[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

I have a problem, I don't know if someone else mentioned it before, but I only get this:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/thumbs/f2p8-15-d645.png

Looks like its not loading the textures. Steps would be:

• Check the installation location
  • Check the logs for any messages about missing textures
  • Check if you have any texture reducing mods installed, and if so that you have the latest version

If your using hotrockets then try the next version, if not then if you dont mind PMing me your craft file and any mods you have in use I can have a look at whats going on

Well I don't know what "hotrockets" is, but whatever you did fixed it for me, thank you very much :)

Well I don't know what "hotrockets" is, but whatever you did fixed it for me, thank you very much :)

The new nasa engines use a new engine module, but the old engines haven't been updated yet. Most mods haven't switched yet either, except the Hot Rockets mod.

So it was probably an issue with the nasa engines.

The new nasa engines use a new engine module, but the old engines haven't been updated yet. Most mods haven't switched yet either, except the Hot Rockets mod.

So it was probably an issue with the nasa engines.

Thanks for the info, I didnt even think to check the nasa engines *facepalm*

Trigger, is it possible to copy the resource order + separators from the old settings.cfg to the new one without breaking the mod? Just the resources order, not the top part with the general settings.

You should be able to copy the ResourcesStorage section (including the braces) from one config to another without issue.

Although the config should survive through version upgrades. If its not then feel free to PM or pastebin your old config thats not loading and I'll have a look.

Well, I deleted the whole mod folder(ARP, not Trigger Tech as a whole). I think this is the problem with the "old config" not loading :P

Now the problem is finding my old config in one of my 4 backups. Sigh...I think I will just re-arrange it from the ground.

I have seen one other mod(I think Final Frontier), which keeps its settings in the root of GameData as a separate file with its own file extension(not cfg). Might I suggest this for ARP, unless I have done something wrong with the update process of ARP and I shouldn't have deleted the whole folder?

Well, I deleted the whole mod folder(ARP, not Trigger Tech as a whole). I think this is the problem with the "old config" not loading :P

Now the problem is finding my old config in one of my 4 backups. Sigh...I think I will just re-arrange it from the ground.

I have seen one other mod(I think Final Frontier), which keeps its settings in the root of GameData as a separate file with its own file extension(not cfg). Might I suggest this for ARP, unless I have done something wrong with the update process of ARP and I shouldn't have deleted the whole folder?

Hmm, my text in the opening post is maybe badly written. You only need to delete the olf folder when you go from v1 to v2, for dot releases, eg v2.1 to 2.2 you just overwrite the contents of the folder form the new zip (which doesnt contain a settings file) and you should get to keep it all.

I might remove that text from the opening post shortly, sorry for that

• 2 weeks later...
Got a bit of a problem, no matter what skin I pick the bars are black:

http://f.cl.ly/items/2I0Z000v2J0H380z2l1b/Image%202014-05-05%20at%201.23.40%20AM.png

Looks like the issue a few people saw when they were using older versions of Texture Reducer - I think that was the name. You can find some comments about it a few pages back in this thread.

You can also look in the logs to see if there are any errors for KSPAlternateResourcePanel that say it couldnt find textures

Definitely an Active Texture Management issue. Try re-installing it to make sure you have all the configs it comes with to prevent this from happening. I had the same thing happen to me and the ActiveTextureManagerConfigs folder was missing from the BoulderCo folder

One bug / issue that I see is that alarms work for both when resources are being depleted and replenished. If i have an alarm on electric charge, it will also sound when it is charging up batteries past the trigger point.

One bug / issue that I see is that alarms work for both when resources are being depleted and replenished. If i have an alarm on electric charge, it will also sound when it is charging up batteries past the trigger point.

d!oh . Thanks for that I'll look into whats going on

Thank you so much for the plugin Trigger, even in my stripped down development install of KSP it is a must have :)

I made an alternative Megajoule Icon that is more in line with the KSPI style, thought I'd share it. Use it however you like (and thanks for the templates too Trigger, they are awesome).

Megajoules.png

This isn't covered in the documentation (or in this thread...) so time to ask: What exactly does the "threshold" setting do for visibility? Does it mean the resource will only be displayed if it reaches the Warning Level percentage? Or...something else. Because I'd expect it to change behaviour depending on the Monitoring Levels setting.

Yeah. It could mean a few things now that I think of it. Which is annoying.

Edit: Would you consider sharing those vectors? I'd like to make a bunch more icons and it'd save me a lot of time tracing. Derp. It's all in the template svg. Except for the box used for food and rocket parts. That's not in there.

Edited by phoenix_ca

Thank you so much for the plugin Trigger, even in my stripped down development install of KSP it is a must have :)

I made an alternative Megajoule Icon that is more in line with the KSPI style, thought I'd share it. Use it however you like (and thanks for the templates too Trigger, they are awesome).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10867847/Megajoules.png

Thats pretty Cool, If Fractal_UK is Ok with it (I checked with the mod authors before I published icons for em) them I'm happy to change it. You can follow the instructions here to add it to your own game without changing the plugin stuff - https://sites.google.com/site/kspalternateresourcepanel/makingicons

This isn't covered in the documentation (or in this thread...) so time to ask: What exactly does the "threshold" setting do for visibility? Does it mean the resource will only be displayed if it reaches the Warning Level percentage? Or...something else. Because I'd expect it to change behaviour depending on the Monitoring Levels setting.

Yeah. It could mean a few things now that I think of it. Which is annoying.

Edit: Would you consider sharing those vectors? I'd like to make a bunch more icons and it'd save me a lot of time tracing. Derp. It's all in the template svg. Except for the box used for food and rocket parts. That's not in there.

The thresholds are when the resource goes to warning or alert level. If the visibility is set to threshold then it will hide the resource when the threshold has not been breached - ie if its a warn on low then if the value is above the warning level it will not be hidden. Does that make sense?

I've updated the template with the RP vector for you on another layer.

While you're fixing the alarm bug could you add an option for a continuous alarm past the lower percentage?

Thankyou.

Just to confirm, you want the alarm repeat option to have a different setting for the warning and the alert levels - so it might repeat twoce for a warning and then go continuous for the critical one?

The thresholds are when the resource goes to warning or alert level. If the visibility is set to threshold then it will hide the resource when the threshold has not been breached - ie if its a warn on low then if the value is above the warning level it will not be hidden. Does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense. It's actually exactly what I expected. I just asked because it's not noted anywhere, it seems.

I've updated the template with the RP vector for you on another layer.

Sweet.

Edit: I made some icons. Included in the zip is a changelog with a list of icons. I may end-up doing a pass on all of them. There are a fair few cases where I think readability can be greatly improved.

It's a little sad that the Icons-Player folder doesn't take priority yet. Have to overwrite the default icons.

Edited by phoenix_ca

Isn't that exactly what the "forever" option for the repeats does?

Yes, yes it does. :)

Just to confirm, you want the alarm repeat option to have a different setting for the warning and the alert levels - so it might repeat twoce for a warning and then go continuous for the critical one?

Sorry for bothering you. You're so awesome you incorporated my request before I even requested it :P

It's a little sad that the Icons-Player folder doesn't take priority yet. Have to overwrite the default icons.

Umm, no you dont. You can configure the priority of icons in the settings as you can see in the below screenshot. If you move player to the far left then it will be the highest priority, and the setting persists in the sattings .cfg.

KSPARPMAP2-Styling.png

Maybe I need some better text next to that option? and maybe change the default order

EDIT: I'll have a look at the icons when I get home, love seeing other peoples icons (that makes me weird right?)

Edited by TriggerAu

Yes, yes it does. :)

Sorry for bothering you. You're so awesome you incorporated my request before I even requested it :P

Never a bother :)

I might add an option to set the warning and alert values differently too, I like that idea now :wink:

Umm, no you dont. You can configure the priority of icons in the settings as you can see in the below screenshot. If you move player to the far left then it will be the highest priority, and the setting persists in the sattings .cfg.

https://sites.google.com/site/kspalternateresourcepanel/_/rsrc/1394194821085/images/KSPARPMAP2-Styling.png

Maybe I need some better text next to that option? and maybe change the default order

EDIT: I'll have a look at the icons when I get home, love seeing other peoples icons (that makes me weird right?)

Uhhhhhh...yeah. Some better text would be a good idea (maybe "Priority" instead of "Icons"). Also, removing this part from the Making Your Own Icons page as it's misleading (and what made me think it wasn't implemented):

Currently the panel will look for an icon in the Icons folder, then your custom player folder. I will adjust this later to give people the choice of what icon takes priority
Edited by phoenix_ca