same parts at the ksc and it worked fine, the productivity read in the positive and the progress bar got to 100%... I have a feeling there is something wrong with my station, its laggy as hell, I'm getting about 5f when loaded. :(

Is it safe to drive controlled ship directly into recycling bin? Kinda afraid of Kraken attack so I usually set it to go there and then switch to dock itself, just in case.
Mystique: it is safe, though not for any kerbals on board.

Indeed. Just treat is as if you were docking and you'll be fine.

Say, can we mount that bin on an infernal robotic arm and use that to capture and recycle things instead of having to fly things into it?

Arm would be cool :) Even without IR bin can be mounted on i-beams or similar stuff and you may use station rotation to can nearby space trash =)

Say, can we mount that bin on an infernal robotic arm and use that to capture and recycle things instead of having to fly things into it?

I know of no reason why not. All the bin cares about is something entering its field collider. I know some people have mounted the bins on the front of rovers.

I think something is wrong with the download. For some reason I'm not getting a Gamedata folder in the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads folder. I tried installing it anyway but the parts were all solid white and didn't work. When I open it in Winrar I have:

Internals

Parts

Plugins

Resources

Ships

Textures

EL_MM.cfg

License.txt

README.txt

seat_tasks.cfg

Settings.cfg

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there even supposed to be a Gamedata folder?

I think something is wrong with the download. For some reason I'm not getting a Gamedata folder in the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads folder. I tried installing it anyway but the parts were all solid white and didn't work. When I open it in Winrar I have:

Internals

Parts

Plugins

Resources

Ships

Textures

EL_MM.cfg

License.txt

README.txt

seat_tasks.cfg

Settings.cfg

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there even supposed to be a Gamedata folder?

All of the above files/folders should be an a "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads" Folder. That folder itself goes into the gamedata folder. Im guessing since you have plain white models that you dropped said files/folders into the gamedata folder on their own, You wanna keep them inside the "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads" folder and drop that in there.

Should fix your issue.

All of the above files/folders should be an a "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads" Folder. That folder itself goes into the gamedata folder. Im guessing since you have plain white models that you dropped said files/folders into the gamedata folder on their own, You wanna keep them inside the "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads" folder and drop that in there.

Should fix your issue.

Thanks. No more gravity hacking for this guy.

I have released version 5.0.0 of EL. Links in the first post.

64-bit Windows is NOT supported due to it being an unstable mess.

Nobody will stop you from modifying it to work, but you will get NO support. Anybody distributing a modified version of Extraplanetary Launchpads (for any reason, actually) must make it prominently clear that it is not Extraplanetary Launchpads as released by me. This is actually one of the requirements in the GPL.

Also, by releasing a modified version, you agree to accept all responsibility. This is the reason for the attribution rule in the GPL: so your victims come crying to you rather than to me.

Changes from 4.5.0:

• Engineers (or really, any class that has the ExConstructionSkill effect (I'm sure RoverDude will get ideas ;)) are now extremely valuable. In the early stages, no engineers means no construction. NOTE: this requires ModuleManager (linked in the first post).
  • Free construction (ie, without using resources) is no longer supported. The biggest reason for its removal is doing so removed a bunch of code that I always forget to test.
  • Instant builds are also no longer supported. The only reason they persisted was the lack of background building. With that in place, I got to remove an even bigger chunk of code I forget to test.

The removal of free and instant construction modes is the reason for the jump to 5.0.0: it may make some people's saves unworkable. It won't break the saves outright as most vessels will have some form of workshop (command pods, hitchhiker can, science lab), and either flying out a workshop or building one on site will take care of build rates.

The current effects of the construction skill (by level):

• 0) The kerbal can work in a fully equipped workshop.
  • 1) The kerbal can work in any workshop.
  • 2) The kerbal is always productive in a fully equipped workshop.
  • 3) The kerbal is always productive in any workshop.
  • 4) The kerbal enables skilled workers in any workshop.
  • 5) The kerbal enables unskilled workers in a fully equipped workshop.

"Fully equipped" for now means the workshop's productivity factor >= 1.0 (in EL, the big blue workshop). Since getting a level-1 engineer is trivial (put him in orbit, get him home), I don't see that as being too much of a problem.

Edited by taniwha