[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Here's a little update, I made the text based MJ buttons, similar to those seen in aircraft real cockpits. The players will be able to chose between the text variant or the picture icon variant. And I just started correcting the tint of the icons to match KSP gui label color to better match and improve visibility on the optional KSP skin style

you can see in the picture the first row icons are old tint that I matched according to Kerbal clock icon, and the MJ's text buttons are the new tint (except RVR AP)

The "active" buttons will have a white icon with a slight glow around (like the crew manifest in the picture)

http://i.imgur.com/tn8nSQn.png

Nice Nothke, out of interest whats the 3rd icon on the top row (the one that looks like some meters) and what font are you using - I like it :)

Nice Nothke, out of interest whats the 3rd icon on the top row (the one that looks like some meters) and what font are you using - I like it :)

It's my take on KSPARP. I guess you missed it in previous posts, I made it after I actually suggested a barrel icon.

The font I am using is Bebas Neue. You can find it on dafont.com I think. Very clean and technical looking, I used it for traffic signs earlier I think. but I didn't know how it would look on such tiny icons, and it actually looks good.

I was trying to find something more like this in modern airplanes, technical, clean, readable, but couldn't find something similar so Bebas Neue is a good replacement.

4ssNL89l.jpg?1

Edited by nothke

It's my take on KSPARP. I guess you missed it in previous posts, I made it after I actually suggested a barrel icon.

The font I am using is Bebas Neue. You can find it on dafont.com I think. Very clean and technical looking, I used it for traffic signs earlier I think. but I didn't know how it would look on such tiny icons, and it actually looks good.

I was trying to find something more like this in modern airplanes, technical, clean, readable, but couldn't find something similar so Bebas Neue is a good replacement.

http://i.imgur.com/4ssNL89l.jpg?1

Ah, I see it now, yep, missed that one. I'll PM you to get a copy as I do like that one, I have one other idea, and I'll compare em. Ta

It seems that this mod crashes my game whenever I try to go to the launchpad. I'm on Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit. Using the 64-bit executable actually makes it worse, but that's to be expected.

It happened when using Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit, as well. The only mod that seems to do this is this mod. Removing it makes the game work properly, but removes the ability to use Ferram Aerospace Research's menus.

Added toolbar support to my plugin RSCBuildAid. Regarding camoceltic's issue, I use Ubuntu too (13.10 though) and I have no crashes at all, so IMO the problem is with another plugin in combination with the toolbar. I would try disabling the other plugins and see what happens.

Nothke, please post a psd so we can pull the colors you're using for on/off and the outer glow for use on our own icon sets. We want our icons to match in the toolbar. And which font is that?

Yeah, I will, I have all the layers set up to work like that, just blending the color layers on top. I have to just refine the effects a bit.

Suggested toolbar functionality:

All add-ons with dependency or option for Toolbar have their icons made available in a 'toolbar icon set repository' (like the Firefox list of icons when customizing its toolbar). From drop-down menu, click "Customize" (unlock shape & position and unlock icon position functions are combined on "Customize"). The available icon set list shows up (with two buttons - "Add New Toolbar" and "Done"). Then drag and drop icons to the toolbar(s). Adjust their position(s) and/or the shape(s) and position(s) of the toolbar(s). Click "Done" in the icon set list window to finish customizing.

Get the double-horizontal-arrow or double-diagonal-arrow when mousing over border of toolbar(s) to indicate you can change size/shape. Place anchor points at 1/3 & 2/3 positions for mouse over to switch to the 'you can move the toolbar' icon.

After this fine toolbar is tweaked, I'd like to see something like the MCM for Skyrim/Fallout3 made for all the addons and stock options in Kerbal. One button on the Toolbar (same as any other toolbar icon set) to open/close the MCM (MCM with tabs to set options for all the add-ons). Each mod maker makes their own MCM plugin to set the options in their config.

Got it working for KerbalMultiPlayer (requested on our issue tracker). That's one of the easiest things I've added to KMP so far :)

I should have looked how others did the colour style, I just used the colour off update-available.tga. Oh well, it's only an initial pull request to test the waters...

Hello, I have a small issue. There are two separate toolbars (I have a lot of mods installed) and most of them use one bar but Crew Manifest and Kethane use their own bar, is there a way to get all the buttons to use the same bar?

Hello, I have a small issue. There are two separate toolbars (I have a lot of mods installed) and most of them use one bar but Crew Manifest and Kethane use their own bar, is there a way to get all the buttons to use the same bar?

Please check that there is exactly one Toolbar.dll that lives in GameData\000_Toolbar\. Delete any other Toolbar.dll you can find.

Blizzy, since that's obviously your most common question/problem, have you considered handling it like Majiir's comparability checker? I'm not staring at it at the moment, but it seems like it would solve to multiple dll problem. You could also have it pop up a message notifying the user that there are duplicate installations (maybe even list where they are?). Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Toolbar pluging crash the 0.23 KSP in linux system. I cant use a toolbar button or mission control mod or any mod. if im using this toolbar. This plugin is incompatible.

[WRN 01:23:56.891] File '/home/valvoja/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/../GameData/toolbar-settings.dat' does not exist

Does this still support text-based icons as alternatives to images? I've been trying to set

myIButton = ToolbarManager.Instance.add("myButton", "myButton");

myIButton.Text = "myString";

which seems to be valid, according to the API, but nothing shows up in the toolbar. It works fine if I set TexturePath instead.