[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

2 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Any chance you can share your resource config and a save file too?

Do you mean my settings.cfg? Here. Give me a second on the save. I uninstalled ARP (temporarily) and no longer have the save, so I'll have to redo it quick (won't be a minute).

Edit:

Alright, here is the persistent.sfs; it's a brand new Sandbox save, a lot of mods installed (I can strip it down if need be). Only vessel is a stock MK1 Pod in orbit with a Solar Panel piloted by Jeb.

I think I'll do a clean install and give you a save of that too.

Alright, here is a clean save (renamed ARPpersistent.sfs) install just TriggerTech folder (KAC, TransferPlanner, ARP), MM, and Squad.

Just Jeb in an MK1 Pod + Solar Panel on the Launch Pad throwing NRE's.

EtwLpaE.png

Edited by Deimos Rast

2 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Do you mean my settings.cfg? Here. Give me a second on the save. I uninstalled ARP (temporarily) and no longer have the save, so I'll have to redo it quick (won't be a minute).

Edit:

Alright, here is the persistent.sfs; it's a brand new Sandbox save, a lot of mods installed (I can strip it down if need be). Only vessel is a stock MK1 Pod in orbit with a Solar Panel piloted by Jeb.

I think I'll do a clean install and give you a save of that too.

Alright, here is a clean save (renamed ARPpersistent.sfs) install just TriggerTech folder (KAC, TransferPlanner, ARP), MM, and Squad.

Just Jeb in an MK1 Pod + Solar Panel on the Launch Pad throwing NRE's.

EtwLpaE.png

Thanks for that got me to the right place - looks to be something with single stage vessels and the chage in the staging code. Looking now

5 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

@TriggerAu

Just want to say thank you for taking the time to update this most excellent mod!

However, I am having a slight problem with it. Full log here.

I'm getting the below error, and its in game the resource panel only displays "No Current Resources Configured To Display." I've used it obsessively before, so I know my way around it, and the settings and what not seem fine (they're the default) and I can navigate them fine. It's just the panel itself is screwy (I can post a screencap if you need it). This is with 2.8.0.0 with Linux 64.

I'll note that that settings seem to have correctly imported and configured all my resource definitions accordingly, but the panel doesn't seem to read them (at least that's my interpretation of the ingame message).

Cheers.

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,KSPAlternateResourcePanel.ARPResourceList].get_Item (Int32 key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPAlternateResourcePanel.KSPAlternateResourcePanel.RepeatingWorker () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I'm having the same problem. Exception Detector registers 10 throws/s while in the flight scene. This is on Windows 10, ARP 2.8.0.0.

[EXC 01:45:24.331] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
	System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,KSPAlternateResourcePanel.ARPResourceList].get_Item (Int32 key)
	KSPAlternateResourcePanel.KSPAlternateResourcePanel.RepeatingWorker ()
	KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper ()

Also have the same issue with ARP not displaying any resources (though just like @Deimos Rast I can see that all the resources possible are listed in ARP's settings). I'm running a heavily modded setup (223 mods via CKAN). Are there any files I should provide to help? (Not sure what you mean by resource config.)

Edited by phoenix_ca

@TriggerAu Also seems like the option to replace the stock resource menu works, but doesn't stick between Flights. Thanks for all the hard work on this.

EDIT: between game restarts, sorry for the error there.

Edited by vardicd

v2.8.1.0 Now Available

Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from SpaceDock * Once it's approved

Fixing the issue with single stage vessels and also one of the older ones with the flow control button

The replace Stock panel option hasnt worked properly since some changes to the app launcher code - will see if I can dig into that one, but dont hold your breath just yet

1 hour ago, TriggerAu said:

The replace Stock panel option hasnt worked properly since some changes to the app launcher code - will see if I can dig into that one, but dont hold your breath just yet

That's cool, most of the time it's not even an issue, but when I was playing earlier, it was do a launch, shut down game leave, come back do one launch, shut down leave, repeat again and again. that was really the only reason I even noticed it. when I actually get to sit down and play for a while its no issue at all. no worries.

I know DMagic has a "Replace Stock Contract Window With My Infinitely Superior Version" Option (my words) in Contracts Window+ which might be worth taking a peek at. Or it could be apples and orange 'cuz I know nothing about these sort of things, but it's the only thing I can think of as a way of saying thank you for fixing the aforementioned issues.

Thanks.

Edited by Deimos Rast

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

How to hiide empty resource bars?

KSPI adds a LOT of them with ISRU.

• at the bottom of ARP click the button to show settings
  • choose "sylings/visuals" from the dropdown
  • then turn on "Hide empty resources"

There's a documentation page linked from the OP for more info.

On June 13, 2016 at 3:27 AM, TriggerAu said:

I know the problem has been acknowledged, I just wanted to add a bit more to the behavior I'm noticing in case it may help sort something out. I looked back a few pages but didn't see if all this was mentioned. 

So as noted if you leave the game after replacing the stock button  it reverts back. But if you simply just launch a vessel from VAB and then quickly revert the flight back to VAB and launch again the replace function goes right back like nothing changed.  I didn't need to go in to the ARP settings and tell it to again, just simply revert the first flight you launch, or even fly it and the second launch you do will be fine.

also whatever is happening in this bug, while the replace stock reverts after restarting the game, it also hides the KER and KAC buttons from the stock toolbar. Once you do what I mentioned above, all the buttons come back. 

So I just wanted to add a little info in hopes it may help track something down with this issue. I'm in no way rushing you or anything. This isn't a huge problem as it sorts itself out easily while playing. 

Thanks for all the work on your mods. 

Edited by Hevak

thanks for the tips and info - trying to look at it tonight. The code in DMagics plugin is very close to whats in ARP, so hopefully its a slight tweak thats required and will try and nail it out soon - I know its nice to have just the one resource app

EDIT: Its doin my head in a bit - will have t try it with a clearer head in a day or two - kids and their colds :(

Edited by TriggerAu

On 29/06/2016 at 9:09 AM, Hevak said:

I know the problem has been acknowledged, I just wanted to add a bit more to the behavior I'm noticing in case it may help sort something out. I looked back a few pages but didn't see if all this was mentioned. 

So as noted if you leave the game after replacing the stock button  it reverts back. But if you simply just launch a vessel from VAB and then quickly revert the flight back to VAB and launch again the replace function goes right back like nothing changed.  I didn't need to go in to the ARP settings and tell it to again, just simply revert the first flight you launch, or even fly it and the second launch you do will be fine.

also whatever is happening in this bug, while the replace stock reverts after restarting the game, it also hides the KER and KAC buttons from the stock toolbar. Once you do what I mentioned above, all the buttons come back. 

So I just wanted to add a little info in hopes it may help track something down with this issue. I'm in no way rushing you or anything. This isn't a huge problem as it sorts itself out easily while playing. 

Thanks for all the work on your mods. 

Just a +1 here. Stock resources keep coming back, and I cant get to my KER and KAC buttons. And +1 on the thanks for your mods, too. This is one that should just be stock.

On July 4, 2016 at 0:56 AM, TriggerAu said:

Super hard when I can't repro that one here, but I do have an idea - will try and do some work on it tonight

Are you saying you can't repo the ARP replace function reverting? Or you can't repo the behavior I mentioned where it hides other buttons and then will basically fix itself?

if you can't repo either of these then that leads my thinking to some sort of mod conflict interaction. I do use real chutes, usi, Mechjeb and scan sat all which add buttons to the stock toolbar. Though I hide the MJ buttons and use toolbar mod for those.

if I get a chance I'll try and go clean with just ARP and then build out my game data and see if I notice anything else. 

20 minutes ago, Hevak said:

Are you saying you can't repo the ARP replace function reverting? Or you can't repo the behavior I mentioned where it hides other buttons and then will basically fix itself?

if you can't repo either of these then that leads my thinking to some sort of mod conflict interaction. I do use real chutes, usi, Mechjeb and scan sat all which add buttons to the stock toolbar. Though I hide the MJ buttons and use toolbar mod for those.

if I get a chance I'll try and go clean with just ARP and then build out my game data and see if I notice anything else. 

I cant repro the bit where it hides other bits and then fixes itself later. I do have an idea, but I'm really time poor at the moment unfortunately

5 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

I cant repro the bit where it hides other bits and then fixes itself later. I do have an idea, but I'm really time poor at the moment unfortunately

No worries I know you're working on the bug tracker and other stuff. It's not a huge issue either.  If I find out anything if think may help on that part when I do a clean install I'll post it here. 

Thanks for all the work :)

Just to throw more random data out there...

With ARP set to replace, on first time loading flight scene, ARP does not replace stock panel, ARP icon is "below the fold", and KAC icon is missing. Upon scene change and return to flight mode(revert to launch also works), ARP and KAC are where they should be until next time the game is started. This happens every time the game is loaded, without exception.

13 minutes ago, symmeclept said:

Just to throw more random data out there...

With ARP set to replace, on first time loading flight scene, ARP does not replace stock panel, ARP icon is "below the fold", and KAC icon is missing. Upon scene change and return to flight mode(revert to launch also works), ARP and KAC are where they should be until next time the game is started. This happens every time the game is loaded, without exception.

I think the latest version doesn't support replacement of stock resource panel in 1.1.3. However, there were many problems with it in 1.0 either (duplicate buttons etc.).

2 hours ago, garwel said:

I think the latest version doesn't support replacement of stock resource panel in 1.1.3. However, there were many problems with it in 1.0 either (duplicate buttons etc.).

I beg to differ.  I'm running KSP 1.1.3 and I've successfully removed the stock resource panel and replaced it with ARP "above the line".

http://i.imgur.com/lrStgOA.png

(I'd include the image inline but I can't figure out how to do that)

Edited by Brigadier

I try in 1.1.3 not work for me.

UPD: It works! I change in settings.cfg ToggleOn = True. And WORK. Cool.

On 14.07.2016 at 2:53 AM, Brigadier said:

I beg to differ.  I'm running KSP 1.1.3 and I've successfully removed the stock resource panel and replaced it with ARP "above the line".

http://i.imgur.com/lrStgOA.png

(I'd include the image inline but I can't figure out how to do that)

Edited by RomanCat