[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Ok Blizzy, I don't spend much time in this section of the forum, but if I'm gonna fix it, then I might as well do it direct.

Your mod... really... sucks. I really dislike it. But my biggest problem with it, is the fact that it is required by so many mods.

One of my other biggest problems with it, is that your mod is always in the middle of what I need. I'm trying to land or dock, and your toolbar is in the way. I try to move it, and I can't find the pixel, that I need to use to grab it. Also, every time I use it, my game lags significantly. Moreover, it gets larger and larger with the number of mods, again obscuring my view. Every time I boot up KSP, it is in the same place it was when I got the mod, in my face, in the middle. Buttons sometimes don't work at all, or worse yet, crash the game (no its not the mods, its the toolbar).

So. Whats been fixed... because I'm tempted to lose a good mod I'm wanting because it requires this mod...

This was not supposed to be mean, but rather getting my point across.

I just downloaded the new version of toolbar and even though it works, i get an incompatibility error at startup.

What does it say? That the toolbar mod is incompatible? That just means they need to update it for .24, the mod has it written somewhere that it's for .23.5, not .24. It's a number somewhere in the mod. Happens to me too with MechJeb and Deadly Re-entry (and KAS from what I've heard).

Ok Blizzy, I don't spend much time in this section of the forum, but if I'm gonna fix it, then I might as well do it direct.

(..)

I'm sure there's a nicer and/or more constructive way to put this. Try to find that goldilocks zone next time please

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess.
I'm sure there's a nicer and/or more constructive way to put this. Try to find that goldilocks zone next time please

As I said in the end, I was trying to be honest, not offensive in any way... but, is your mod just hating me? Or Am I just an idiot using it the wrong way? All my points are valid and recurring... so, any ideas?

Or Am I just an idiot using it the wrong way?

Dont ask questions you dont want the answer to...

I cant help you with any performance issues... but if youre finding the tool bar in the way... move it to the edge of the screen and then tell it to auto hide there... and it'll slide away until you mouse over it to use it.

Please (to users), spam request that Squad allow us to optionally hide their interface items (especially the toolbar but also many other things). That way we can rely on Blizzy's bar, which is superior in many ways, to provide our interface to the stock features and information.

• 2 months later...
this mod screws up the Kethane mod. how do i fix this?
Please elaborate?

Keep it clean people... what two perfectly mature mods to with one another behind closed doors is their own business... until we get the hidden cameras installed.

I have a steam install and i have just added the toolbar and mechjeb these are the only 2 mods and its not showing up at all and I am getting the nag screen as well. I am using it in sandbox mode on a normal setting

Edited by Virtualgenius

It looks like the issue is being caused by the KSP compatibility check that is used by several plugins from a range of authors. The behavior of this checking has changed in newer versions, and if any third-party plugin (FAR, for example) is using a newer version than the one in the Toolbar Plugin, that would cause problems.

Please hang on while my fellow plugin developers and I are working on it.

I'm not sure if I already suggested this, but I'd really like to see an option to allow the toolbar to be a drawer in the stock toolbar.

Obviously, players should be allowed to configure their toolbar(s) how they like, and they shouldn't be forced to use this option, but it would be a nice option to have.

I did something and now the toolbar is missing. Is it possible it is offscreen somehow? How would I reset this.

Just wiped everything clean. Just looks like 1.7.7 doesnt work for me.

Could it have something to do with x64 linux?

Edited by UAL002