[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Found and fixed all the known ones for 1.0.x now I think, if theres any more let me know - I should be able to find some time to plug through some of the others too in the longer term list I hope

v2.7.1.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

• Added 1.0.2 version
  • Added Ablator resource
  • Added new resources to default layout
  • changed version file to handle patches for CKAN
  • Fixed issue with resource config not allownig window drag for last 4 rows (Issue #68)

You just came out with a new version, so I think it's a perfect time to request a feature :D

The stock resource panel hides itself if you hover over other icons, even though it's been clicked and is supposed to be visible. For example, you hover over the contract icon and the stock resource box goes away so you can click the contract. Once your mouse leaves that area, the stock resource box comes back.

With this mod, I have to actually click the resource icon to make it go away, then look at my contracts.

I know, first Kerbin Problems and all.

But anyway, is there a way to make the Alternate Resource Panel behave - in this one way - like the stock one?

Thanks ZobrAA - I like that one - I'll have to redo it in the inkscape file I use, but should be easy enough - Is there an icon for Mulch as well?

Hmm, I forgot about Mulch... How about this: u7XrNj7.png?

Actually, as I said, it was a quick resizing of original IFI Life Support toolbar icon. So if you need more adjustments, you can use original pic. And Mulch.png is just a Supplies.png with Hue -55 :)

You just came out with a new version, so I think it's a perfect time to request a feature :D

The stock resource panel hides itself if you hover over other icons, even though it's been clicked and is supposed to be visible. For example, you hover over the contract icon and the stock resource box goes away so you can click the contract. Once your mouse leaves that area, the stock resource box comes back.

With this mod, I have to actually click the resource icon to make it go away, then look at my contracts.

I know, first Kerbin Problems and all.

But anyway, is there a way to make the Alternate Resource Panel behave - in this one way - like the stock one?

I go back and have a look at that after each release. The App Launcher code used to work this way, but was broked in a previous release, I've had no feedback yet on when it might be fixed - https://github.com/TriggerAu/AlternateResourcePanel/issues/59

Hmm, I forgot about Mulch... How about this: http://i.imgur.com/u7XrNj7.png?

Actually, as I said, it was a quick resizing of original IFI Life Support toolbar icon. So if you need more adjustments, you can use original pic. And Mulch.png is just a Supplies.png with Hue -55 :)

Nice one.

Also Olympic1 already has icon packs that include these here - https://github.com/Olympic1/Icon_Packs_KSP

I have a request for this mod. When you select a resource to see part windows and transfer it, could you add the enable/disable toggle?

The flow control toggle? Is on my work list here - been a long time coming, but I should have some time now to look at it - https://github.com/TriggerAu/AlternateResourcePanel/issues/65

The hide empty/full bar option does not work for me. The version is 2.7.1.0

By the way is there an option to see only the bars of the current stage? For example fuel?

For Hide Empty/Full you need to enable to feature in the settings (under Styling/visuals) and then configure each resource you want to have that happen (settings->General->Resource Config click on resource). Its like this so you can have some resourecs that show no matter what - eg EC

For the stage display thats what the Blue bars in the screen indicate (as below). It works out the "Last" stage based on craft hierarchy, so there are a couple of designs that show holes, but on the whole it works pretty well. There is a setting to disable the stage display - but it should shpw the blue bars by default

KSPARPMap.png

See how you go

For Hide Empty/Full you need to enable to feature in the settings (under Styling/visuals) and then configure each resource you want to have that happen (settings->General->Resource Config click on resource). Its like this so you can have some resourecs that show no matter what - eg EC

For the stage display thats what the Blue bars in the screen indicate (as below). It works out the "Last" stage based on craft hierarchy, so there are a couple of designs that show holes, but on the whole it works pretty well. There is a setting to disable the stage display - but it should shpw the blue bars by default

https://sites.google.com/site/kspalternateresourcepanel/images/KSPARPMap.png

See how you go

Thank you very much.

The hide empty/full bar option does not work for me. The version is 2.7.1.0

By the way is there an option to see only the bars of the current stage? For example fuel?

By the way, you can also configure a resource to show as Main/Backup instead of Ship/Stage, where "backup" is whatever has the fuel toggle off. Very good for batteries!

The flow control toggle? Is on my work list here - been a long time coming, but I should have some time now to look at it - https://github.com/TriggerAu/AlternateResourcePanel/issues/65

Yup, that one! Thanks.

By the way, I noticed you can transfer fuel using this functionality, regardless of your R&D level. I can hear Stewie Griffin saying "irregardless" in my head now.

Hey TriggerGold, just wondering, isn't there a generic life support icon? And if not, how can I add one so the panel can use it?

There are these included Icons - https://sites.google.com/site/kspalternateresourcepanel/included-icons2

Olympic1 has made a whole bunch more here - https://github.com/Olympic1/Icon_Packs_KSP

And if you want to make your own then the instructions are here: https://sites.google.com/site/kspalternateresourcepanel/makingicons

...By the way, I noticed you can transfer fuel using this functionality, regardless of your R&D level. I can hear Stewie Griffin saying "irregardless" in my head now.

I totally missed that one. I'll put it on the work list now

Could I make a small request?

Could you split the menu that lets you reorder the resources into an assigned & unassigned list. With things like Community Resource Pack getting as large as it has I am starting to find it easier to edit the settings cfg file to reorder things I am using than spend 40+ minutes repededly hitting the up or down arrows in the GUI :P

Maybe make it so there is a user assigned list that i can add the resources I am using to before I start moving them up or down the list. Anything not assigned a specific spot (and left in unassigned) just gets tacked on to the end in whatever order they happen to default sort to since most of those are auto-hid anyway unless you have a mod using it.

I'm not seeing the [Resources] and [Alternate] tabs near the Resources window in the 1.0 update. I've installed into GameData\TriggerTech\KSPAlternateResourcePanel.

Pre 1.0 I could switch between default and alternate without problem. However now I have no option to switch to the lovely alternate resource panel :/ Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Did you know you can transfer ablator from one part to another using ARP? ;)

You know what I didnt even consider that case - good catch

Could I make a small request?

Could you split the menu that lets you reorder the resources into an assigned & unassigned list. With things like Community Resource Pack getting as large as it has I am starting to find it easier to edit the settings cfg file to reorder things I am using than spend 40+ minutes repededly hitting the up or down arrows in the GUI :P

Maybe make it so there is a user assigned list that i can add the resources I am using to before I start moving them up or down the list. Anything not assigned a specific spot (and left in unassigned) just gets tacked on to the end in whatever order they happen to default sort to since most of those are auto-hid anyway unless you have a mod using it.

I implemented a drag and drop feature in that window a while ago because of this - you can "pick up" the resources in that window via their icon and reposition them graphically, if you drag em near the top/bottom the window will scroll. give that a go/try and let meknow how that is

I'm not seeing the [Resources] and [Alternate] tabs near the Resources window in the 1.0 update. I've installed into GameData\TriggerTech\KSPAlternateResourcePanel.

Pre 1.0 I could switch between default and alternate without problem. However now I have no option to switch to the lovely alternate resource panel :/ Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Best thing here is to ensure you have the 1.0.x compatible version and look in the log to find any errors and mentions of AlternateResourcePanel. If you want to share you log (via pastebin or simlar) I'm happy to have a look at that too

Also "Eurekas" from Station Science. ARP seems to ignore the transferability of resources.

Another good catch - I'll add that as an item to work on

I implemented a drag and drop feature in that window a while ago because of this - you can "pick up" the resources in that window via their icon and reposition them graphically, if you drag em near the top/bottom the window will scroll. give that a go/try and let meknow how that is

Well I'll be. This is what I get for skipping a few game releases, the mods I play with get all kinds of new goodies. Didn't realize that clicking and holding the icon (as oposed to the name) would let you drag it. Works Wonderfully :)

Double checked and I'm using the version compatible with KSP v1.0.2.

I didn't see anything erroneous mentioned in the logs regarding ARP. But I'm happy to share them with you if you wouldn't mind looking them over. I'm using other mods too, so if you'd like a log with only ARP just let me know!

My KSP.log on dropbox.

Double checked and I'm using the version compatible with KSP v1.0.2.

I didn't see anything erroneous mentioned in the logs regarding ARP. But I'm happy to share them with you if you wouldn't mind looking them over. I'm using other mods too, so if you'd like a log with only ARP just let me know!

My KSP.log on dropbox.

That log all looks good yeah, The only thing that look slik eit could be different is that it complains about not being able to load the settings.cfg - but that could be because of a reinstall. Other than that I cant see anything in there that points to an error or issue, it looks like its loaded, but maybe you just arent getting the button for some reason.

If you edit the settings.cfg file you can change the value of "ButtonStyleChosen =" to be one of the following - Basic , Launcher , StockReplace . Hopefully its one type of button with one of the other mods you have and we can narrow it down that way

I'm still not able to hide empty resources. I removed the monopropellant from my command pod but during a mission the panel still shows the empty bar despite of I checked the "hide empty bars" box.

I'm still not able to hide empty resources. I removed the monopropellant from my command pod but during a mission the panel still shows the empty bar despite of I checked the "hide empty bars" box.

Have had a play here and hers a before and after shot of me testing this with 0 MP.

Before - the global and resource flags are both off

Mf3kMof.png

After - turning both of these on the MP bar is hidden

rryLCYZ.png

The link to Olympic1's icon pack in the OP is broken. If I were you I'd just link to their github; there are more packs there than just MKS/OKS and Karbonite, and the link will probably never break.

Thanks - updated it now

• 1 month later...

Finally got some time to work on the backlogs :)

v2.7.2.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

• Adjusted AutoStaging to cater to Stages with no Engines in them (Issue #73)
  • Adjusted AutoStaging to Better detect initial staging event (Issue #64)
  • Adjusted Resource transfer to cater to career limitations (Issue #72)
  • Fixed issues with resource Density and display values (Issue #71 and #66)
  • Added Flow State buttons in part windows, same as stock (Issue #65)
  • Added Icons for USI Resources (Issue #70)
  • Adjusted AutoStaging to cater to Stages with no Engines in them (Issue #73)
  • Fixed NRE on Load for winodw draw (Issue #61)