The NODE (Version 1)

Epsilon

*Vince Offer imitation* Hi it\'s Epsilon here with the Epsnode.

Anywho, it\'s a nonreusable part node, much like the ones seen on the ISS. Stick stuff onto stuff to make space stations!

Please note this will ONLY work on versions 0.13.1 and above, due to an update that HarvesteR generously implemented to make this possible.

It may not be the prettiest thing to look at, and with time I will make a fancier model. More importantly, it functions! A little finagling may be required, but the parts should just snap right onto it.

This mod is a collaborative mod, with the updates to the game made possible by HarvesteR, the request by Technoguy33 (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=5143.0), the error analysis and diagnosis by Tiberion(he actually made sense of what was wrong with the part initially) and lastly me, Epsilon for creating the awful first config file and this model of the part. If I left anyone important out or should say something else about them, let me know.

The part in action:

vuK7e.jpg

tZe61.png

OxVvQ.png

Thank MC3Craze for the download button.

Absolutely beautiful, but how does fuelflow work? Is it distributed evenly somehow, or do I need to get used to having dozens of fuel lines?

Dozens of fuel lines, made of corrugated drain pipe and duck tape! This is Kerbal after all!

Absolutely beautiful, but how does fuelflow work? Is it distributed evenly somehow, or do I need to get used to having dozens of fuel lines?

Its going to behave in the standard way, where each child connection can draw from its parent, but not vice versa

So it\'ll start with the very 1st tank below the capsule, and all 5 engines will drain it.

When empty, the main engine on the middle will start draining the one just above it, and then 4 side engines each will begin draining the horizontal tank on their 'arm'

The main engine will burn out and the 4 side engines begin draining their final tank, and then burnout.

This all counts on the nodes having fuel flow turned ON. Personally, it might be better to be OFF by default and use fuel lines, but I haven\'t considered all of the uses yet.

I just had a thought; it may be possible to get the game to recognize this node as a command pod. I\'ll have to look deeper into the cfg file tomorrow.

Actually that would be quite easy, and might be quite desirable depending on how the upcoming persistence of ships works.

Thanks guys, I\'m glad to contribute something for everyone.

It would be a relatively simple matter of just making a copy of the part and tweaking it to have fuel flowable and non fuel flowable as well.

I decided to use this for a mun lander, yet to make something that can get this lander into orbit, much less the moon.

I\'ve also figured for something this big I needed to get a larger RCS tank since stacking is pretty iffy at times and putting radials on something this far from the COG could cause issues. So I made a stock fuel tank into an RCS tank.

Also, with for LT-45\'s it can launch and survive a landing on Kerbin.

That wasn\'t too hard. If you want the .cfg, just ask for it.

Now, what I would like, is to have the DerpCo habitation module (with windows) as a fuel tank. That would be beautiful.

Someone asked for the .cfg, so here it is.

name = Docking Node Pod
module = CommandPod
author = Epsilon

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = dockingnode.DAE
scale = 1
texture = dockingnodetex.png
specPower = 0.1
rimFalloff = 3
alphaCutoff = 0.0

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_stack_top = 0, 0.7743, 0, 0, 1, 0
node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.7743, 0, 0, 1, 0
node_stack_sideX1 = 0.7743, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0
node_stack_sideX2 = -0.7743, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0
node_stack_sideZ1 = 0, 0, 0.7743, 0, 0, -1
node_stack_sideZ2 = 0, 0, -0.7743, 0, 0, 1
// --- FX definitions ---

// --- editor parameters ---
cost = 100
category = 1
subcategory = 0
title = Space Station Pod Alpha
//manufacturer = Epetech Industries LLC
description = A space station node pod. Now, you don\'t need an unsightly pod!

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,0,1,0,1
stackSymmetry = 1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 1
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.3
minimum_drag = 0.3
angularDrag = 3
crashTolerance = 40
maxTemp = 3400
fuelCrossFeed = True

// --- pod/rcs parameters ---