[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

It looks nice, but I'm stuck on 0.23 for the time being. Do you have the old version anywhere? :)

All the versions are available where the source code is - http://kspalternateresourcepanel.codeplex.com/

Just go to downloads and there should be a list on the right hand side. Clicking on each one shows the release notes for it so you can find the one you want

I'm adding a dropdown option so people can choose from a range of rate display types, should be able to add quite a few, will just need to work on some images for ones where I cant just use text characters.

Current ideas I have noted down are:

• KSP Default
  • Left/Right Arrows - colored?
  • Up/Down Arrows - colored?

also with an option to maybe not show the rate number and just the glyphs.

How does that sound to people?

Yup, that sounds great.

That reminds me, I have one change (bugfix?) to suggest:

Make warning sounds play only if the resource in question is actually draining. (Well, or charging in case it's a "too high" warning.)

Whenever I use up a enough electricity to get an alarm sound, and then recharge it, the warning plays again upon reaching the threshold which is quite misleading.

I've also had warnings and alarms play repeatedly in quick succession when timewarping due to the resource display "jittering". Maybe something like delaying the sounds for a few frames (and resetting the timer whenever the resource goes above the threashold again) could help with that?

Apparently auto-stage does not work with Asparagus or radial stages. Nothing happens when I arm it before I launch from the pad.

You can see it working for that type of configuration in the video on the OP. If your happy to share your craft file I can have a look and see why its not working - just PM me the saved file and I'll have a look (oh and a list of any mod parts you may be using in the craft).

Thanks for this mod.

Would you entertain the idea of adding "ETA until empty" numbers somewhere?

I'll entertain almost anything :wink: . Calc'ing the numbers should be easy enough, the challenge will be where on the screen could I fit extra text.

I'll have a think about how to include it without messing it up, but will take any suggestions on placement too.

Calc'ing the numbers should be easy enough, the challenge will be where on the screen could I fit extra text.

I like the idea of time to depletion as well. You could make the text display swap between time to deplete and units remaining - the trick in this case would be a fast and simple way to do that. Could just be a button at the bottom of the resource window that would swap everything. I don't think there's a need for a per-resource swap.

Is it possible to add the option for this to replace the stock Resources menu? So there would be no second button and clicking on resources opens this all the time.

I've been wondering about that, too. If only to prevent occlusion occurring when you mouse over the stock panel accidentally.

I figured that if it hadn't already happened, it was because it was too awkward to fiddly to achieve.

Nope. Asked this last month

@Gaiiden - I have looked into this and there does not appear to be any publicly accessible way to remove the stock resource button - I can toggle it's display of the list, but not do anything about the button. That or I just can't find it, sorry.

Yeah guys, Disabling the Stock button is a no go at the moment - no API functions after a few looks into it that I can find.

I'm currently working on:

• Staging Lock Button
  • Alternate Rate Display Formats
  • Display on Click Function (ie disable hover display), and
  • Toggling Rates for Time to Empty.

In the meantime while doing some fault finding on the auto-stage function I made the below video showing me using this on an example craft. If people are having issue with the auto-staging perhaps watch this one and see how I use it. Maybe its something in the way I think about the process, or a code bug, but give it a watch...

Ok, coming back online because I'm having an issue with this mod:

In short, nothing saves. I can change the skin, but that is literally the only thing that I can modify. Altering the appearance of the resource list still resets after a game restart. If I try to change the order resources appear, I see the changes reflected in the config panel but no changes in the main UI display, and clicking on the "save" button does literally nothing.

I also dug through the directory and didn't find a config file. Manually creating an empty config.xml in the mod directory didn't resolve things either. Advice?

And now, a feature request:

How about a counterpart to "hide when empty": "hide when full"? I don't need to know how much monoprop my ship is packing until I actually start using some. Similarly a lot of vessels will almost always be topped off on electricity.

In the meantime while doing some fault finding on the auto-stage function I made the below video showing me using this on an example craft. If people are having issue with the auto-staging perhaps watch this one and see how I use it. Maybe its something in the way I think about the process, or a code bug, but give it a watch...

Hmm, well I seem to have the problem with the auto-staging..

Here are some pics of what ksp looks like as I launch, note that it is not until I manually do nearly all stages up until I release the LFB KR-1x2 that the auto-staging actually works..

Clicking on thumbnails should take you to a bigger picture (If I done it right)

image.php?dt=2YS5

image.php?dt=0JRE

image.php?dt=CZJS

image.php?dt=DWHT

I also have the autostage issue

I have now figured this one out with the help of smunisto (well he found the problem really) hot-rockets uses a different type of engine module. Have added code to cater to this now and my testing is OK. Will release as soon as I can

- - - Updated - - -

Could we have a version of this that shows all the totals in the VAB/SPH?

Will see what i can do

Hmm, well I seem to have the problem with the auto-staging..

Here are some pics of what ksp looks like as I launch, note that it is not until I manually do nearly all stages up until I release the LFB KR-1x2 that the auto-staging actually works..

Clicking on thumbnails should take you to a bigger picture (If I done it right)

http://www.castle-haven.org/imagehost1.6.6/image.php?dt=2YS5

http://www.castle-haven.org/imagehost1.6.6/image.php?dt=0JRE

http://www.castle-haven.org/imagehost1.6.6/image.php?dt=CZJS

http://www.castle-haven.org/imagehost1.6.6/image.php?dt=DWHT

If your using hotrockets then try the next version, if not then if you dont mind PMing me your craft file and any mods you have in use I can have a look at whats going on

v2.2.0.0 Now On Spaceport - http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kspalternateresourcepanel/

A bunch of stuff in this one including:

• Added Support for HotRockets to AutoStaging (this was the most common Autostaging failure)
  • Alternate rate display options - Arrows, up down, with/without text)
  • Time remaining display options - extra button at botton of display next to show all
  • Hide When Full Option Added
  • "Disable Display on Hover" option
  • Changed version Check file to use Google Sites - smaller file than codeplex

I did also investigate the ability to control the keyboard stage lock from an icon in the ARP (MK3424's request - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60227-0-23-5-KSP-Alternate-Resource-Panel-v2-1-3-0-%28April-2%29?p=1037283&viewfull=1#post1037283), but unfortunately that is not possible with the currently exposed APIs.

I think I got all the requests in here (except for the VAB/SPH visibility option - will leave that for another look later)