[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

...One small request - some mods have some rather large values for resources. When they are staged and have a separate blue bar, the values won't fit in correctly. Is there anything that can be done about this - could they be standardized when the text won't fit (as in 1,100,000 becomes 1.1M or 1100K)? ...

Tis a good idea, I've never seen numbers that large myself, but I did fiddle with the formats for stuff in the thousands for a while. Should be easy enought, its on the list - https://github.com/TriggerAu/AlternateResourcePanel/issues/11

Thx Trigger, sorry I did a poor job explaining the feature initially!

No need to apologise, I'm glad you fed back the differences from what you thought. I like how it works now quite a lot, you can get an alarm to fire as you run out of EC which tells you to go and switch on the reserve. Great idea

v2.2.2.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* * Once it's approved

The usual list of stuff:

• Removed links to spaceport
  • Updated PluginFramework Tooltip issue
  • Reworked split display to be Active and Reserve resources (Issue #1 for Gaiiden)
  • Fixed Issues with dropdown and scrollview in resources Config (Issue #10)
  • Adjusted display value for large values to use K and M suffixes (Issue #11)

Enjoy, and as always any comments and feedback are great

Hmm, random ideas go:

For me, if resources are being consumed at a tiny rate, it displays [0.00] correctly. However it also displays [0.00] if they are being generated. Can it display [-0.00] if you are generating? This happens fine for [-0.01] and up (down?), but not 0, for me.

Display the "time-warped" consumption/generation rate when time-warping?

A re-sizable window?

Grouping resources together, instead of using separators so I can move a whole group together?

Have the window be able to split into multiple windows for user customized separation?

Last couple are a bit overkill really, but why not if you were looking for perfection (in my eyes)!

Wowsers, thats some stuff (but I did ask :) ), so one at a time:

• I can look at the tiny value stuff and see what's going on there
  • Can you explain a bit more about time-warped rate, do you mean you'd like it to display the "normal time" rate instead of the rate its changing at while under warp - ie if I accelerate time the rate of consumption doesn't change
  • A resizable window????? Not an outrageous ask, but I think I'd probably go mad trying to do the Unity GUI code in the current version of Unity TBH. I'll note it down, but I think thats gonna be a long term thing - I did have an idea for 2 or 3"sizes" of window, but again its lots of code
  • I'll have a think about that one - might be doable, even if I just add a move group up/down button on the separator lines in the current layout
  • See point 3, but probably not as bad as a resizable window - another long term one

I do want to spend some more time on KAC in the near future too, but will see what I can fit in

Heh sorry the last few are a bit silly; from what little I know about unity/coding in general doing UI windows is difficult in itself, let alone do what you've done already.

Regarding "time-warped rate", I mean like stock - pretty sure it doesn't currently do this (at least in my game)? Example, EC uses [1.00]/sec, I warp to 5x, it should now display [5.00]/sec, not [1.00]/sec.

The standardized values in latest build look way nicer by the way, thanks for that!

Last thought:

Have the ability to turn the "stage" blue bars off entirely, giving just a full green bar? I'm just looking for things now...!

Awweeeesome! The reserve charge display works great.

One more issue I forgot to mention, you can see it in the first image I posted last time:

t_ARPimg3.jpg

Noticed the Stored Charge amount, second from the bottom. No idea why but it only ever shows half the bar. Checked the settings and there doesn't seem to be anything making it do that in there.

Heh sorry the last few are a bit silly; from what little I know about unity/coding in general doing UI windows is difficult in itself, let alone do what you've done already.

Regarding "time-warped rate", I mean like stock - pretty sure it doesn't currently do this (at least in my game)? Example, EC uses [1.00]/sec, I warp to 5x, it should now display [5.00]/sec, not [1.00]/sec.

The standardized values in latest build look way nicer by the way, thanks for that!

Last thought:

Have the ability to turn the "stage" blue bars off entirely, giving just a full green bar? I'm just looking for things now...!

hmm, for the timewarp one I thought it already did do that, but maybe something in the code/versions has changed (wouldnt be the first time). I'll log it and look further

Turning off the stag bars isn't that outrageous an idea :) . I'll look at that one too.

Awweeeesome! The reserve charge display works great.

One more issue I forgot to mention, you can see it in the first image I posted last time:

http://www.blade-edge.com/images/forums/ksp/t_ARPimg3.jpg

Noticed the Stored Charge amount, second from the bottom. No idea why but it only ever shows half the bar. Checked the settings and there doesn't seem to be anything making it do that in there.

Interesting, I'm gonna guess its something to do with the the flow mode of that resource type. Can you ping back what mod that "Stored Charge" comes from and I can dig into the cfg of the resource and compare whats going on.

Interesting, I'm gonna guess its something to do with the the flow mode of that resource type. Can you ping back what mod that "Stored Charge" comes from and I can dig into the cfg of the resource and compare whats going on.

It would be from capacitors in Near Future Electrical

Edited by Gaiiden

@TriggerAu:

I refused to use mods for some time, but now I can't play without them. KAC and ARP are one of the most needed things, that the stock game is missing.

Did you find some time to test the KSP64bit hack? Do you have any idea, how, or why ARP could cause a access violation crash.

Ist not a demand, because in normal game it works flawless.

http://i.imgur.com/tc47cX7.png

Sorry for the delay.

No apologies necessary... so the panel itself is in the wrong spot. So a couple of things:

• If you hit the Reset position button does it move it back to the default location?
  • Are you able to drag it around if you unlock it?
  • Does it jump back there on reload?

Heres the manual pic for the buttons I'm talking about in the settings:

KSPARPMAP2-Styling.png

@TriggerAu:

I refused to use mods for some time, but now I can't play without them. KAC and ARP are one of the most needed things, that the stock game is missing.

Did you find some time to test the KSP64bit hack? Do you have any idea, how, or why ARP could cause a access violation crash.

Ist not a demand, because in normal game it works flawless.

Hi Alewx, Unfortunately I haven't had time to play with that hack yet, I can't think of a reason for the access violation crash itself, but of you want to PM me a pastebin of the logs from a crash I can see if something stands out to me

Hi Alewx, Unfortunately I haven't had time to play with that hack yet, I can't think of a reason for the access violation crash itself, but of you want to PM me a pastebin of the logs from a crash I can see if something stands out to me

Cool thanks for taking the time, have sent you a PM.

Dug this one up and your right, what I did was calculated the rate based on UT that has passed not real time seconds. I'll work out how to add an option that does that instead and people can choose which one they like

If I ever make a real game there might be that opportunity, but for now I'm OK with a word of thanks :)

The rate change code is now done/committed, but I did find one strange thing: the stock panel actually multiplies the rates when you warp in non-phys warp, but they stay at the 1x value under warp in phys warp... very consistent :huh: .

Anyways, got a couple more things to tweak and then a new version will be released

I thought I noticed that myself while playing, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. At least one of the capsules would run out of charge while re-entering if I phys-warped down, but I'd be left with 10% if I didn't.

I swear the calc's are just wrong if you warp past 50x, to the point where you need loads of batteries if you have a large demand for powah and TAC LS is installed or you get deaded Kerbals if you increase the warp rate too quickly - not that that is at all TAC LS's fault - it throttles back to try and stop that, it's just an alpha game issue. Considering HarvesteR's informative recent blog post it's something they'll definitely deal with later; for now just add more batteries, quicksave often and all is good!

Cheers again dude, don't work too hard!

v2.2.3.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* * Once it's approved

A few tweaks and adjustments as per usual:

• Made Version Check download truly background so no lock ups (Issue #20) - big thanks to Ted
  • Fixed rates with tiny negative value not displaying minus indicator (Issue #17 for Pasty2k2)
  • Added Rate Display Options for under warp - can now choose UT or RealTime (RT) (Issue #16 for Pasty2k2)
  • Added option to disable split bars for all resources (Request #18 for Pasty2k2)
  • Added option to disable split bars per resources as well (Issue/Request #14 for Gaiiden)
  • Fixed bug with Reserve display not working on initial vessel load (Issue #21)

A note on the StoredCharge thing for Gaiiden - Looking at the resource cfg and how things work I think that the display mode thats in there now is the right way to do it - its cfg is set to No_Flow. So in the screenshot you had I think what's happening is that the vessel has a bunch of stored charge, but the last stage has none - and thus the short green bar and no blue bar. I'm not sure if the NFE stuff is actually using the charge as if it cant flow around the vessel according to the config. To make the display a bit better I've added an option that allows you to turn off the resource bar splitting on a resource by resource basis, so you can have the StoredCharge resource just have a green bar while the others behave as per usual.

Hope that all makes sense