[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

I have released version 6.2.0 of Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Changes from 6.1.0:

• Contract module name fixed (MrKiel).
  • Construction drone parts (Carl Davidson)
  • Scrap metal containers (Carl Davidson)
  • Night heron flag installed (it's a flag I created back when KSP 0.20 or 0.21 introduced flags. I figured why not share it).
  • Fix some NaNs during construction and tear-down (tear-down being especially susceptible).
  • Update version check for KSP 1.4.5.

I apologize for the delay. Things have been hectic between work, camping and typhoons. I downloaded KSP 1.4.5 only this week. Speaking of typhoons, another one (#24) is on the way and should hit tomorrow. No idea how things will go this time (it was #21 that took out my power for 3 days a couple of weeks ago). Thus a friendly reminder than EL being GPL means you man redistribute it freely :).

First of all, @taniwha, great thanks for your work. And for the 1.4.5 update.

The Construction Drone seems to have broken ELConverter config. It's like it can't decide, whether it wants to be a recipe-controlled ELConverter like that in the workshop, or a more stock resource converter.

This seems to fix the issue:

@PART[ELConstructionDrone]
{
	!MODULE[ELConverter]{}

MODULE {
		name = ELConverter
		ConverterName = Part Production
		StartActionName = Start Part Production
		StopActionName = Stop Part Production
		ConverterRecipe = MetalWorking
		Rate = 0.25 // or whatever value you think is good for an autonomous fabricator
	}
}

Once again, thank you for your hard work.

Edited by NHunter

On 9/30/2018 at 8:06 AM, Apone3k said:

Anyone know why I can build ship without any resources and engineers? They also instant build.

Having this same problem and can't find any settings to change (except whether or not it's on toolbar and kerbal alarm clock settings). Productivity is 0, don't have enough parts, but ships still build instantly.

I am running 64-bit KSP. Where should I be looking for logs?

Mods I am using:

[x]Science!11

BetterBurnTime

Chatterer

Click Through Blocker

Community Category Kit

Distant Object Enhancement

Distant Object Enhancement default config

Docking Port Alignment Indicator

Easy Vessel Switch (EVS)

Environmental Visuals Enhancements

Extraplanetary Launchpads

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kerbal Attachment System

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Kerbal Inventory System

Kerbal Stats

Kethane Mining

Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier

LoadingScreenManager

Mechjeb 2

Modular Flight Integrator

Module Manager

PlanetShine

PlanetShine - Default configuration

RasterPropMonitor

RasterPropMonitor Core

SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin

TAC fuel Balancer

Toolbar

Toolbar Controller

Trajectories

Tweak Scale

Edited by Xanif
Adding bitness

@Apone3k, @Xanif: this simply should not be happening, though I do have some suspicions. The main question I have is when is it "building instantly"? Right after selecting the craft? My suspicion is that one of your mods is throwing an exception while EL is calculating the build cost.

now THAT is funny, but a serious issue!

If this happens to me I'll try helping and reporting too. I'm currently having another attempt to play without having too many issues at all.
(in other words I just went into trying KSP again, new version, grabbed mods etc)

regards!

On 10/5/2018 at 10:46 PM, taniwha said:

@Apone3k, @Xanif: this simply should not be happening, though I do have some suspicions. The main question I have is when is it "building instantly"? Right after selecting the craft? My suspicion is that one of your mods is throwing an exception while EL is calculating the build cost.

Here is a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6o6loyNuho&feature=youtu.be

I did a clean install, just EPL and dependencies

Here is my ckan export: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1peGZ9cRsGOAz__fHTzb5j9-kEOJZ3YaS

Here is my save game: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1go_Uy8balIQMJQYpNs3B713G0aHXwkPv

Let me know if I can provide any more info.

Hi,

Does this mod have a possibility to scrap parts without using Recycler? Similar as it's done in MKS or Konstruction mod (it was there, afair) - recycling a part via context menu.

The major problem using recycler is that when I pull some vehicle to he scrapped near the recycle - it destroys vehicle part by part (not as the whole) causing it sometimes blow into pieces and hurling them all around. Quite annoying.

Or I might just be using the mod features incorrectly. This is quite possibile :)   

4 hours ago, taniwha said:

@Horus: That is actually a documented feature with an undocumented (but hinted) solution.

Thanks for the hint :)

I read the whole document. I saw that recipes idea. But I still have NO idea if it's possible to break down a separate part (parts) without using a Recycler and how to achieve it.

The recipes describe how a part can be recycled, how resources can be split and transferred, but no freaking clue where's the damn button to start that damn recycling.

I'm too dumb to make guesses today.

Edited by Horus

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

@Horus: I admit it's not a good hint, but it's the margin note by section 2.1.6. It's a gameplay feature, not a configuration option. But it's not how you are using it, but rather how your kerbals are using it.

Yeah, I saw that side notes. The hint is really really really deep somewhere there.

I give up trying to solve this Mason riddle :) Or should I say "Mellon" to start it? :)

I'm a simple man, I need buttons. I want to walk a kerbal near some part, click it\grab it and recycle just that part with "Recycle, you.... thing!" chant.

I can make a recycle-dozer and chase all those blasted vehicle parts. But that's ... Darn it... not really a nice option for my taste.

Edited by Horus

I have released version 6.2.2 of Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Changes from 6.2.1:

• Use core heat for the converters. This takes care of many of the heat (or lack thereof) issues with the new converter code: it is now possible to achieve the expected efficiencies (~53% for smelting).
  • Kerbal-hour requirements are no longer hard-coded. This means that mod authors using custom resource chains have better control over EL's production rate. Also, the standard resource chain can be rate-tweaked just as easily.

Note that the 53% cap on smelting efficiency is due to LFO putting out a little over half the heat required for the smelting process.

I have yet to take a look at KSP 1.5, but I will do so soon, so 1.5 support should not be far away.

Also, I have created a patreon page so those who wish to support me can do so easily. This is fully optional.

On 10/6/2018 at 4:46 AM, taniwha said:

this issue finally raided me too!

I started building something, then moved the only engineer out of the productivity capable part and BAM! productivity went to 0 and craft was done building. (using the latest release of EL/6.2.2)

Just in case it might interest people this bug is still present.

@Taniwha - Thanks for all the recent updates.  It seems that KSP has just auto-updated to 1.5.1, which has made my Launchpad components disappear from my on-orbit space station.   I see that you're already working on it - but as a mod developer, do you get notified when KSP is about to push an update, or are you forced to wait until people start to talk about it on the forum (like me)?

Edited by marsboy42

On 8/1/2018 at 10:44 PM, DStaal said:

MKS's support for EL is out of date.  There is a PR in to update it, but it's not a priority that would trigger an update on it's own, so it will likely be rolled into the next update.

(If you want to go in and edit the current patch with the new names for the EL modules, it wouldn't be hard.)

Do you mean a Pull Request to the MKS code or EPL code? In any case, do you know if the latest releases of MKS and EPL are compatible again?

Is this the commit that you were referring to? https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/pull/1401/commits/e4d39fc9becb712d44b0b81185e54ca5784adef2

Edited by LastStarDust

On 10/20/2018 at 10:15 PM, LastStarDust said:

Do you mean a Pull Request to the MKS code or EPL code? In any case, do you know if the latest releases of MKS and EPL are compatible again?

Is this the commit that you were referring to? https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/pull/1401/commits/e4d39fc9becb712d44b0b81185e54ca5784adef2

Pull request to MKS, and that looks like it.  I'm a bit behind on my updates for KSP at the moment - since that's merged, I assume the version of MKS for KSP 1.5 should have the compatibility working again.