[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Sorry guys I didnt get any comms about this one, something off with my forum account for the last few weeks. I have just updated to v2.10.0.0 as per me usual process.

Ill chat to @zer0Kerbal about how any changes can be integrated to ARP, or what happens now its been bifurcated

New version recompiled against 1.9.x 

Download from GitHub or Download from Curse or Download from SpaceDock

• Recompile for 1.9.1
  • Fix version checking and initialization issues
  • Fix API Wrapper setup using wrong object for lastStage (Fixes #89)

My apologies. @TriggerAu has updated the original and only Alternate Resource Panel and has been most gracious with my overstepping.

Both the Spacedock and Curseforge entries have been deleted. GitHub has been archived, and will be fully deleted in the next couple of days.

I have asked for my thread to be locked then deleted.

Again - my apologies for overstepping.

12 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

My apologies. @TriggerAu has updated the original and only Alternate Resource Panel and has been most gracious with my overstepping.

Both the Spacedock and Curseforge entries have been deleted. GitHub has been archived, and will be fully deleted in the next couple of days.

I have asked for my thread to be locked then deleted.

Again - my apologies for overstepping.

No need to apologise, and no harm done of any kind. It looks like me forum notifications are working again so Im back in the swing of things, now to see what else we can break in KSP land :P

5 hours ago, zxzx said:

which version work with 1.7.3?

Unfortunately I dont have a specific 1.7.x version, but if you can try v2.9.3.0 (which was for v1.4.x) and let me know. I think I have KSP 1.7.3 in my archive and could compile a new version of that if ARP for that if that version is no good

3 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Unfortunately I dont have a specific 1.7.x version, but if you can try v2.9.3.0 (which was for v1.4.x) and let me know. I think I have KSP 1.7.3 in my archive and could compile a new version of that if ARP for that if that version is no good

I can confirm 2.9.3.0 seemed to have worked fine for me in 1.7.3. Probably 1.5.1 and 1.6.1, too, as ARP is one of my Must Have Mods, so I most likely used it with them, and I dont remember having any reason it *didnt* work for me during those versions...
I was also using it in 1.8.1 and 1.9.1, and it seemed fine vOv

I am using the panel in 1.9.1 just fine. I do have one question / feature request.

I am using a 4K 50in monitor for the game and it is sometime hard to see writing in the top corners. Many mods have movable panels so I can reposition them on the screen. I know the default resource pop up can not be moved, but it would be VERY COOL to be able to move this one to any place on the screen. 

23 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

I am using the panel in 1.9.1 just fine. I do have one question / feature request.

I am using a 4K 50in monitor for the game and it is sometime hard to see writing in the top corners. Many mods have movable panels so I can reposition them on the screen. I know the default resource pop up can not be moved, but it would be VERY COOL to be able to move this one to any place on the screen. 

Been a while since Ive changed it meself, but if you turn off the window lock in the settings then you can move it around

KSPARPMAP2-Styling.png

Actually mine doesn't have that option!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmajv5ftqlilwtv/Kerbal Space Program Screenshot 2020.05.03 - 20.14.25.49.png?dl=0

2 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Been a while since Ive changed it meself, but if you turn off the window lock in the settings then you can move it around

Edited by Atlas Gaming

4 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

That was it... I didn't see the option until I 

Cool, Was dredging the ole memory banks on that one. With the replace on it does lock it like stock - checkd the code just now. Thanks for askin and chatting :) 

@TriggerAu  got this nullref so maybe of importance, unfortunately i accidentally deleted the log so i will post it if it happens again

Spoiler

5/4/2020 10:04:18 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Vessel Change from 'No Vessel' to 'Explorer - 1A'
[EXC 22:04:18.432] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KSPAlternateResourcePanel.KSPAlternateResourcePanel.SetAppButtonToTrue () (at <937bb4d6d6f54a349df59076417a577d>:0)
    KSPAlternateResourcePanel.KSPAlternateResourcePanel.RepeatingWorker () (at <937bb4d6d6f54a349df59076417a577d>:0)
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper () (at <937bb4d6d6f54a349df59076417a577d>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

KSP 1.9.1 BG+MH x64

Edited by dtoxic

• 2 weeks later...

@TriggerAu

Getting NullRefs, the following steps will cause endless nullrefs:

1. Open the panel
  2. Click the Show Settings button
  3. Click the Configure Resource Settings button
  4. In any of the rows, click the monitor button which shows  20/10

This is on KSP 1.9.1.  I included the snippit below, complete log is in the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y12eab24xzz4ixc/ARPErrors.zip?dl=0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KSPAlternateResourcePanel.ARPWindowResourceConfig.DrawWindow (System.Int32 id) [0x00c4b] in <937bb4d6d6f54a349df59076417a577d>:0 
  at KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindow.DrawWindowInternal (System.Int32 id) [0x0000d] in <937bb4d6d6f54a349df59076417a577d>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) [0x00077] in <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00077] in <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

• 2 weeks later...

is anyone else unable to sort the resources at all?? I went down to a bare install and still, the resources do not show up in the order they are set by default, and moving around resources and clicking 'Save' appears to do nothing. However, it's worth noting that where you see Electric Charge positioned? The default location in the list is at the top. After changing it and restarting the game, it is still in the position I moved it to. So the order is being saved, it's just not being reflected on the actual panel for some reason. And the panel seems to be showing the resources in reverse order... :/ Re-downloaded the latest 1.9.1 release and still no functionality with this for some reason.

DIFW2Hk.png

Log file

7 hours ago, dtoxic said:

@Drew Kerman  yeap same here on 1.9.1 modded or not, there are still some minor problems with this mod i guess including this,will just have to wait till i gets sorted out

thanks, good to know I'm not missing something simple. I know this used to work tho so wonder when it broke...

5 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

thanks, good to know I'm not missing something simple. I know this used to work tho so wonder when it broke...

that i cannot tell you as i started using this mod for the first time on 1.9 :)

9 hours ago, Vas said:

I wish this could completely and entirely replace the base game resource panel so that the button for it doesn't even exist anymore and this one just shows up. :P

There's an option to do exactly that. Look through the settings in-game, the documentation on the web site is a bit out of date. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ALWAYS use Alternate Resource Panel! I cannot imagine a playthrough without this. So thank you very much for making and maintaining this great alternative to stock resource management.

Right now, I am playing a JNSQ/TAC-LS career. JNSQ has 12-hour days, while the standard KSP has 6-hour days. When I click the little clock (time till empty) on the Alternate Resource Panel the time to depletion shows Kerbin stock time i.e. the time is based on a 6-hour day calculation (see image below in comparison to the TAC-LS time). Is there a way to show the correct time/use the JNSQ-setting? I find that behaviour strange as Kerbal Alarm Clock works correctly with JNSQ and both mods are by @TriggerAu

mw94wK8.jpg

Maybe someone can help with this. My google and forum search didn't yield any results. Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Edit: I should mention this happens on KSP 1.8.1 with Alternate Resource Panel 2.10.0.0. I tested with 2.9.3.0 but the same problem occurs...

Edited by hoover2701
more info

• 4 weeks later...

@TriggerAu Hey, love this mod.

A recent scan of my ksp.log show ARP spamming it with this error over and over.

I have no idea what it means or how to fix it.

Any clues?

v1.9.1 KSP

v2.10 of ARP

[EXC 17:06:13.890] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KSPAlternateResourcePanel.ARPWindowResourceConfig.DrawWindow (System.Int32 id) (at <937bb4d6d6f54a349df59076417a577d>:0)
	KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourWindow.DrawWindowInternal (System.Int32 id) (at <937bb4d6d6f54a349df59076417a577d>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
[ERR 17:06:13.893] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.

Edited by SkiRich

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 12:17 PM, hoover2701 said:

I ALWAYS use Alternate Resource Panel! I cannot imagine a playthrough without this. So thank you very much for making and maintaining this great alternative to stock resource management.

Right now, I am playing a JNSQ/TAC-LS career. JNSQ has 12-hour days, while the standard KSP has 6-hour days. When I click the little clock (time till empty) on the Alternate Resource Panel the time to depletion shows Kerbin stock time i.e. the time is based on a 6-hour day calculation (see image below in comparison to the TAC-LS time). Is there a way to show the correct time/use the JNSQ-setting? I find that behaviour strange as Kerbal Alarm Clock works correctly with JNSQ and both mods are by @TriggerAu

mw94wK8.jpg

Maybe someone can help with this. My google and forum search didn't yield any results. Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Edit: I should mention this happens on KSP 1.8.1 with Alternate Resource Panel 2.10.0.0. I tested with 2.9.3.0 but the same problem occurs...

Same here.

That's actually hardcoded with support for Stock and RSS only. See the GIT issue I opened for more details: https://github.com/TriggerAu/AlternateResourcePanel/issues/97

@TriggerAu: Thx a lot for your amazing mods, KAC, TWP and ARP are all-times favorites of mine and I would not play without them. They are that good!!!