[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

I've been using your mod for a while and enjoying it, but I upgraded from 1.2.10 to 2.0.2.0 recently and got a weird issue:

http://imgur.com/pPB7gfS

I've completely removed the mod then re-installed it but it's still the same. Any idea what could be causing it?

Two things I can think of:

1) The folder structure for v2 is diffn to v1, so make sure you have removed all traces of KSPAlternateResourcePanel.dll in the TriggerTech folder - there should be just the Folder in there and the dll in that from v2 onwards

2) A simlar thing was reported here - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60227-0-23-KSP-Alternate-Resource-Panel-v2-0-2-0-%28February-18%29?p=977071&viewfull=1#post977071 - which turned out to be related to TextureReplacer

Let me know how those two go

Two things I can think of:

1) The folder structure for v2 is diffn to v1, so make sure you have removed all traces of KSPAlternateResourcePanel.dll in the TriggerTech folder - there should be just the Folder in there and the dll in that from v2 onwards

2) A simlar thing was reported here - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60227-0-23-KSP-Alternate-Resource-Panel-v2-0-2-0-%28February-18%29?p=977071&viewfull=1#post977071 - which turned out to be related to TextureReplacer

Let me know how those two go

I tried both updating and uninstalling Texture Replacer, no change there for either. I originally had V2 installed alongside V1 (I didn't read the notes, typically) and

while I had both panels, the V1 instance was fine and the V2 instance was like it is now. The only KSPAlternateResourcePanel.dll file in my KSP directories is one dated 2/18/2014, which is the one in the V2 zip file. So no progress there. Could it be something to do with Texture Compressor?

I tried both updating and uninstalling Texture Replacer, no change there for either. I originally had V2 installed alongside V1 (I didn't read the notes, typically) and

while I had both panels, the V1 instance was fine and the V2 instance was like it is now. The only KSPAlternateResourcePanel.dll file in my KSP directories is one dated 2/18/2014, which is the one in the V2 zip file. So no progress there. Could it be something to do with Texture Compressor?

Someone did mentio texture compressor as well, but I havent used either of those myself so not 100% sure. If you can test removing it to see if that resolves the issue its probably quickest. Also if the mod can't find the textures there will be errors in the debug log which you can find in ksp_data

I've been using your mod for a while and enjoying it, but I upgraded from 1.2.10 to 2.0.2.0 recently and got a weird issue: resource bar textures not displaying

Your problem is Texture Replacer (contains rbray's tex compress code) or Texture Compressor (rbray) or possibly Visual Enhancements (rbray). Update all of these mods to latest version. Problem should go away. If not, you can install Texture Compressor which allows disabling specific folders from compression. The other mods will disable their compression in favor of the Texture Compressor mod.

This was addressed only two pages back: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60227-0-23-KSP-Alternate-Resource-Panel-v2-0-2-0-%28February-18%29?p=980767&viewfull=1#post980767

Any news on the autstaging functionality?

Is on the list of tweaks for next version, but the API work is driving me mad :).

Speaking of that, would a simple stage out of fuel advance stage logic after X ms, be suitable? Maybe with a halt auto staging at stage Y?

You could it in a different way: if the addon sees that the fuel use value drops very fast and the throttle isn't the cause and the stage is almost out of fuel then it would autostage.

That would only be true if you were staging away engines. If you're only dropping tanks then fuel use won't vary when a set go dry.

Since update, I lost the colors for ressource meter bars. They went black, so I can only read the numbers to know how much I have. Everything else is working. Tried re-downloading, didn't work

three things to try:

1. Check that you have completely removed the old version by deleting the dll and folders
  2. Check the debug log in KSP_Data to see if there are any texture loading failures
  3. If you are using any of the texture compression mods then check whether they are causing issues - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60227-0-23-KSP-Alternate-Resource-Panel-v2-0-2-0-%28February-18%29?p=980767&viewfull=1#post980767

Not normally would I post screens of an abysmal failure, but this one made me laugh so much I was retesting just to see it. This is my initial test of the autostaging setup... that obviously didnt go as planned :) Forgetting a null check can really ruin your day. What made especially laugh was the last three images.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

... this one made me laugh so much I was retesting just to see it.

.... What made especially laugh was the last three images.

Very nice, thanks for sharing (makes me wonder, should we have a forum section for "abysmal failures", too?). :)

Definitely there is a reason if true life launches are done from a distance or protected.

Version 2.1.0.0 Now on Spaceport - http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kspalternateresourcepanel/

Heres the summary of changes in this release:

• Added API for other plugins to read details and acknowledge alarms
  • Added Hide on empty setting - with delay
  • Added Show All button - show hidden resources on click/hover
  • Added Resource Transfer - same functionality from base part windows

Will have a new video to show some of this in action tomorrow, but my upload speed is atrocious at the moment

I've updated the plugin for one very very minor graphical glitch so v2.1.1.0 is now the latest, heres the direct link http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kspalternateresourcepanel/

@Gaiiden - I have looked into this and there does not appear to be any publicly accessible way to remove the stock resource button - I can toggle it's display of the list, but not do anything about the button. That or I just can't find it, sorry.

Lastly the video upload to YouTube failed abysmally so I need to reconvert it, hopefully later today

The audio cues are good. If anyone has alternative sounds I could try please PM me. I like these ones, but they're not as alarm-like as I'd like. I assume the sound is easy to add

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything that sounded great and was free to reuse - my GoogleFu was weak on alarm sound searching :)

Adding them is dead easy, just dropping em in the Sounds folder before starting the game will do it.

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything that sounded great and was free to reuse - my GoogleFu was weak on alarm sound searching :)

Adding them is dead easy, just dropping em in the Sounds folder before starting the game will do it.

One thing that's annoying with the staging (bug?) is that if you have solid rocket boosters on the lower stage with sepatrons on them (but in the stage higher) then the mod will think that the fuel on the sepatrons is with the same fuel as the SRB's so it won't auto-stage, is this a bug or just a limiting factor of the mod?

One thing that's annoying with the staging (bug?) is that if you have solid rocket boosters on the lower stage with sepatrons on them (but in the stage higher) then the mod will think that the fuel on the sepatrons is with the same fuel as the SRB's so it won't auto-stage, is this a bug or just a limiting factor of the mod?

you could call it a bug or a limiting factor I guess, mostly would be a "Trigger didn't think of that in his testing" . The logic looks at what stage items are decoupled and then looks at when all engines are flamed out, so because the sepatrons do get decoupled in that stage, but haven't been lit and therefore haven't flamed out, they don't trigger the autostaging option.

I'll need to work in to the logic how to check for that - maybe just a simple, if the (engines are flamed out OR not ignited) will do it or I might have to fiddle with looking at the stage they ignite and the stage they decouple at. I'll have a look soon

you could call it a bug or a limiting factor I guess, mostly would be a "Trigger didn't think of that in his testing" . The logic looks at what stage items are decoupled and then looks at when all engines are flamed out, so because the sepatrons do get decoupled in that stage, but haven't been lit and therefore haven't flamed out, they don't trigger the autostaging option.

I'll need to work in to the logic how to check for that - maybe just a simple, if the (engines are flamed out OR not ignited) will do it or I might have to fiddle with looking at the stage they ignite and the stage they decouple at. I'll have a look soon

Thanks trigger! maybe you could look at how mechjeb does it?