CCP Custom Control Pad - Remote control KSP from your Touch device ! [Release]

L.J. Silver

I thought that you could not sell or advertise anything paid related to KSP addons.

Also:

-Your plugin must not edit, delete, or create files outside of the KSP installation folder. This will, again, help protect user privacy and avoid destructive behavior.

-Do not pop up ads or install additional software.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/7529-Plugin-Posting-Rules-And-Official-Documentation

I believe that this mod might require a sort of special licence to be distributed.

Edited by tetryds

I thought that you could not sell or advertise anything paid related to KSP addons.

Also:

-Your plugin must not edit, delete, or create files outside of the KSP installation folder. This will, again, help protect user privacy and avoid destructive behavior.

-Do not pop up ads or install additional software.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/7529-Plugin-Posting-Rules-And-Official-Documentation

I believe that this mod might require a sort of special licence to be distributed.

It's possible that the Mod itself could be freely available but the app could be paid. IANAL, nor have I studied the mod licensing arrangement so take this with a grain of NaCl.

Also: Cannot wait for the android version! I would really like to be able to get mod data to/from the app, specifically FAR (air density, terminal velocity), MechJeb/Engineer (all the nifty data goodies, and possibly a few MechJeb workings such as the maneuver planner and Smart ASS), and Remote Tech (Mission Control connectivity as well as the ability to change dish targets and activate/deactivate antennas and dishes, the control computer would be helpful too, though I generally use MechJeb for this).

Edited by StarkRG

There was an issue which prevented the mod from working with latest version of KSP 0.23, fixed. new download link (requires KSP version 0.23, use previous versions on older KSP installs)

About licensing…. the Plugin / mod is free and source code is available. Also the plugin doesn't create / edit/ delete files and it will not install additional software. CCP is an IOS application which does way more than letting you control KSP , if you want you install it , but is separate from KSP.

Also, LITE (free) version of CCP is available on AppStore, all functions are available but you are limited to 1 "custom" layout and the "default skin" only.

• 2 weeks later...
About licensing…. the Plugin / mod is free and source code is available. Also the plugin doesn't create / edit/ delete files and it will not install additional software. CCP is an IOS application which does way more than letting you control KSP , if you want you install it , but is separate from KSP.

Also, LITE (free) version of CCP is available on AppStore, all functions are available but you are limited to 1 "custom" layout and the "default skin" only.

I think this is pretty clear and understandable but anyway let me structure it a bit:

There are three things involved here:

1. CCP Custom Control Pad iOS App. "The App"

2. "The Server" that you need to install on your computer in order to comunicate with "The App".

3. "The KSP plugin" sends data from the game to "The server", and from there to "The App".

Now, "The App" has very little to do with KSP as L.J. Silver says above. So you PAY for that.

"The server" comes along with "The App". Its FREE and necessary. Without it you are going nowhere.

"The KSP plugin" is also FREE. No need to explain why...:P. You CAN use CCP without this in KSP but some features wont be available..

Hope this helps a bit.:wink::D

Edited by Persa
spelling mistake

Still works on .23 using iPad2, that mod is a very nice gimmick^^

It needed some fiddeling and assignment but then it somehow just worked =)

Im just having one problem so far:

Thrust is bound to "axis6" - when I switch from docking mode to flight it takes the "+/- 0" as +50% and throttels my ship half way up o.O

Seems to be an issue as in docking the same axis is used for translation...

Im aware its a CCP issue or my config and not the mod itself,

so - has anyone had this same problem and can recommend a solution/workaround (other than not use docking mode)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm totally lost. I got the KSP plugin, I downloaded and installed the Windows CCP Server. I connected the plugin to the port given in the systray. Then on my iPad I went and downloaded CCP Lite. I figured out how to connect to the PC, and I can copy paste between them. BUT NOW WHAT????

Where's the awesome beautiful control pad from the screen shots?? Do I have to download a "Layout" for KSP? How do I do that exactly???

So I figured maybe the KSP layout was only in the paid app, which was $2.99. The video made this look totally awesome so I went ahead and bought it.

Bit I still can't find the KSP layout!!

HELP! ;.;

EDIT!

OK, panic mode over. I found the layout browser. They need to redesign the app, it's hidden. Have to drag from left edge of screen. Then go to Games and KSP.

EDIT 2:

OK, buttons and readouts are working, but the ship joystick controls are not, cannot roll/translate/pitch/yaw or throttle. Any ideas?

EDIT 3:

OK, so you also have to go into KSP's input controls setting screen and set each axis with the control on the iPad. Man, I know if I wasn't such a compu-geek I'd have never figured it out. Then again I probably wouldn't be playing KSP either. :P

I think this is pretty clear and understandable but anyway let me structure it a bit:

There are three things involved here:

1. CCP Custom Control Pad iOS App. "The App"

2. "The Server" that you need to install on your computer in order to comunicate with "The App".

3. "The KSP plugin" sends data from the game to "The server", and from there to "The App".

Now, "The App" has very little to do with KSP as L.J. Silver says above. So you PAY for that.

"The server" comes along with "The App". Its FREE and necessary. Without it you are going nowhere.

"The KSP plugin" is also FREE. No need to explain why...:P. You CAN use CCP without this in KSP but some features wont be available..

Hope this helps a bit.:wink::D

Edited by capran

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.