[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Hello,

I've a small bug to report using ksp 0.24.2 and ARP 2.4.3.0 : switching to the new launcher icon make the basic button disapear but the "active area" which make the window to popup on mouseover stay.

Here is the output_log with a very simple test.

Given the width of the resource window, I like the idea of it presenting left-most. Using 2.4.2.0 I have it set so that it is always visible while in flight, and moved over enough to the left that I can still open the contracts view without it being obstructed. Is this preserved in the newer version?

Hello,

I've a small bug to report using ksp 0.24.2 and ARP 2.4.3.0 : switching to the new launcher icon make the basic button disapear but the "active area" which make the window to popup on mouseover stay.

Here is the output_log with a very simple test.

Interesting behaviour, I must have missed a check, Will look into it when I get a sec

Given the width of the resource window, I like the idea of it presenting left-most. Using 2.4.2.0 I have it set so that it is always visible while in flight, and moved over enough to the left that I can still open the contracts view without it being obstructed. Is this preserved in the newer version?

The window positioning /locking stuff has not changed, although if you use the AppLauncher button it will act like the other apps - only one visible at a time. I can add some tweaking if that doesnt suit

The window positioning /locking stuff has not changed, although if you use the AppLauncher button it will act like the other apps - only one visible at a time. I can add some tweaking if that doesnt suit

I also liked to move the ARP window and have the contracts window open at the same time. I think an option in the settings (mutually exclusive/not mutually exclusive) would be best- that way we can have our resource panel+contracts window, but others who leave it in the original position can have it function like the stock resource panel instead of unhelpfully covering up other toolbar windows.

Hmmm 2.4.3.0 don't seem to work for me... gives crashes when i try to switch to a vessel... 2.4.2.0 seems to work nominal :D

Can you give some more info: 32-but or 64-bit, errors in the log - or a copy of the log file, a copy of the save that does this so I can see it too?

Can you give some more info: 32-but or 64-bit, errors in the log - or a copy of the log file, a copy of the save that does this so I can see it too?

Ok switching back to new version and try to give some more infos... sorry for the burp of infos, more to come! :D

Edit: OK... switched back... and no problems whatsoever with ARP, maybe it was just some savegame thingy? but anyway,if you sill like to have a look at the crash reports from yesterday there they are

Edited by StainX

Ok switching back to new version and try to give some more infos... sorry for the burp of infos, more to come! :D

Edit: OK... switched back... and no problems whatsoever with ARP, maybe it was just some savegame thingy? but anyway,if you sill like to have a look at the crash reports from yesterday there they are

Looked through the logs and can see that it looks like 64-bit windows with a bunch o mods. There do seem to be quite a few instances of 64-bit and Mods having random crashes, and from what I've read it doesnt seem to be one Mod in particular, but a mix of mods. In this log just before it crashes you can see a bunch of errors about SCANSat, it losing access to FAR a couple of times then the crash. I think this is one of the lovely 64-bit bugs thats not specific to a single mod unfortunately. I hope you dont see it again

v2.5.0.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* * Once it's approved

So a few things in this one - heres the change list:

• Fixed issue where basic button position triggers hover (Issue #40)
  • Changed default button behaviour for new installs - now App Launcher button (Issue#39)
  • Added App Launcher Button Exclusivity as an option (Issue #41)
  • Added Window Movement Detection code and saving position after moves (Issue #42)
  • Updated and added icons for a number of packs (Issue #27 and Issue #22)
  • Added option for replacing Stock Resources App (Issue #8)

There are two bigger visual bits here, firstly I updated a chunk of the icons for some that were missing since new resources came along. You can see em all on the manual pages. I didnt get the Station Science ones in as I ran out of time to PM the owner because of the time I spent on the next bit. I'll do it in a bit

Secondly you can now replace the Stock Resources Display with the Alternate Resource Panel - yes you read that right. To do this you change the Button style under the Visuals section of the settings and it will overwrite the functions on the button as Jim advised. The App's display behaviour will behave like the stock one in that mode - locked in the top right and only one app displaying at a time

Two Notes about the AppLauncher

• An important thing to note is that if you have set it to replace the stock app and then you change it back to another button type it is not possible for the button to be reset the original app - it will be reset on the next time you enter the flight scene. Please dont log that as a bug - I am asking about it, but theres nothing I can do.
  • Similarly when you change the Mutually Exclusive option this will not be set up properly until you toggle any Apps that were on - probably best to check the behaviour after entering flight mode again

Just wanted to take a moment to say thanks for making this plugin. I love it! From day one I wanted a way to view how much fuel is left in each stage. The only issue I have (and I think it's been mentioned before) is that if you have a normal rocket engine and an SRB running at the same time, it only shows solid fuel from the SRB, while leaving the LF/OX stage panel looking empty. Once the SRB burns out then and only then will it show LF/OX in that stage. Not really a big deal for me though. Thanks again!

Thanks for the great mod! One thing, isn't there a way to keep the panel open on scene changes? I think that is how it worked in previous versions, but now it disappears on every ship change or quickload, and since I usually want the resource panel open it adds a click every time.

Just wanted to take a moment to say thanks for making this plugin. I love it! From day one I wanted a way to view how much fuel is left in each stage. The only issue I have (and I think it's been mentioned before) is that if you have a normal rocket engine and an SRB running at the same time, it only shows solid fuel from the SRB, while leaving the LF/OX stage panel looking empty. Once the SRB burns out then and only then will it show LF/OX in that stage. Not really a big deal for me though. Thanks again!

Glad you like it - if you dont mind sharing your craft and a screenshot I can have a look - I do recall one a while ago about SRBs and sepratrons, but I thought they were all cleaned off.

I made some ARP icons for the MKS/OKS and Karbonite mods....

These look great, have added a link to the front page and I'll probably generate a list on the manual site if thats OK too

Thanks for the great mod! One thing, isn't there a way to keep the panel open on scene changes? I think that is how it worked in previous versions, but now it disappears on every ship change or quickload, and since I usually want the resource panel open it adds a click every time.

Thats what's supposed to happen - I was having some troubles with the toggle state of the new App Launcher and changing the code on that back and forth, perhaps I left it in the wrong state - I'll raise an issue on it and check it

These look great, have added a link to the front page and I'll probably generate a list on the manual site if thats OK too

Go ahead.

EDIT: When Hollow Asteroids comes out, there will be some new icons, but I will let you know. The .zip automatically updates when I changed/added something.

Edited by Olympic1

when replacing the stock button on the app launcher is it possible to remember whether the window was open or closed? I guess I got a bit spoiled by the 0.23.5 behavior of loading up the flight scene and having the resources window already visible :P

My mistake on the panel state remaining Ramarren and Gaiiden, I can revert that one back easily. The only thing to note is that I've been unable to toggle on the AppLauncher buttons by code, so while the panel will be displayed the button will start in the toggled off state

I can live with that :)

Also, found a bug. Selecting to remove the ARP from replacing the stock button works when the scene reloads, but I can't get the ARP button to appear in the app launcher again. Restarted, no effect. Finally renamed the settings.cfg file so a new one would be generated and now it's back (and then I copied my resource settings over)

0.24.2 x86

Edited by Gaiiden
found a bug

I can live with that :)

Also, found a bug. Selecting to remove the ARP from replacing the stock button works when the scene reloads, but I can't get the ARP button to appear in the app launcher again. Restarted, no effect. Finally renamed the settings.cfg file so a new one would be generated and now it's back (and then I copied my resource settings over)

0.24.2 x86

LOL for living with it

I'm just fiddling with it now and the persistence is back in. But I cant replicate the issue of the mod button not reappearing - does this look like what your doing when it goes wrong - http://youtu.be/26MHpAGKa8c ?

Off to bed shortly so I'll look more tomorrow and then can release something