A Map of Kerbin (Not-Roleplay)

Tommy99534

So, I asked a moderator and he said this was fine. Basically all I want to do is create a map of Kerbin with different countries. This is NOT ROLEPLAY. All you do is you draw where your theoretical country would be, you make a flag and a name, and your done. Nothing beyond that. No wars, no government, nothing. This is just for fun so when you land somewhere you can say "Oh, look, I landed in the Republic of x!" Role play is strictly forbidden on the forum, and any post that involve role play will be reported. Apply beneath, only with where your country is, a flag for it, and its name. You will not write anything about your country. This is mainly for people writing AARs with space age themes so they can have some countries to give characteristics to. For example, if you write an AAR and you want to have a few countries that have tension or conflict with each other, you can use this map to see if you want to use any countries on the map. Apply below and I will reply if you are accepted or not. One final thing, there will be a few continents just to group countries in a certain area. Same thing with countries, no war, just grouping certain countries together. For continents you will make a flag, but again this is only so people writing AARs can have flags for if they create unions of countries so they can make certain countries allied with each other. Basically the continental flags will be if people writing AARs want to make something like the European Union in their AAR. If you want to name a continent, write the name and put the flag undearneath and I might accept it. Area that the continents will have is predetermined.

Map:

d5ax4gU.png

Final rule: Please save your map with your country as a .png for the ease of use of the paint bucket. Only .png files will be accepted.

Changelog:

Cape Corn added

United Republic of Kerbria added

Empire of Tomania added

Republic of Karkow added

IIlandil Peninsula added

Empire of Ketra added

Transian Empire

DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to edit the territorial claims of any countries. (Although I'll probably contact the owner of the country before I do so.)

DISCLAIMER 2: I reserve the right to delete any countries or landmarks.

One last thing: You can apply for multiple countries just no claiming more land. EX: You claim an island as a country. Then you go back and have another idea for a name and flag. You can reapply as long as it's not the same country.

New Rule:

Enclaves and Exclaves are allowed as long as they don't overlap another persons country without their permission and they aren't too far from the mainland. Also countries now are allowed to cross oceans as long as their only crossing a small portion of it such as this:

NpQAsRP.png

Edited by Tommy99534

Just to clarify since the first post has poor structure:

• This is NOT a roleplay. Posts written in any recognizable roleplaying style are to be reported to the moderation team for removal.
  • We are making a map of Kerbin with names and places marked.
  • This is purely for entertainment, although you may elect to use this map on your own time for your own stories.
  • Applications to name a landmark or a location must not include histories or descriptions. We are simply mapping names to places.

Name: The Empire of Ketra

Flag: http://i.imgur.com/S8RD6w8.jpg

This sounds like a fun and quick project :)

EDIT: New images posted because I am bad at reading. Thanks to Tommy for helping me understand the issue.

Also, Zerois, you probably had the same problem as I did (since it looks like you used my map, which I screwed up), so I've added your country as best as I could manage to my re-submitted map as well.

Edited by chaltak

Kerbin is a lot smaller than your map implies. Kerbin itself would fit inside the Continental US if you sat it on the surface of Earth. "Continent 1" is maybe 400km wide by 500km high. That's smaller than Texas.

What you have listed as "continents" are more country-sized. Maybe if you're generous 1 2 and 3 would be one continent, 4 5 and 6 another, and 7 and 8 could each be their own.

EDIT:

Here's a map of Earth, with a map of Kerbin TO SCALE superimposed over it.

earth_vs_kerbin.jpg

Edited by 5thHorseman

Kerbin is a lot smaller than your map implies. Kerbin itself would fit inside the Continental US if you sat it on the surface of Earth. "Continent 1" is maybe 400km wide by 500km high. That's smaller than Texas.

What you have listed as "continents" are more country-sized. Maybe if you're generous 1 2 and 3 would be one continent, 4 5 and 6 another, and 7 and 8 could each be their own.

EDIT:

Here's a map of Earth, with a map of Kerbin TO SCALE superimposed over it.

earth_vs_kerbin.jpg

The idea is that there will be alot of countries, and countries can go across continental borders.

Sure, the continents marked are more country sized but that's relative to the Earth. Relative to Kerbin, these continents are quite large and take up a bit of land and some of the continents might be political boundaries rather than geographical boundaries.

So, I asked a moderator and he said this was fine. Basically all I want to do is create a map of Kerbin with different countries. This is NOT ROLEPLAY. All you do is you draw where your theoretical country would be, you make a flag and a name, and your done. Nothing beyond that. No wars, no government, nothing. This is just for fun so when you land somewhere you can say "Oh, look, I landed in the Republic of x!" Role play is strictly forbidden on the forum, and any post that involve role play will be reported. Apply beneath, only with where your country is, a flag for it, and its name. You will not write anything about your country. This is mainly for people writing AARs with space age themes so they can have some countries to give characteristics to. For example, if you write an AAR and you want to have a few countries that have tension or conflict with each other, you can use this map to see if you want to use any countries on the map. Apply below and I will reply if you are accepted or not. One final thing, there will be a few continents just to group countries in a certain area. Same thing with countries, no war, just grouping certain countries together. For continents you will make a flag, but again this is only so people writing AARs can have flags for if they create unions of countries so they can make certain countries allied with each other. Basically the continental flags will be if people writing AARs want to make something like the European Union in their AAR. If you want to name a continent, write the name and put the flag undearneath and I might accept it. Area that the continents will have is predetermined.

Map:

KqNGBSm.png

Final rule: Please save your map with your country as a .png for the ease of use of the paint bucket. Only .png files will be accepted.

Changelog:

Cape Corn added

If I read this correctly, you kinda arbitrarily decide whats what and we are supposed to agree? And then fun ensues?

LGKy3cz.png

This should be okay?

EDIT : name and lines are big because I didn't fool around on paint. Tell me if I need to make the text and the border smaller and I will.

DOUBLE EDIT : Also if it is too big.

You know there is a text-tool in paint right?

No. I shall change my post soon.

EDIT : As soon as I know how to perfectly add color to the map.

Edited by Sesni

Also, I'll accept all of these but THEY MUST BE IN PNG FORMAT. Just redraw the country from the original map and save it as a png. Otherwise if its a jpg, it will have slightly diffrent colors each pixels making paintbucket hard to use to fill in a country.

snip

That is, so far, the best flag. I like it :)

If I read this correctly, you kinda arbitrarily decide whats what and we are supposed to agree? And then fun ensues?

We submit areas, flags, and names, and he puts together a map. It's a crowdsourced mapping project that's meant to be fun and not take more than a few minutes of time. What's wrong with that?

I know this is somewhat off topic, nor am I really into such things, but why no RP on the forums? No story so people argue on what's what? It screws with the game's main goal? People get too obsessive and annoy others? I assume there was a role play thread that caused an uproar. That could be an interesting story to hear. ...or sensitive one. Hmm.

I know this is somewhat off topic, nor am I really into such things, but why no RP on the forums? No story so people argue on what's what? It screws with the game's main goal? People get too obsessive and annoy others? I assume there was a role play thread that caused an uproar. That could be an interesting story to hear. ...or sensitive one. Hmm.

There was, then one of the mods closed it because of too much drama. Later a separate Kerbal RP forum opened. Don't know the story of that, but it's closed for now.

http://play.kerbalroleplay.com/

Map:

KqNGBSm.png

Changelog:

Cape Corn added

Your continents make no sense. Continent 1, 2 and 3 should all be one continent, 5 and 4 have no obvious borders either, and continent 6 is really just a peninsula, way too small to be a continent. I don't really get how you determined the borders.