CCP Custom Control Pad - Remote control KSP from your Touch device ! [Release]

L.J. Silver

Hi all, after a long development version 1.0 of our mobile application is finally available on the AppStore : CCP Custom Control Pad will be , Android version will come, but can't say anything more precise about it at the moment (other OS are being considered too, but we need to have a sense of the user reaction before dedicating resources to ports)

UPDATE : now compatible with KSP 1.3.1 

http://www.frozenpepper.it/CCP_Folder/CCPConnector(0.8).zip

Source code download link

While the app allows you to control every PC application and game, it can also to receive data from an APP or Game running on a PC / Mac, so being a huge KSP fan, i made a KSP plugin for it and this page is for it.

Here are some screenshots of the layouts you will find installed with the application to control KSP (you can create your custom ones and share them, you can also change every single aspect of your layouts graphics).

KPdFVLgl.png

niwJjjQl.png

Application Trailer :

Other modders can easily connect their mods to CCP and send data and controls to the app running on your mobile device(s).

CCP Custom Control Pad app is a PAID application (not the KSP plugin for it), it's in not limited to KSP and you can control all your games and applications with it (flight simulators gain a lot from it, pro applications become easier not having to remember shortcuts etc)… BUT we will release the app at a very special price (0.99$) so that the various communities (KSP mainly) can benefit from it at a very discounted price knowing about it before others..

wVIEcKfl.jpg

Great to support joysticks…

I'll try to find some time to make a KSP specific video tutorial….

in the meantime use this thread to ask questions about how it works, share opinions, feedback etc..

Here is the complete "Channel List" with all data that the plugin currently can transmit to your mobile device, CCP application can then "listen" to this channels and display data :

CH 0 = Altitude

CH 1 = actual time warp

CH 2 = Sas status

CH 3 = Speed

CH 4 = actual throttle

CH 5 = precision mode status (not working)

CH 6 = actual mission time

CH 7 = Universal time

CH 8 = Main Panel content

CH 9 = Main Panel Title

CH 10 = Vessel info // send separate info has to be on

CH 11 = Orbit info

CH 12 = body info

CH 13 = Electric charge // sending String and range value to use with indicators or simple labels

CH 14 = Liquid fuel

CH 15 = Oxidizer

CH 16 = Mono Prop

CH 17 = Air Intake

CH 18 = Current stage Liquid fuel

CH 19 = Current stage oxidizer

CH 20 = Vertical Speed

CH 21 = G force

CH 22 = RCS Status

CH 23 = Time to Apoapsis

CH 24 = Time to Periapsis

CH 25 = time to manoeuvre

CH 26 = General SolidFuel

CH 27 = Current stage SolidFuel

CH 28 = Resources info

CH 29 = DV to next manoeuvre node

CH 30 = Speed display mode

Plugin notes :

- the "send separate infos" checkbox in the plugin allows you to send the "main screen data" on 4 different channels (so to have all data always displayed).

- CCP plugin and FScience will very very soon receive an update allowing users to move the plugin buttons.. sorry for this but had very little time in the last period.

How to set up you own layouts :

- You can create your own layouts for KSP easily, and can share them with other users using the various export functions of CCP.

- IMPORTANT : to display data from KSP plugin in your layouts you have to set the "Master Channel Identifier" field to "KSP" in layout properties panel in CCP application.

Support : Email at [email protected] for support regarding the app.

Use this thread for feedback and to share your layouts and ways of use the plugin + application !

We have many plans to extend the types of data transmittable and displayable by CCP , and care a lot for your suggestions!

(you can check the pre-release thread here, it contains some great feedback from other users ).

License :

This code is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3 or newer, have fun with the code :wink:

(older updates)

UPDATE : now compatible with version 1.02 (and 1.0 I guess), stage resources are working back correctly !

http://www.frozenpepper.it/CCP_Folder/KSP_CCPConnector%280.6%29.zip

UPDATE : now compatible with version 0.9 and 0.25 !

Mod Download

KSP version 0.23 :

Plugin DOWNLOAD

Use older version of plugin in previous versions of KSP :

Plugin Download LINK

Edited by L.J. Silver

I have to report the first error, its in regards to the plugin. With plugin in I can't completely load game, it stops in middle of load and freezes. I don't know if this has any relevance, but this is where it freezes at:

KSPX/parts/pods/cl_large_observationModule/part/cl_large_observationModule

I haven't tried running plugin without KSPX, will give it a go. I do run a few mods or more.

I am running on windows 7.

Edit: When I removed KSPX folder it will stop somewhere else, this time NP mod.

Edit: Took KSPX and NP out, it will stop at squad stuff. Nothing to do with mods I think and the direction I think.

Edited by therealcrow999

Thanks for your feedback, have tried to replicate your problem, have a windows 7 pc, KSP latest version, installed KSPX and CCP mod, i COULD load everything correctly… Still investigating what it could be…

Could you please send me the "KSP.log" file which is in the KSP main folder ? Would probably help a lot

Edited by L.J. Silver

You have the KSP CCP Plugin installed (download from first post), then once in flight scene you have to "connect" to the server application. ReadMe file in plugin folder should explain how.

i've done all that. i can get it to work in the default layouts just not in the layout i made. mines stuck showing the orbit info

I have my ksp log turned off. Isn't there a way to create a log file with a hotkey, I never done that before.

Thanks for your feedback, have tried to replicate your problem, have a windows 7 pc, KSP latest version, installed KSPX and CCP mod, i COULD load everything correctly… Still investigating what it could be…

Could you please send me the "KSP.log" file which is in the KSP main folder ? Would probably help a lot

i've done all that. i can get it to work in the default layouts just not in the layout i made. mines stuck showing the orbit info

Ok, understood your problem. In the layout properties panel you have to set "Master Channel identifier" to "KSP", it will start working immediately after.

Not all of the buttons will work for me, nether the throttle or pitch/yaw will work, any one have an idea as to why? (I have windows 8)

Joysticks : joysticks have to be "set up" in Kerbal settings panel (accessible from main menu of game), (as a regular joystick).

Buttons : if you have set up some custom keyboard keys, you'll have to configure CCP layout corresponding buttons according to your changes. Also some buttons will work only with the KSP Plugin installed and connected (ex: the arrows to change screen data type).

Hope this helps

Edited by L.J. Silver

Well I downloaded it and it works great in and of itself, all the KSP functionality was fine and was pretty easy to set up. A problem I'm having though is that the CCP server program really screws with my computer when it's running - making some (seemingly random) programs unresponsive and preventing me from using Alt+Tab and other shortcuts (on the first attempt using I had to do a hard reboot as I couldn't even get task manager up). I'm on Windows 7 64bit by the way, can send a DxDiag if you'd like.

Edit - If there's somewhere else you'd prefer bug reports/feedback I'll happily oblige.

I'm seeing some of the same issues with the server or the KSP plug-in. The windows key no longer works and the ESC key is also hit or miss. In windows if you expand the panel to find the port number there is no way to close out the notification box and it seems to not allow the closing of any other panels that are popped up.

From the iPad app I have found the following:

1. I can't get the joysticks for the pitch, yaw, roll or translation working. The JS for the camera works fine.

2. The displayed date value don't always work.

3. Some of the buttons are intermittent. The ship cycle works only some times.

One function I find really irritating is the finger swipe to bring up the "Games" selection panel. Any swipe across the screen for a joystick or the Roll function will bring up the "Games" panel which ends up covering most of the display. It caused me to miss a couple of critically timed actions like killing thrust and changing the time warp.

All in all it is a decent start but needs work. The spelling should also be checked throughout the app. I also wasn't able to get it out of the panel edit mode.

Could we PLEASE get some tutorials for making custom skins and layouts with the JAVA tool? It doesn't have to be much, just somewhere to start, or even some existing layouts that we can load in so we can see how it was done.

You can create your layouts directly in CCP Application on mobile device, remember that to use the data displaying functionalities you have to set up the "Master Channel Identifier" field to "KSP" in the layout settings panel in CCP.

About skins, check this link : http://www.frozenpepper.it/?p=1205 it contains an example skin you can load in the CCP Skinner application.

About lag and buttons misbehaving, we have detected some conflicts with other plugins which cause errors and lags. Working on this, in the meantime you can email us ([email protected]) your KSP log files (in KSP main folder) so that we can give a look at what went wrong.

We have just released an updated Server application (can be downloaded following links from www.frozenpepper.it/ccp).

New CCP Server brings :

- Fixed a bug at connection time that could prevent some devices from connecting correctly

- Fixed bug at connection time that could cause immediate disconnection

Windows Only fixes :

- Task bar CCP Server window now behaves correctly

- Changed installer, paved the way for easier updates.

Let me know of any problems.

We have just released an updated Server application (can be downloaded following links from www.frozenpepper.it/ccp).

New CCP Server brings :

- Fixed a bug at connection time that could prevent some devices from connecting correctly

- Fixed bug at connection time that could cause immediate disconnection

Windows Only fixes :

- Task bar CCP Server window now behaves correctly

- Changed installer, paved the way for easier updates.

Let me know of any problems.

Android Release?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just bought the app and I can't get it to work. When I am in KSP some buttons work (rcs,sas,camera,...) but the data screen, velocity, fuel and other gauges do not work, not even joystick configuration. I have downloaded the latest server, plugin and configured them (same port and master key name). Maybe plugin is not updated for 0.23? Can users using this app and plugin check if they have problems?

Hello,

I have the same problem here too. Throttle, pitch and yaw controls dont seem to work. No info is displayed about the flight such as fuel levels, speed mission time ect. I am also running version 0.23 of ksp.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.