It is not underground anymore [Spoiler]

MalfunctionM1Ke

Allthough... I dont thing that posting Eastereggs is spoiling anything. People want to see something like this with their own eyes.

I present to you.... The Curiosity Rover-Cam on Duna.

It was once implemented, then it was said, that the Cam was buried.

So I went there to take stock.

If you want to visit it, make sure you turned off Terrain-Scatter ;)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Pyramids. Spoilers, obviously (don't want to get yelled at again for direct posting spoiler images)

That's with scatter on, medium level, I think, and terrain at high. Going to have to see if low terrain detail makes a difference. There's also a monolith on the Mun that's underground.

Just did a quick test, it seems terrain detail does effect whether the anomalies are visible or not. Looking at the one on the Mun, with detail set to low, the monolith was floating; at default, just the top was sticking out of the ground; at high detail, it was well underground. Also found out that any flags you have planted are effected by the terrain detail setting as well. The flag I had at that monolith site was disconnected from the ground when I changed detail settings, it's now just laying there instead of "planted", so be aware of that if you go changing the terrain detail, any flags you visit will be uprooted.

More testing later, seems the pyramids are underground no matter what, so terrain detail isn't going to help you there. Also, not all flags are effected by terrain detail changes, so take your chances with that.

Edited by Dweller_Benthos
more info

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.