[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Just now, DStaal said:

The patch is included in MKS, last I checked.  With it, *every* EL build uses MaterialKits and SpecializedParts - no matter which part is coordinating the building.

Wow man. Thanks a ton! Now I gotta delete my 1mil other posts... rip 1 hour. :D

9 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Whenever he gets around to it. Give the man some time, KSP 1.3 came out less than 12 hours ago. Either stay on 1.2.2 until he updates or play 1.3 without EL.

Sorry :3  I was just curious

For one, no point in updating EL until MM updates (builds won't work without it), and since survey builds are pretty popular and require KIS (and survey builds without KAS are no fun), best to wait until those update too.

I have released version 5.8.0 of Extraplanetary Launchpads. Links in the OP.

Changes from 5.7.2:

• Fix log spam on disabled virtual pad (currently a debug tool)
  • Update for KSP 1.3

NOTE: I have done only minimal testing (got as far as the editor). Also, I have not made any efforts towards localization, and I'm not particularly interested in doing the work. I will, however, accept PRs.

53 minutes ago, taniwha said:

I have released version 5.8.0 of Extraplanetary Launchpads. Links in the OP.

Changes from 5.7.2:

• Fix log spam on disabled virtual pad (currently a debug tool)
  • Update for KSP 1.3

NOTE: I have done only minimal testing (got as far as the editor). Also, I have not made any efforts towards localization, and I'm not particularly interested in doing the work. I will, however, accept PRs.

Thank you @taniwha!  Much appreciated

On 11/24/2013 at 7:43 PM, taniwha said:

[snip]

@taniwha

Encountered a trouble!  I really like these mods. They are excellent and vivid, but I can't find out the version I needed. I am on 1.0.4, yet none of them works well. There are different kinds of problems. Can you recommend one version for 1.0.4?

@taniwha

Most of the introduction pages of previous versions were missing. It's really hard to understand which version to choose (at least for me and my friends).

Edited by Vanamonde
Please don't quote long posts.

5.2.91 looks like it might be ok for 1.0.4 (certainly the last version before 1.0.5 came out).

I do have to ask why, though. I remember 1.0.4 being a horrid mess of thermal bugs.

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

5.2.91 looks like it might be ok for 1.0.4 (certainly the last version before 1.0.5 came out).

I do have to ask why, though. I remember 1.0.4 being a horrid mess of thermal bugs.

@taniwha

wonderful suggestion, yet there is a minor problem: I didn't remember I have a science alert clock installed but there is one every time when the game start up, and the process of manufacturing a rocket is always zero no matter how many experienced Kerbal engineers I added.

Could you give me some suggestions or solutions. I would appreciate them very much.

Sorry to bother you again. :)  

Edited by keithcarla

First thing to do is to check Vessel Productivity (right click on any workshop (all command pods, EL's blue workshop, and I think the rocket workbench back then too)). If it's less than 0, then your engineers are too stupid (level three will fix that though). If it is exactly 0, then check your logs: the workshop module logs all boarded kerbals and their contributions (with stats) when the scene is loaded, or a kerbal is transferred in or out of the part.

Hmm, come to think of it, a good initial test is to see if you have Vessel Productivity listed at all for a command pod: if you do not, then it indicates a missing or mis-installed Module Manager. If you do get the Vessel Productivity line, I guess the best is to get me your "[EL Workshop]" lines from KSP.log. An example line from my own KSP.log:

[LOG 19:58:00.329] [EL Workshop] Kerbal: Jebediah Kerman 0.5 0.5 True 0() 0 False 5 False False

On 2013/12/2 at 9:10 AM, NotCoach said:

I'd like to see queued ships. I don't see the point of warehousing gigantic quantities parts for very large ships of when the parts are made on sight. I think a nice feature would be the ability to queue a ship that needs more parts then you have warehoused, and and new parts made are automatically applied to the ship waiting in the queue. Nobody builds very large anything with all the parts on hand first IRL. And with part fabrication on sight the warehouse should never be a limit to ship size.

@taniwha

There are parts such as Launchpads II and blue workshop (I didn't see productivity rate shown on original part) showing productivity rate in the Hanger and Assembly, so I don't think it has a problem here. I use bill kerman(stock,five star, sandbox), so there shouldn't be a problem.

Finally, I found the code you need.

"[LOG 14:32:06.687] [EL Workshop] Kerbal: Jebediah Kerman 0.5 0.5 True 0() 0 False 5 False True
[LOG 14:32:06.687] [EL Workshop] Kerbal: Bill Kerman 0.8 0.5 False 0() 0 False 5 False True

"

Wish to hear from you soon

Edited by keithcarla

Ironically, Bill Kerman is a problem (until he's level 2 or 3 (depending on the workshop)): his stupidity works out to 0 on paper (-1e-8 on a computer), but it looks like you're testing in sandbox mode, so yeah, he should work.

However, your log lines tell it all: either you don't have ModuleManager installed, or MM is not getting the ExConstruction skill onto Bill (the False just before the 5 near the end of his line). If MM is failing to add the construction skill, you will need to use 2.7.5 or later (which could be a problem if you need to stick to 1.0.4), though I am quite certain I used EL without such an issue prior to 1.1 (the problem came with changes in either 1.1 or 1.2).

5 hours ago, taniwha said:

Ironically, Bill Kerman is a problem (until he's level 2 or 3 (depending on the workshop)): his stupidity works out to 0 on paper (-1e-8 on a computer), but it looks like you're testing in sandbox mode, so yeah, he should work.

However, your log lines tell it all: either you don't have ModuleManager installed, or MM is not getting the ExConstruction skill onto Bill (the False just before the 5 near the end of his line). If MM is failing to add the construction skill, you will need to use 2.7.5 or later (which could be a problem if you need to stick to 1.0.4), though I am quite certain I used EL without such an issue prior to 1.1 (the problem came with changes in either 1.1 or 1.2).

@taniwha

I tried both 2.7.6 and 2.7.5, yet none of them worked. The vessel productivity and total productivity is zero anyway.

Edited by keithcarla