[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Whenever something has been built and is placed on the launchpad, before the resources have been set, after a few seconds it sinks into the launchpad and explodes. Is this a known issue? D:

The KSP log spams this line:

[ERR 19:24:40.053] Actor::setAngularVelocity: Actor must be (non-kinematic) dynamic!

EDIT: Restarting the game fixed it, but now I can't timewarp with the craft without it exploding for some reason. The KSP log is spamming these lines now:

[LOG 20:36:09.551] Packing interplanetary ship for orbit[EXC 20:36:09.552] NullReferenceException
UnityEngine.Transform.TransformDirection (Vector3 direction)
ActiveJoint.getControlOrt (Vector3 refAxis, PartSpaceMode mode)
ActiveJoint.applyCoordsUpdate ()
ActiveJoint.onPartPack (.Part p)
EventData`1[Part].Fire (.Part data)
Part.Pack ()
Vessel.GoOnRails ()
OrbitPhysicsManager.LateUpdate ()

Edited by yorshee

yorshee: Post the whole log, not just excerpts showing random errors. All you have demonstrated is that KSP itself has a problem: the first says very little at all, and the second shows only stock code in the trace. Something else happened to cause those. Yes, the log will be big: zip it up and put it somewhere it can be downloaded.

yorshee: Post the whole log, not just excerpts showing random errors. All you have demonstrated is that KSP itself has a problem: the first says very little at all, and the second shows only stock code in the trace. Something else happened to cause those. Yes, the log will be big: zip it up and put it somewhere it can be downloaded.

Here ya go. :D

http://www./download/jqgsargqpz2burp/KSP.log

http://www./download/azn1g17ygd46rv1/output_log.txt

Edited by yorshee

Tokomak: you can't get the dll directly from github, you need to build it. Instead, use the url for the current version but edit the version number. 5.1.2 is what you want as it should have the least issues.

Mitchz95: As of KSP 1.0/EL 5.1.90, Ore is not used. You need MetalOre. You cannot convert Ore to MetalOre (that would be like converting coal or tar into hematite).

I think it is a legacy naming issue. RoverDudes' MKS uses MetallicOre. (personally I renamed MetalOre to MetallicOre)

I've been having a problem with survey stakes on Minmus becoming un-attached to the ground, falling over sideways into the ground mesh and exploding. I'm not sure what might be causing this, has anyone else had similar issues?

Also, will survey stakes function if attached to things other than the ground? Ie. have stakes on rovers parked in a square around where I want to build.

Booots: if they are falling over, they are not attached to the ground, only dropped on the ground. Note, however, that I do need to do my own testing of the stakes in the current versions. I haven't got a surface base yet as I do all of my testing via actual play: I'm more likely to do something weird if I become a user instead of the developer :).

yorshee: your KSP installation is utterly smashed: exceptions everywhere. You will not be able to get any support from anyone (not just me) until you can reproduce the problems without generating 8.5k exceptions. [edit]because there is no way of knowing what caused the problem.

Edited by taniwha

yorshee: your KSP installation is utterly smashed: exceptions everywhere. You will not be able to get any support from anyone (not just me) until you can reproduce the problems without generating 8.5k exceptions. [edit]because there is no way of knowing what caused the problem.

Oh, whoa! I had no idea it was that bad.

I'll try on a fresh install, with only EPL installed, then introduce all my other mods one-by-one until I see what's causing the problem.

Booots: if they are falling over, they are not attached to the ground, only dropped on the ground. Note, however, that I do need to do my own testing of the stakes in the current versions. I haven't got a surface base yet as I do all of my testing via actual play: I'm more likely to do something weird if I become a user instead of the developer :).

Sorry, I was unclear. The stakes attach properly at first (X-key to attach, right?), making the KIS attach sound and all. Then, usually after time warp or vessel change with '[' or ']' they exhibit the weird behaviour I saw. They worked fine today, though, so it may have been a glitch caused by all the database reloading I was doing the other time. Don't stress about this one. Set that time aside for being a user instead. ;)

Glyph--There are no incompatibilities Glyph, but its not needed, since 1.0 EPL works with the stock resource system just fine. (It will also work with the Kethane system if you have that installed.)

Thank you.

Small suggestion. The current system allows for rather cheaty gameplay at the endgame by mass producing parts with a good weight to cost ratio and then recovering them. Would it be possible to scale construction time with something like (mass+cost) instead?

Small suggestion. The current system allows for rather cheaty gameplay at the endgame by mass producing parts with a good weight to cost ratio and then recovering them. Would it be possible to scale construction time with something like (mass+cost) instead?

And if someone wants to go through that trouble to build an orbital construction setup, make their rocketparts, and take the time to build and recover, I say let them.

I would agree that something might be in order in this regard; My most profitable endeavors late in my 0.90 game were to build some recovery capsules consisting of 2x FTT HoneyBadger reactors (600k/ea) (and misc engines/tanks/probes) at my Minmus base and send them back to Kerbin for recovery. Removed concerns of cash for my game, but I was so far progressed that it was mostly a time-saving mechanism at that point (not having to complete the same contracts over and over).

Although it doesn't seem like such scaling belongs in EPL (well..maybe? the increased time could reflect that it was a 'difficult to assemble part'); rather the mods with the out-of-line-overly-expensive parts should find some other way to balance the OP'ness of their parts other than cost. Still not sure how that could be done though; how -would- you balance something like a reactor?

Still not sure that time would be the best balance mechanism, as time-warp is always just a click away :( (although, it could add some increased difficulty for those running non-closed-loop life support mods/setups)

Hmm...

Still not sure that time would be the best balance mechanism, as time-warp is always just a click away :( (although, it could add some increased difficulty for those running non-closed-loop life support mods/setups)

Hmm...

Same discussion is happening on the USI warp drive thread, because those have a highly attractive cost-to-weight ratio. Something I thought of over there was to have really expensive parts require a more expensive resource than RocketParts to build. The part's config file would contain a node something like

EPL_CUSTOM_COST {
resourceName = ExoticMachinery
quantity = 100
}

and EPL would require you to provide 100 ExoticMachinery in place of an equivalent mass of RocketParts.

Then the part author or compatibility patch writer can make obtaining and shipping the raw materials as easy or hard as it needs to be.

Once you can make things yourself, why should you not be able to do so to turn a profit?

That said, RocketParts is rather simplistic, I've never liked it. Thus when I implemented timed construction, I implemented it in such a way that recipes would be an easy drop-in once I got them designed. KIS integration has helped iron out some of the bugs in the build system since resources in parts stored in KIS containers become required resources, and resources have their own Kerbal-hour requirements. The next step is to design the recipe system itself (how they are specified for parts and part modules). If you look here, you will see that a recipe system has been on my mind for a long time :).

The biggest problem with costs is the cost of RocketParts is balanced against stock fuel tanks and thus it's trivial to load up on RocketParts, build expensive things and recover them. If it bugs you that much, edit GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Resources/ExtraSpaceCenters.cfg and make all the resources isTweakable = false: at least then you will need to go out, mine the MetalOre, smelt it to Metal, convert it to RocketParts and then finally build stuff (I'm pretty sure all EL storage parts come empty). I did it this way back in KSP 0.21 so I know it's doable (though it required a 1000km round-trip drive on Kerbin to get my Minmus base going).

Sorry, I was unclear. The stakes attach properly at first (X-key to attach, right?), making the KIS attach sound and all. Then, usually after time warp or vessel change with '[' or ']' they exhibit the weird behaviour I saw. They worked fine today, though, so it may have been a glitch caused by all the database reloading I was doing the other time. Don't stress about this one. Set that time aside for being a user instead. ;)

same here. stakes attached to the ground of the Mun via tool ("x") will fall over after a minute or two and explode.

managed to place two stakes and finalize the build before the first was gone and could save the second. but its tricky:

• place one to start the build process in the EPL-UI
  • (optional)take it away / save it till the build is finished
  • place the stake(s) for finalizing
  • quicksave
  • reload
  • finalize the build in the EPL-UI
  • (optional)make a dash to save the stake(s)

tja: you don't need to place stakes before you begin building.

That said...

Booots, tja: I have good news, bad news and more good news about stakes:

good: I have reproduced the problem with stakes falling over.

bad: it's not my bug, but KospY's

good: it's fixed in KIS 1.1.5 (be sure to update KAS too, if you have it installed)

I have released version 5.1.95 of EL (beta for 5.2.0). Links in the first post.

Changes from 5.1.94:

• KAC wrapper updated so the alarms work properly again.
  • The rocket builder (funny tower in "control") has been renamed to "rocket workbench" and is an external seat... er, four external seats. It is also a fully-fledged workshop so even inexperienced engineers can be productive (productivity factor 1).
  • The rocket workbench can be surface attached, making it more usable with KIS.
  • The NRE spam when opening the EL build window after removing a site via KIS has been fixed.

Again, this is a beta version for 5.2.0. There may be bugs in the new features and there is still work to be done on polish (mostly module info for the parts list), and stock depletion zones are not yet supported. However, things do seem to work nicely. Good luck :).

I still have a couple of bugs to fix before 5.2.0: launchclamps acting weird, and I think I can fix the twitchy launchpad2 (I've found some colliding colliders in the model).

Edited by taniwha

The issue with stakes was easily solved by me...just place the stake down, then grab it and surface attach it to the ground a second time. The stake stays standing after the second time. In case you didn't know. This also applies to the ground blocks and other things. They always seem to need to be dropped down then surface attached a second time.

One of my biggest bugs right now is stuff exploding on the ground when time warping. I build a fairly large ground base on eve (one that worked fine on minmus) every time I time warp things "flex" when the time warp stops causing clipping into the ground. When that happens my entire base falls apart. I even had one where a kerbal was on top of my base standing on it, and when time warp stopped he was flung off the base and somehow got under ground with only his foot and was promptly pulled into eve. This cause a chain reaction where the entire solar system collapsed on itself (not kidding) and everything was gone. No eve, no kerbal, no sun...NOTHING. The entire save was ruined because I had saved before the time warp and whenever I loaded the "flexing" effect occurs upon load and the base explodes. Any idea what is causing this?

By the way, still having the transfer issue when moving kernels around. What can I send you to help diagnose? I don't have Connected Living Spaces or any other mods like that.

I only have your recommended mods installed. KIS, KAS, Kethane, EPL, and a few other mods. You can see the full list on my twitch page (www.twitch.tv/gokouzwar) in the page part at the bottom below my logo. I don't have many mods at all. I try to keep the game light. Most mods are for assisting with navigation, building (KER) and other such things (atmosphere trajectories) the only mods I have that modify how the game works is your mod and KAS really...and Kethane I suppose but that shouldn't affect the transfer of kerbals from workshops. It's ONLY workshops that have the problem. I can EVA and transfer from any other modules just fine. It's only the workshop one that appears to have the problem.

Edited by GokouZWAR