[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

• 5 weeks later...
When is "shortly" for you? This warning that it is not compatible with 1.0.4 is more than annoying ...

Please fix it if you continue supporting your toolbar.

While you may not have meant to seem incredibly rude and demanding ... (which is the way I read it) ... in the future you may try to exercise more tact.

Modders make mods for themselves first and foremost. They see something that they want to change ... and spend a lot of their free time (read unpaid by anyone) to make it how they envision it to be.

THEN they might share it with the rest of us. Comments like this come across as being self-entitled. "I want to use this mod, so get rid of this part that is annoying me NOW". You aren't entitled to anything. You can choose not to use this mod. You can choose to submit a pull request via Github to get it fixed to your preference. You can choose to fork the mod and fix what you think is wrong. But what is incredibly ... shortsighted ... is to "demand" someone else spend their free (unpaid) time to modify a mod to suit you.

If it bothers you that much, fix it yourself. Otherwise, ask *politely and considerately* when an update might be expected. Or even better ... why not offer to donate X amount to the mod author to "expedite" your request instead of feeling entitled? You want it? Pay them to fix it "now" instead of "when they have the leisure time to get around to fixing a minor warning message when the mod still works just fine in the current version of the game".

~M~

Edited by Mynar Moonshadow

• 4 weeks later...

Well said, Mynar Moonshadow...

And I would like to add, that is comments like that from the very few bad apples are what can ruin it for everyone else, who DOES appreciate the FREE work and time that people put into what they are nice enough to share with the rest of us... I KNOW there have already been cases where someone has quit updating, sharing, and even making mods for all of us, just because of demands and comments like those...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

How can I tell if a button is currently being shown?  I need to know so that if it isn't being shown, I can show it on the standard toolbar (I'm taking over another mod and need to do this until I can implement some sort of config screen).

I tried using the iButton.EffectivelyVisible, but that didn't seem to do it.

Thanks

LGG

32 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi,

How can I tell if a button is currently being shown?  I need to know so that if it isn't being shown, I can show it on the standard toolbar (I'm taking over another mod and need to do this until I can implement some sort of config screen).

I tried using the iButton.EffectivelyVisible, but that didn't seem to do it.

Thanks

LGG

While I'd like to know this, it's not urgent.  I'll just let the mod use the toolbar if it's there, and if not then it will just use the stock toolbar

Hi blizzy78,

good job with the toolbar.

Since the release of 1.1 it's just not working for me anymore. There is just no indication I have the mod installed, meaning I can't configure it. Some mods like Kerbal alarm clock show up in the generic toolbar by squad while others don't show up at all.

I already tried a clean reinstall of KSP with just the toolbar and Kerbal alarm clock installed. But KAC still goes to the generic toolbar and there is no sign of yours. Did I miss something oder is there a way I can fix this?

Open KAC window, then click on the Settings button (little wrench icon.) Then on the General tab, set App Button to Common Toolbar. Having done so, KAC's button becomes available to the Toolbar Plugin via the Configure Visible Buttons menu option.

Bug report: I'm not sure if this is because of the recent string of patches and updates, but whenever I enter then exit map mode, it moves my toolbar to the right edge of the screen (when I had it been else where before).

Here's a log if you need one (it's a mess, sorry). Linux, 64.

Let me know if you need more info; it's a 100% of the time at the moment (I have the latest verision of the toolbar).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Toolbar Plugin 1.7.13 is now available for download.

Note: If your browser shows an older version on the download page, please refresh.

Plugin developers should update ToolbarWrapper.cs in their projects to prevent certain errors.

@blizzy78

Cant Download. Gives me a 404 error

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

www.blizzy.de
Apache/2.4.6 (Linux/SUSE)

Edited by Starslinger999

7 hours ago, Starslinger999 said:

@blizzy78

Cant Download. Gives me a 404 error

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

www.blizzy.de
Apache/2.4.6 (Linux/SUSE)

Notice Me Senpai