Greatest achievement in KSP?

alex the killa

Beeing able to land at KSC with any lander, even managed once to land on top of the KCS building itself, but in general my landings nowerdays end within the the complex itself, without the help of any autopilot system.

It took me ages before i figured it out how to do it, YT tutorials all gave different results on how to do it, still my landings where off by miles, but when i finally got the hang of it, i felt i really accomplished something, even more as it was when i mastered docking, what was for me at least alot easier to learn as pinpoint landings on a atmospheric planet.

Everything else wasnt (at least for me) not as hard to learn as this..

• 4 months later...

So far, my biggest achievements:

• Visiting every planet/moon surface with something (probe, or manned)
  • Satellites around every planet/moon
  • Manned landing + return, Tylo
  • Manned landing + return, Eve
  • Asteroids on display at KSC, in front of the astronaut complex
  • Manual landing of a lander at KSC (no Mechjeb landing), while on a Munar return trajectory, and almost no fuel (so getting into a proper orbit first was not possible).

Man, all this crazy impressive stuff. Feeling like a noob now.

My biggest achievement was just today. Lined up for my first successful asteroid capture... and was already on my way to rendezvous when I realized that instead of the little B class I thought I was going after, I'd somehow tracked a behemoth E class instead. My heavy capture ship had something like 6000dv when it got there, and it took pretty much every last drop of fuel I had to manage the capture... but I did it!

Especially proud of this since I had no idea what I was in for (this was literally my first time grappling anything with the claw) and right off the bat started the rock spinning like crazy. Had to re-grab it a few times until I figured out how to maneuver it. :D

For me, the feel of gratest achievement was landing the first time on the Mün, short after I learned how orbits works. I had to land on winglets because there was no landing legs in KSP at that time (I think it was in 0.14). Also, I was listeting walking on the moon by The Police.

Also, landing on Minmus Apollo style, and make a rover entirely on Minmus surface with parts storaged in 4 KAS cages.

HBjCIwF.png

• 2 weeks later...

Most of us are probably very proud of something they did in KSP. I'm proud of the time when I orbited the Mun, flew past Minmus, and then finally landed close to the northern ice cap. What is your proudest moment in KSP?

First rescue mission. In Mun's orbit:D. I had to pick up a Kerbal that was thrown by bug off his lander during EVA. I managed to establish stable-ish orbit with his jetpack, but it was insanely inclined, highly elliptical, and closest rescue craft was still in VAB. That mission was more nerve-wracking than my first landing on Duna, but i felt so proud when rescuee was finally brought back home :)

Proudest moments would have to be first landing on Duna and the subsequent rescue mission to get my stranded Kerbal. Holy crap that first landing was a trip. I was sweating bullets trying to conserve fuel by waiting till the parachutes fully deployed to gauge how much power I'd have to use on landing. The size of the planet coupled with the thin atmosphere made that pretty nerve racking.

The rescue mission went quite well, and even had the extra fuel to stop by (and land on) Ike for a minute, but it was also my first interplanetary trip with a successful return.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.