[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Hi guys, I find a solution for the resource sorting bug.

The cause are the resource Ids. Default ones in the config file are obsolete and are then duplicated. This is why in the configuration window you see twice LiquidFuel or Oxidizer.

There are 2 possibilities to solve it:

• delete the resources duplicated with the old Ids in the config.cfg
  • wait for @TriggerAu to apply the patch

I give you my config file with the new ids. (it work for me, I hope it will work for you too).

You must place it in \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TriggerTech\KSPAlternateResourcePanel\PluginData

Config file https://pastebin.com/3VQ9iuvL

Edited by SPG

17 hours ago, SPG said:

Hi guys, I find a solution for the resource sorting bug.

The cause are the resource Ids. Default ones in the config file are obsolete and are then duplicated. This is why in the configuration window you see twice LiquidFuel or Oxidizer.

There are 2 possibilities to solve it:

• delete the resources duplicated with the old Ids in the config.cfg
  • wait for @TriggerAu to apply the patch

I give you my config file with the new ids. (it will work for me, I hope it will work for you too).

You must place it in \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TriggerTech\KSPAlternateResourcePanel\PluginData

Config file https://pastebin.com/3VQ9iuvL

Hello @SPG,

There isn't any problem with the mod of @TriggerAu, they just should do different things and sometimes that may cause confusion.

[1] This image was taken, without turn-on the life support systems:

• Food is equal in both addons
  • Water is equal in both addons
  • Oxygen is equal in both addons
  • Note: The electricity value in life Support Monitoring (means if I disconnet the nuclear reactor I will have those days of electricity)

ua4mUk0.png

[2] When I turn on all the life support systems on board:

The values change:

The life support Monitoring values are like "stock values" (what you have if all support system stop)

and the Alternate Resource Panel show the current real values with all the current recycle systems working in real time, which is more accurate:

wiBPEsw.png

I hope it help to clarify.

Cheers and welcome to forums!

Edited by pmborg

37 minutes ago, pmborg said:

Hello @SPG,

There isn't any problem with the mod of @TriggerAu, they just should different things and sometimes that may cause confusion.

Actually yes there is a problem and it was solved just like he said. Good eye, @SPG!! I did not even notice my resources were being doubled (mostly cause I have so many). I deleted my config, replaced it with yours and went to the flight scene. ARP filled in the missing resources from my install and now I can actually move them around the sort menu and they are updated and displayed properly

And to be clear I tested ARP with just a stock install, deleting the config beforehand so it was recreated with stock resources and they were indeed doubled.

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 2 months later...

Hello

Thank y ou for this useful mod.

But it looks very small on my game screen so that I hardly see the contents with my glasses!

I did not see any means in the property to change the size of the window... how is it possible to do it?

I would like a double size

As you cans on this pic  it's too small!!

W5HX0qI.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a support for UI scalling in the ARP code but it looks like the values given are wrong. I have already tried to fix the problem but I don't have TriggerAu's skill level. I would have to try again but no promises of success.

Edited by SPG

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I've been testing mods in KSP 1.11 and got exceptions. Here's the first one: 

[EXC 17:10:03.586] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KSPAlternateResourcePanel.KSPAlternateResourcePanel.SetAppButtonToTrue () (at <937bb4d6d6f54a349df59076417a577d>:0)
	KSPAlternateResourcePanel.KSPAlternateResourcePanel.RepeatingWorker () (at <937bb4d6d6f54a349df59076417a577d>:0)
	KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper () (at <937bb4d6d6f54a349df59076417a577d>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

I saw a later exception in game when jumping to another ship with a KAC alarm. By some miracle the game still ran and I exited normally. Disclaimer- ARP and many other mods I'm running do not claim KSP 1.11 compatibility.

KSP log

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, there is a small issue with the panel not auto hiding. When you hover the mouse over the other menus in the top right, the ARP window stays open, with the other windows opening behind it. Clicking on ARP icon to close it, and then reopening it causes it to auto hide again when hovering over the other menus.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The stage-specific fuel gauges don't appear to be functioning properly. When I launch a rocket that has SRBs and LF/OX engines on the same beginning stage, it seems to only display the solid fuel until those boosters are staged out. I understand that the mod hasn't been updated, but I figured I'd let you know.