[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Uhhhhhh...yeah. Some better text would be a good idea (maybe "Priority" instead of "Icons"). Also, removing this part from the Making Your Own Icons page as it's misleading (and what made me think it wasn't implemented):
Currently the panel will look for an icon in the Icons folder, then your custom player folder. I will adjust this later to give people the choice of what icon takes priority

Well thats an awesome documentation gaff on an update :(

sorry about that Phoenix_ca . I'll update the docs tonight and note to change the text in game as well

request if possible - a way to show the EC of only the batteries you have activated (that is, turned on in the right-click tweakable menu). It could be similar to the staging display - green is your total battery life and blue is the amount of EC available through activated batteries. I like to disable batteries on my probes when delivering them with a lift vehicle to ensure they stay charged through to my destination regardless of what I might do to the lift vehicle. It would suck to get to the release point and drop a probe with little charge right before a night transition. Also, I like to keep one or two disabled as a safe measure against accidentally running out of charge in general.

request if possible - a way to show the EC of only the batteries you have activated (that is, turned on in the right-click tweakable menu). It could be similar to the staging display - green is your total battery life and blue is the amount of EC available through activated batteries. I like to disable batteries on my probes when delivering them with a lift vehicle to ensure they stay charged through to my destination regardless of what I might do to the lift vehicle. It would suck to get to the release point and drop a probe with little charge right before a night transition. Also, I like to keep one or two disabled as a safe measure against accidentally running out of charge in general.

Wow, I didnt even know you could turn off batteries. The things you learn.

Yep I'll see what I can do with that one, as long as the status is exposed it should be easy enough.

it's a tad bit cheaty to be honest - if using RT2 and your EC runs out but you have a spare battery switched off, you can switch that on even without a RT2 connection. But personally I liken that to a "trickle charge" that keeps the probe alive just enough to receive a signal that wakes it up and make sure I have Line of Sight to "send" the command.

They are nice, however it looks like you exported the background so the alpha has a slight grey touch.

I think you're seeing things. Had I exported the background layer, it wouldn't be "slight".

Edit: You're definitely seeing things. I've checked the imgur uploads, the zipped images, and the master images. All of them look perfectly fine.

And it's a PNG. It doesn't have an alpha channel. O.o Well okay it does, but I don't even touch that. Photoshop even hides it as a general rule.

Edited by phoenix_ca

05M72s2.png

Anyone know what's going on here. it just started doing this and although the data is accurate the color bars have all disappeared.

I've uninstalled it, redownloaded it and sure enough the miss bars still occur.

I guess i'm asking if anyone has any experience with this, or knows what other mods would conflict or effect the Alternate Resource Panel.

thanks for any assistance in advance.

Just wanted to give an update. I've spent the last 3-4 weeks working on all my backend stuff - moving code and history to GitHub, working out where to host mods, testing and all the boring stuff. I think I finally got to the end of that and I can get back to actual coding :)

Anyway's the reason I mention it here specifically is that I have put all the issues/requests/stuff I'm working on for ARP into GitHub Issues. So if you want to see whats there click on over. I'm going to try and keep that as current as I can... while working on two mods, real life and the rest of it, but will how I go :huh:

One bug / issue that I see is that alarms work for both when resources are being depleted and replenished. If i have an alarm on electric charge, it will also sound when it is charging up batteries past the trigger point.

I think I got this one nailed. I found that if the alarm was unacknowledged for critical (ie flashing red) when you charged back up past the alert level and the alarm goes to warning (flashing yellow) the sounds would trigger again.

I got that bit sorted in the code (Issue Link), but were there any other instances anyone has found where the sound fires at the wrong time?

I've got a weird issue; my alt. resource panel is almost in the centre of the screen instead of over the default.

Can you post a pic - I think you mean the button to toggle it?

I've noticed the Waste Heat value can go up and down while showing 0.00 for change rate, so some additional precision in the display for this value would be nice

If its less than 5 thousanths of a number it trims it to 0.00 if its not actually moving you get the -'s , twas a request from someone way back that made sense to me at the time - you get a number if theres any value. Any suggestions on an alternative for that behaviour and I can try it out, adding too many numbers can cause issues.

v2.2.1.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub

A couple of tweaks and one bug

• Added option for splitting display of All_Vessel resources on flow enabled
  • Fixed Alarm firing on transitioning from Alert to Warn (Issue #6)
  • Adjusted Iconset visuals to make more sense (I Hope :) )

The option for splitting display is Gaiiden's request where you can set it up to use the blue bar to show flow enabled resources while green shows the whole vessel. To do this you go to the settings for the resources and under resources that are whole vessel (like ElectricCharge) you will get an option labelled Split Behaviour. If you enable that option then when you disable any batteries their values will be removed from the blue bar and you will then see when the active electric charge will run out. And the green bar will still show you whole vessel.

Hopefully that makes sense

PS. Its also uploaded to http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/220649-alternate-resource-panel , but not showing up yet

Close, but not quite what I asked for. however don't know if it was done this way due to limitations with the plugin/KSP. What I really need is for the blue bar to show only the unused charge. So for example if my craft has 1600 EC and I turn off 500, then the green bar should read 900/1100 (I've simulated partial depletion here) and the blue bar should read 500/500 at all times. This way I know how much I have remaining of usable EC and how much I have in reserve at all times. If the green bar gets down to 150/1100 and I turn on a 300EC battery then the green bar should jump to 450/1400 and the blue bar should change to 200/200. Also, it should work on a single stage craft.

t_ARPimg3.jpg

Current blue bar makes me do the math to figure out how much spare battery I have inactive (20EC). Works fine for small numbers... but also confusing that the EC that is inactive appears to be active like the green bar

t_ARPimg2.jpg

Does not show disabled EC for my single-stage satellite

t_ARPimg1.jpg

Additional small GUI bug when clicking on value settings

Close, but not quite what I asked for. .......

I think I did get it right from the request "It could be similar to the staging display - green is your total battery life and blue is the amount of EC available through activated batteries", but I do think this new idea of blue being your "unused charge" (reserve) makes it easier to understand/use to my mind :) . I'll fiddle with it this weekend. Sorry about the single stage thing I missed that in my testing.

....Additional small GUI bug when clicking on value settings

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try and figure that one out too.

hmm, not sure why that post is only 5 mins ago - sure I posted that this morning... anyways, the reworked split for active/reserve is committed to code and after I fix the dropdown I'll release a new version

Hey Trig, loving the additions you've made to this!

One small request - some mods have some rather large values for resources. When they are staged and have a separate blue bar, the values won't fit in correctly. Is there anything that can be done about this - could they be standardized when the text won't fit (as in 1,100,000 becomes 1.1M or 1100K)? Example:

WasteHeat, stick 12 or so huge radiators on a ship from the Interstellar mod and the numbers are quickly in the hundred-millions. Something like "1.53M / 126.0M" to replace "1534225 / 126025000" would likely allow the text to fit, and for staged (green/blue split) resources too. When the bars are full, at higher values precision is less important to me, if I hit 125M / 126M I need to solve my heat issue, I won't gain anything for waiting to get to 125,999,999.9 :)

Obviously this is only my opinion, so see what others think, maybe have it as an option that can be turned on/off? Or let me know if there is a better method for this/reason why it's a bad idea - love your work, peace!