[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Am I missing something or do we need to add a new function...

When a resource is low and the alarm sounds it should set game speed to 1x....

as the alarm goes off and boom dead kerbals because you can't get the game to speed1 and fix the issue quick enough.

Am I missing something or do we need to add a new function...

When a resource is low and the alarm sounds it should set game speed to 1x....

as the alarm goes off and boom dead kerbals because you can't get the game to speed1 and fix the issue quick enough.

Probably a new function of a sort, the ARP doesnt affect anything (outside of the staging button), so it will tell you that a resource is low, set off a noise, etc, but wont affect the game - pause time, etc.

I have somewhere in my plans to add API access to the KAC plugin and the the ARP could consume that and pause/halt warp, etc, but depends if you would want to run both plugins I guess?

Hello.

I know that this is not the place. But your message inbox is full.

I would ask you a mod because I think it is one that you can do. (Also, it seems your kind of mod)

Could you make the right click menus stay on screen? Quite often the right click menus appear off screen and some times (like when you are about to crash) can't save the kerbal o ship because of that. Could you do it?

I think many people wil be thankful to have this feature in the game

So, Please. And thank you. And sorry

Could you make the right click menus stay on screen? Quite often the right click menus appear off screen and some times (like when you are about to crash) can't save the kerbal o ship because of that. Could you do it?

What do you mean? when moving the camera to rightclick other parts? Just press and hold down the Alt key when you are moving the camera, like when you want to transfer resources.

Hello.

I know that this is not the place. But your message inbox is full.

I would ask you a mod because I think it is one that you can do. (Also, it seems your kind of mod)

I think many people wil be thankful to have this feature in the game

So, Please. And thank you. And sorry

Sorry my Inbox was full, is OK now. I don't have the time to take on a new plugin right now as I need to get KAC back on track from a break along with some other stuff. If I get a chance I'll have a look, but will be a while.

When i was playing KSP a while ago i got an idea as a feature: a button that locks the stage (Alt+L).

Instead of typing the key combination, just click a button on the panel and it locks the stage until clicked again.

When i was playing KSP a while ago i got an idea as a feature: a button that locks the stage (Alt+L).

Instead of typing the key combination, just click a button on the panel and it locks the stage until clicked again.

Not a bad idea, let me see if I can work out how to fit it in visually

Fantastic Add-on!

Perhaps you could fix one of the issues with the stock display that has bothered me: The consumption level value.

A number in parenthesis is a negative number.

A number with a leading '-' character is a negative number.

The resources display confusingly uses parenthesis for both positive and negative numbers. I know it's using parenthesis to mean parenthetical, but it's still confusing.

You could replace the parenthesis with brackets (ex. [-2.55], [-], [2.55]), but it would be nicer if it were clearer that value is dropping or increasing. That tiny '-' character is easily missed.

Something like this:

Neg: <<2.55

Zero: <->

Pos: 2.55>>

Thanks for the great mod!

Rather than that, I'd personally like an option to show whether resources are charging or depleting (without the specific rate), perhaps as a small icon on the side.

I like my quantity levels in the middle of the bars, and if I enable the change rates, things get too cluttered for me. But knowing whether a resource has a positive or negative (or no) gain over time would be useful still.

How does the auto-staging works? I wanted to try it for the fun, but It doesn't seem to work - I click Arm, the button goes red "Disarm", so it's active, and says "Armed Waiting for stage...". And that's it. All of my craft don't stage automatically, no matter the staging order, even the simplest ones.

How does the auto-staging works? I wanted to try it for the fun, but It doesn't seem to work - I click Arm, the button goes red "Disarm", so it's active, and says "Armed Waiting for stage...". And that's it. All of my craft don't stage automatically, no matter the staging order, even the simplest ones.

You can see it in action in the video on the OP.

When its status says "Armed Waiting for Stage... " it is waiting for you to activate the first stage and then it should take over.

So the steps are:

• Set the end stage number using the slider
  • Arm the autostager
  • Set your throttle where you want it
  • Hit Space Bar and it should drive away

- - - Updated - - -

Rather than that, I'd personally like an option to show whether resources are charging or depleting (without the specific rate), perhaps as a small icon on the side.

I like my quantity levels in the middle of the bars, and if I enable the change rates, things get too cluttered for me. But knowing whether a resource has a positive or negative (or no) gain over time would be useful still.

Like little up down arrows?

Like little up down arrows?

Arrows would be even better. I agree that the value isn't that important. I would prefer left/right facing arrows as the bar graph travels left/right.

Even cooler would be if it could do something like one arrow (<) for "slow" (based on percentage/second) and two (<<) arrows for "fast". If you want to get crazy!

Has there been added a way to hide the stock resource panel yet? It drives me nuts that it opens up everytime I hover over it. Also is there an option to make this resource panel open only if clicked on?

Arrows would be even better. I agree that the value isn't that important. I would prefer left/right facing arrows as the bar graph travels left/right.

Even cooler would be if it could do something like one arrow (<) for "slow" (based on percentage/second) and two (<<) arrows for "fast". If you want to get crazy!

I'm adding a dropdown option so people can choose from a range of rate display types, should be able to add quite a few, will just need to work on some images for ones where I cant just use text characters.

Current ideas I have noted down are:

• KSP Default
  • Left/Right Arrows - colored?
  • Up/Down Arrows - colored?

also with an option to maybe not show the rate number and just the glyphs.

How does that sound to people?

Has there been added a way to hide the stock resource panel yet? It drives me nuts that it opens up everytime I hover over it. Also is there an option to make this resource panel open only if clicked on?

There is no way in the API to do this currently, I can't change the stock code :) , currently theres no click only option, but I can add that pretty simply I think, I'll look at it

Something doesn't look quite right to me:

http://i.imgur.com/0S86olr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2fJIhhk.jpg

Any ideas?

I'd go so far as to say something looks very wrong :)

Two things come to mind - 1) look in the logs to see if there are any missing files reports from ARP - it will log if it cant load a texture - and B) If you are using any of the texture replacer compression mods people have had issues similar to that with the bars and there were some answers further back in this thread.

let us know how you go

B) If you are using any of the texture replacer compression mods people have had issues similar to that with the bars and there were some answers further back in this thread.

Well, there you go. Thanks for pointing me to the problem.

I had been running version 1.2.1.0 with no issue, but upgraded to 2.1.3.0 and got the problem. Removed texture compressor mod, and it's working. I'll go dig through the thread and see what I can find.

Edit: Updated to the latest version, and it's working again.

Edited by razark

Well, there you go. Thanks for pointing me to the problem.

I had been running version 1.2.1.0 with no issue, but upgraded to 2.1.3.0 and got the problem. Removed texture compressor mod, and it's working. I'll go dig through the thread and see what I can find.

Edit: Updated to the latest version, and it's working again.

Good stuff. I have no idea why it only affected the bar textures either, but good to know thats a fix

There is no way in the API to do this currently, I can't change the stock code :) , currently theres no click only option, but I can add that pretty simply I think, I'll look at it

That would be glorious! :D

Current ideas I have noted down are:
  • KSP Default
  • Left/Right Arrows - colored?
  • Up/Down Arrows - colored?

also with an option to maybe not show the rate number and just the glyphs.

How does that sound to people?

Sounds great!