[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

On 5/21/2022 at 9:37 AM, Rodger said:

It doesn't seem like there's an in-game way to remove a separator. In 'configure resource settings' window, you can add them but no new entries show up in the list to represent them for sorting/removal purposes. I'd need to edit the settings cfg file to remove them.

Huh! I was going to dispute this because I definitely remember being able to move and remove separators but I tested it first to be sure.

Yes it's currently broken. The separator lines which are clearly shown in the resource settings editor in the video on the OP are not there. The drag and drop ordering of resources is also broken (possibly because they're miscounting rows because of the missing separators?).

Just to be 100% certain, I created a completely clean install of KSP 1.12.3 and only added ARP. Then started a new sandbox save. Placed a Kerbal-X on the launchpad and immediately went to the config window. No joy.

10 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Huh! I was going to dispute this because I definitely remember being able to move and remove separators but I tested it first to be sure.

Yes it's currently broken. The separator lines which are clearly shown in the resource settings editor in the video on the OP are not there. The drag and drop ordering of resources is also broken (possibly because they're miscounting rows because of the missing separators?).

Just to be 100% certain, I created a completely clean install of KSP 1.12.3 and only added ARP. Then started a new sandbox save. Placed a Kerbal-X on the launchpad and immediately went to the config window. No joy.

Other thing that doesn't work for me is the "hide full/depleted resources", essential to not make the panel unnecessary large

I decided to try one last test and installed ARP version 2.10 instead. The resource ordering works but... duplicate entries and crashed during test when I accidentally double clicked on a resource name while trying to drag. 

Spoiler

iYSZcvb.jpg

ogui8Js.jpg

• 4 months later...

There are still many old open issues on Github.

And I just re-recognized an old known bug that I remember I already got then and when 5 years ago:
The UI does not open anymore when clicking the button when "replace stock" is chosen - perhaps related to this https://github.com/TriggerAu/AlternateResourcePanel/issues/91 but not sure.

• 1 month later...

A quick fix to drag & drop sorting, your comment about separators clued me in.

Edit the config text file for ARP, and remove the separator items from the list.
You can even edit it while in the SPH, save, and go to the runway, and it will reload the config. At that point, the separators should be gone, and dragging items should work.

• 4 weeks later...

Following on from some previous comments about scaling, I've noticed a few issues with ARP

• When used without replacing the stock button, the ARP panel can be moved around just fine. However, if replacing the stock button, the ARP gets locked into position
  • The ARP is unaware of the game's UI scale. This causes an issue when the UI scale is anything but 1x and the ARP is replacing the stock resource panel, as it then overlaps the appbar buttons
  • The ARP is unaware of the game's UI scale (as are most mods really) which makes it somewhat difficult to read on monitors with resolutions higher than 1080.

I typically like replacing the stock resource app with ARP since the appbar is already starved for space with all the stock apps now. Having it overlap the appbar on scaled UI is mostly awkward. It'd be nice if the position could be offset at least manually as it can be when used as standalone. It'd be doubly nice if the UI could scale with stock, as it gets somewhat difficult to read on high resolutions, but I understand that getting scaling to work in UIs is a HUGE PITA and don't really expect that to be perfectly honest. Just being able to move the ARP while replacing stock would be fine.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, there is still an issue with the ARP window not auto hiding.

I'm using the stock button replacer mode. When I load into flight, the ARP window will be visible in the top right as expected, but when I hover the mouse over other buttons, the ARP window stays stuck on screen. The fix is to click the ARP button twice to close and reopen it, and now it auto hides properly when hovering over other buttons.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Unusable with high resolution monitors. UI scaling is just too small on 4k or even 1440p.

I understand that scaling with the built in UI scaler is difficult, which is why most mods don't try.  The better mods do their own size settings. 

That would be much appreciated, since this mod already seems to have several useful settings with sliders.  It might be easiest for @TriggerAu to maybe add another setting for overall size.

https://github.com/TriggerAu/AlternateResourcePanel/issues/84

Edited by Ker Ball One

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 4:58 AM, Ker Ball One said:

Unusable with high resolution monitors. UI scaling is just too small on 4k or even 1440p.

I understand that scaling with the built in UI scaler is difficult, which is why most mods don't try.  The better mods do their own size settings. 

That would be much appreciated, since this mod already seems to have several useful settings with sliders.  It might be easiest for @TriggerAu to maybe add another setting for overall size.

https://github.com/TriggerAu/AlternateResourcePanel/issues/84

I guess I had to learn C# and Visual Studio.  But I added a bunch of " * GameSettings.UI_Scale" to dozens of lines of code that were hard coded with static values.  I resized the icons too.  But now it looks nice at any resolution, even 4K.  This modded mod can now scale with the game setting for UI Scale.

If anyone is interested in seeing a UI scaled version of this mod...
https://github.com/KerballOne/AlternateResourcePanel

Edited by Ker Ball One
Added forked repo

• 1 month later...

I unpacked the AlternateResourcePanel-master in my game data folder but I don't see the new panel ingame. Am I doing anything wrong?

This alternate panel was awesome, I hope we can have it back in the latest ksp version!

1 hour ago, Bersagliere81 said:

I unpacked the AlternateResourcePanel-master in my game data folder but I don't see the new panel ingame. Am I doing anything wrong?

This alternate panel was awesome, I hope we can have it back in the latest ksp version!

Yes it works in 1.12.x. See my previous post on how to get it by default:

It's a long time since I played 1.7.3, but as I recall it worked the same way in that version as well. It's likely you've got some sort of installation problem - we might be able to diagnose further if you posted a link to your KSP log.

On 2/23/2024 at 10:50 PM, Ker Ball One said:

If anyone is interested in seeing a UI scaled version of this mod...

Very nice. How to use it? I don't see any releases in the github link. 

22 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

It's a long time since I played 1.7.3, but as I recall it worked the same way in that version as well. It's likely you've got some sort of installation problem - we might be able to diagnose further if you posted a link to your KSP log.

here the output_log

http://depositfiles.com/files/owyr1t1do

26 minutes ago, Bersagliere81 said:

OK, just had a quick look and Alternate Resource Panel is installed wrong (and possibly twice)

At line 1550 in the log:

Folders and files in GameData:
000_ClickThroughBlocker
000_TexturesUnlimited
000_Toolbar
000_USITools
001_ToolbarControl
AlternateResourcePanel
AlternateResourcePanel-master

There should only be one copy of ARP and it installs into the GameData/TriggerTech/KSPAlternateResourcePanel

Look at this folder path from the log:

AlternateResourcePanel-master/PlugInFiles/GameData/TriggerTech/KSPAlternateResourcePanel/Icons/Aluminium

Drill down to the nested GameData folder and move it's contents (i.e. the TriggerTech folder) up into your main GameData folder.

I'm also not seeing any reference to the DLL for AlternateResourcePanel in the log. It should be at path TriggerTech/KSPAlternateResourcePanel/KSPAlternateResourcePanel.dll

If it's not there then you need to download it from GitHub or SpaceDock make sure you get version 2.9.3 - later versions may not work with 1.7.3 since there was a change in the version of .NET framework that KSP ran on somewhere around that time and code compiled for the newer framework may not work on the older (depending on what it's trying to do - sometimes it does)