[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

On 7/28/2016 at 9:41 PM, Bloojay said:

if you're squad staff why is this a mod :V

Also, Bloojay, just because someone's a Squad staff member doesn't mean that everything they write necessarily goes into the stock game.  RoverDude, for example, has lots of mods, to take perhaps the best known example, though other staff members have mods as well.

because squad staff are also individuals who might have different artistic visions that fall outside the purview of what SQUAD considers necessary to maintain a good baseline product. Consider RoverDude's WarpDrive mod for example, or TriggerAu's TransferWindow planner.

But enough on that. @TriggerAu I'm sure you've been busy with the bug tracker business, but any progress on the "replace stock panel" thinger? Obviously a minor issue, but I figured I'd ask since I was here.:)

5 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

because squad staff are also individuals who might have different artistic visions that fall outside the purview of what SQUAD considers necessary to maintain a good baseline product. Consider RoverDude's WarpDrive mod for example, or TriggerAu's TransferWindow planner.

But enough on that. @TriggerAu I'm sure you've been busy with the bug tracker business, but any progress on the "replace stock panel" thinger? Obviously a minor issue, but I figured I'd ask since I was here.:)

Damn! Totallylost track of that in the noise. Sorry guys will look tonight

I gave up on trying to repro the issue with the stock app and have made changes to it to use a similar process to DMagic. It works for me - but as I said I don't see it broken.

I also added some math to the Stock positioning so it takes into account the scaling, but you may not see it until the next scene change.

Rather than push it to all straight away to the public here is a GitHub release with these two - if its all good I'll nail up a real one - https://github.com/TriggerAu/AlternateResourcePanel/releases/tag/v2.8.1.1

If a few peopel could have a go at replacing the stock app to see if this solves that isue it would be much appreciated.

8 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

I gave up on trying to repro the issue with the stock app and have made changes to it to use a similar process to DMagic. It works for me - but as I said I don't see it broken.

I also added some math to the Stock positioning so it takes into account the scaling, but you may not see it until the next scene change.

Rather than push it to all straight away to the public here is a GitHub release with these two - if its all good I'll nail up a real one - https://github.com/TriggerAu/AlternateResourcePanel/releases/tag/v2.8.1.1

If a few peopel could have a go at replacing the stock app to see if this solves that isue it would be much appreciated.

it seems to be just source code, and also says KSP 1.1.2...

thanks for working on it by the way

On 8/6/2016 at 9:06 AM, TriggerAu said:

uhhhhmmm :huh: I tried the new version and it didn't work for me, but I could have sworn the previous version worked fine (only upgraded to check out the scaling compatibility) but when I downgraded to the folder I removed (always save recent past versions) it still didn't work at replacing the stock app. I really thought it did work for me originally. Hrm. (only had KAC, ARP, and some USI mods and Toolbar installed)

A few mins later... wait wait I got it to work. Deleting and trying to recreate

Test #1: ok with the recent version new install of the mod selecting the stock replace option does not work. Then selecting the app launcher creates a second button. Then trying to switch back to stock replace doesn't work

Test #2: Yup ok when I deleted the settings.cfg after reverting to my old install of the mod it worked fine as intended - switching to stock replace took out the app launcher button and replaced the stock button.

Wait... no - dammit. It didn't hold. When I restarted the game the stock button was back and there was an app launcher button for ARP. Setting was still set to stock replace. Switching back to app launcher made a 2nd button but then switching back to stock replace removed the 2nd button and replaced the stock app. But that didn't hold either on restart (did a scene change before Alt-F4)

But wait! There's more! Yes, I realized that when I went into the flight scene, exited out to the space center and re-entered the flight scene, the stock button is now replaced by ARP

Edited by Gaiiden

• 2 weeks later...

Please correct me if I missed something but would it be possible to be able to resize the GUI. I have a 4K screen and ARP can be hard to read. The ablity to increase ( and decrease for smaller screens ) would be great. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2016 at 11:23 PM, Fwiffo said:

Whoot!  Hopefully all these new builds will make my KAC+ARP+64-bit issue go away at the same time.

On 5/5/2016 at 5:38 PM, TriggerAu said:

I am hoping so @Fwiffo

Just noticed your latest release, so I retested the below under KSP 1.1.3 with ARP v2.8.1.1 and KAC 3.7.1, and to my immense joy am no longer able to reproduce the issue I reported back in November last year (and which @Motokid600 had confirmed).

I don't know if it's something you did, or the multithreading improvements made in 1.1.x, but after nearly a year without it I am thrilled to finally be able to bring the much-missed ARP mod back into my GameData.  Yay!

Spoiler
On 11/26/2015 at 11:51 PM, Fwiffo said:

Hi TriggerAu,

My Win-x64 KSP installation seems surprisingly stable, except for one intermittent bug which keeps cropping up when high part count ships explode. After a LOT of testing today I've been able to isolate that it only occurs when ALL of the following are installed:

• Windows 64-bit version of KSP
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.4
  • Alternate Resource Panel 2.7.3

Although the issue is intermittent, I can reproduce it with reasonable frequency under the conditions above. But if any ONE of these three is taken away, it never happens. i.e. I can run 64-bit KSP, with one (but not both) of your mods, and even add my other 50 or so mods back into the mix, and no matter how hard I try cannot reproduce the issue. As soon as both mods are in place, I can reproduce it within about 1 to 5 tries.

Reveal hidden contents

y53gpcc.png

iiNXTeS.png

I recognize this is a hazardous landmine of unsupported misery, and that a lot of modders are (with good reason) simply refusing to deal with anything that bears the scent of Windows 64-bit. But I'm hoping you might nevertheless have some ideas. I'm not afraid to go hacking at the code myself, if you point me in the right direction.

Here's the craft file I've been testing with, and in case that doesn't reproduce it, here's a more complete Environment.zip which also includes my:

• GameData directory, minus the Squad subtree. (Consists of just the two mods)
  • Savegame and test rocket (persistent.sfs and Crasher2.craft)
  • KSP game settings (settings.cfg)
  • Full log file captures for each permutation (both-installed, one-installed, 32-bit, 64-bit, etc)

Steps to reproduce are:

1. Start with pristine KSP 1.0.5.1028 for Windows environment.
  2. Drop in the contents of the zip file, to the appropriate location.
  3. Replace KSP.exe and KSP_Data\Mono\mono.dll with the forbidden, contraband ones described here. (I can PM these to you if needed)
  4. Start KSP.exe, hit Resume Saved, select CrashTest, hit Continue.
  5. Click the launchpad (clear / recover any existing craft if needed), select Crasher2.craft and click Launch.
  6. Once on the launchpad, max out throttle, enable SAS, and hit Launch (spacebar)
  7. Hit Alt + . several times to increment to 4x physics timewarp (helps increase likelihood of collision)
  8. Just after liftoff, activate the first stage (space) to try and cause an explosion. The more destruction the better. Seems to happen more often when the noses of the released pylons crash in toward the center stack, rather than when they drift outward.
  9. Freeze occurs pretty quickly into the explosions. If it doesn't occur within a few seconds, revert to the launchpad and repeat up to 10 times. I can usually get it to happen within about 1 to 5 tries. You can also try wobbling the craft a bit just before staging.

Some other things I've tried / observed:

Reveal hidden contents
  • The behavior is identical under both KSP 1.0.4 and 1.0.5.1028. I've only tested on Windows (no convenient access to a Linux box).
  • Haven't been able to reproduce with low part count ships.
  • Seems just as easy to reproduce immediately after launch of KSP as it is after a long time of playing
  • FPS always crawls right before it happens (around 0.5 FPS if measured using GCmonitor)
  • Happens regardless of whether any alarms are set
  • Happens even when x64 version of the game is moved out of the C:\Program Files (x86) directory (thought it might be some kind of weird thunking special handling thing).
  • Tried updating my graphics drivers, no help
  • Reproduced on two different computers with different nVidia cards
  • Happens whether or not you launch directly from KSC or from VAB Editor
  • Alt+Tab behavior to/from game does not seem to affect the issue (no worse / better)
  • Using or not using command line arguments (-force-d3d11, -popupwindow) also seems to have no impact
  • VSync setting doesn't affect
  • Doesn't seem to matter whether the mod windows are shown/hidden.

Here are some anomalies I've noticed in my logs over the course of my testing, although after investigation I haven't tied any of them explicitly to the issue:

Log highlight 1:

Reveal hidden contents

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to FLIGHT (Async) =====================

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

11/26/2015 8:32:49 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Scene Change from 'SPACECENTER' to 'FLIGHT'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

11/26/2015 8:32:49 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.RepeatingWorker () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

11/26/2015 8:32:50 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue

Log highlight 2 (only in non-freezing):

Reveal hidden contents

11/27/2015 12:40:18 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,API Ready

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at UIManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UIManager.DidAnyPointerHitUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SpaceCenterCamera2.InputCamera () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SpaceCenterCamera2.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

11/27/2015 12:40:19 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Searching for KER

I also noticed some messages about VOIDWrappers etc. Are you using generic exception handlers and dynamically wrapping KSP or Unity types (like VOID, KER)? Is it possible that due to either 64-bit or due to using 1.0.4 dll's for compile, there are typename differences resulting in them not being wrapped?

Appreciate any help you can offer.

I'd also be grateful if another intrepid Windows x64 Kerbalite out there could test this out and confirm whether they see similar behavior.

On 12/26/2015 at 0:00 PM, Motokid600 said:

Id like to bump this inquiry if I may. I'm experiencing the same thing both on Win64 and the 64bit client on Linux as well.

Edited by Fwiffo

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/13/2016 at 1:12 PM, Draconomial said:

Funny that Olympic1's ARP Icons updated for 1.2, but has this mod as a dependency when it's not compatible yet.

Well, there's literally nothing about the ARP icons that would *forbid* them from working in 1.2... :wink: