[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

• Added feature so Mod owners can provide a Texture with their Mod and KSPARP will read that
  • Added config so players can choose the order of precedence for the icon sets

Perhaps this has already been answered, but where should a mod include its custom textures in order to be loaded by KSPARP?

Perhaps this has already been answered, but where should a mod include its custom textures in order to be loaded by KSPARP?

Not covered yet, I plan updating the documentation tonight after work. In a nutshell the Textures just go with your Mod, and in the RESOURCE_DEFINITION of your resource you add a new value called ksparpicon like below

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = MyAwesomeResource
density = 0.0001
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
ksparpicon = MyAwesomeMod/Textures/MyAwesomeResourceIcon
}

and the texture is a file stored in that path... <KSP_INSTALL>/Gamedata/MyAwesomeMod/Textures/MyAwesomeResourceIcon.png or tga, etc. KSP will load the texture and I just reference it. Icon has to be no greater than 32x16

thats what I can remember on the train anyway :)

Hey man - love this mod!

One small request and this would be perfect for me - I find myself having to use the stock display occasionally, when consumption rates are very low (< 0.01). The stock panel doesn't display anything in braces when there is no consumption, so if I see 0.00, I know at least some is being used (in the case of nuclear reactors from KSPI, and waste heat buildup). With your panel, the display is always 0.00 so I can't tell... Is there any way to make the numbers disappear entirely if rate consumption is 0, rather than display zero? Or perhaps display -.-- instead?

Thanks for the huge effort put into this, it makes the game feel so much nicer when playing with mods!

Hey man - love this mod!

One small request and this would be perfect for me - I find myself having to use the stock display occasionally, when consumption rates are very low (< 0.01). The stock panel doesn't display anything in braces when there is no consumption, so if I see 0.00, I know at least some is being used (in the case of nuclear reactors from KSPI, and waste heat buildup). With your panel, the display is always 0.00 so I can't tell... Is there any way to make the numbers disappear entirely if rate consumption is 0, rather than display zero? Or perhaps display -.-- instead?

Thanks for the huge effort put into this, it makes the game feel so much nicer when playing with mods!

Sounds like a cool idea, I'll add it to the workitem list today

W00t! Nice one!

The only final thing I can think of that the stock panel does is when you hover over a resource, it highlights which parts contain that resource on your ship, with the tickbox to keep them showing. Useful for timing stage separations perfectly, and a few other things.

Pretty minor though, and I'm not sure how feasible that would be to implement - I'd suggest a config option to turn it off for those that don't want the extra screen clutter if they don't use it, a-la what its like now, if it is doable. No worries though if its a PITA, cheers again pal!

W00t! Nice one!

The only final thing I can think of that the stock panel does is when you hover over a resource, it highlights which parts contain that resource on your ship, with the tickbox to keep them showing. Useful for timing stage separations perfectly, and a few other things.

you can do that with vanilla ksp: just hold ALT when you are moving your camera, and won't stop showing the resource GUI (It helps sometimes to transfer between fuel tanks that are placed at strange places on a space station).

you can do that with vanilla ksp: just hold ALT when you are moving your camera, and won't stop showing the resource GUI (It helps sometimes to transfer between fuel tanks that are placed at strange places on a space station).

Indeed, I know this, as I said "only thing I can think of that the stock panel does", that ARP doesn't - would be nice for the ARP to do it too, then I can ignore the vanilla resource panel entirely. I'm looking at ARP as a complete replacement for the stock panel, with all standard features plus loads more, and it looks nicely polished to boot.

Someone correct me if that isn't the intended direction of the mod, but it's sooo close to be able to claim that I'd say go for it - with ALL the config options!

Yeah, but autostage is on the to-do list of ARP.

Autostage? As in, Mechjeb-style, I don't have to worry about timing it or even doing anything? OK if people want that, I wouldn't use it personally myself but fair enough, seeing as it does staging in map view may as well go all the way I suppose, if Trigger deems it done!

On staging, if I lock it (Alt-L), does the "Activate stage" button still work on ARP? If so then is it possible to lock staging at all times/by default, so I have to use that button for every ship? The amount of times I've accidentally the spacebar when I mean't to press X to kill engines, only to realise the quicksave was hours ago... This would stop that for me! Or if you can't lock it by default, can we change the default key to stage from spacebar, does anyone know?

I left off at trying to highlight parts as I wasnt sure how many people used that. It is in my head to look at though, but I think the alarm type functionality is of higher priority to me right now.

I added the basic staging stuff to this as I wanted it, but didnt think a whole nother mod was necessary, and I am planning to add somthing to it so that if the current "last" stage has no fuel left it will simply advance stages - probably not to the sophistication that MechJeb will be at, but it will be optional. I dont think in the current code that it will override the stage lock, but havent tested it, I can add that too if people are interested, even if I cant override it directly I coould, unlock->stage->lock in code pretty simply.

Thank you for another great mod, Trigger!

I left off at trying to highlight parts as I wasnt sure how many people used that.
It's pretty useful with planes and SSTOs to check if your fuel line setup draws fuel from the correct tanks to keep the CoM roughly in the same spot. Another interesting use is for air intakes to compare their performance (B9 adds a couple of new intakes). It would be a 'nice to have' feature imo but not high priority.

I would really like to have the background totally transparent. I already tried to adjust the img_PanelBack.png to an all-transparent image but that didn't change anything. Is it possible to change the bg?

I would really like to have the background totally transparent. I already tried to adjust the img_PanelBack.png to an all-transparent image but that didn't change anything. Is it possible to change the bg?

The two options use the unity skin, or the png file. If you edit the file so its a 16x16 totally transparent png, and then restart the game (as the png is only loaded on start) you will get a clear background when you choose the KSPPanels Style, as below

LoRO08F.png

Heres the png file I used - Must be called img_PanelBack.png where teh original is - https://sites.google.com/site/kspalternateresourcepanel/images/img_PanelBack_Trans.png?d=1

So just for some feedback, before I get too far down this path, is the below useful for people?

click on the bar in the panel and it toggles the part screens. I have some layout work to do to stop overlaps, and some highlighting to show what's selected, but would be interested in feedback.

AQIqpON.png

k1JC2cA.png

That looks ace - go for it! Looks better than stock, I'm pretty sure it doesn't group fuels together in one window like your example above does, and the lines to show you which tank is which window is awesome. Very un-confusing!

I love it!

Any chance the boxes could (at least for small movements) stay still and the lines move instead? I hate when I'm trying to click a button and it keeps moving around under my mouse.

Will try, as it annoys me when stuff flicks around lots too :)

I love this mod, it has completely replaced the stock panel for me. One feature I'd like to see is the option to toggle the display of specific. resources on and off. Maybe one tab that displays them all where you can check them on and off, and another tab that only displays the checked resources. I don't really need to see some of the resources all the time, such as the TAC wastes and such.

Just a small suggestion, take it as you will :) Keep up the great work!

I love this mod, it has completely replaced the stock panel for me. One feature I'd like to see is the option to toggle the display of specific. resources on and off. Maybe one tab that displays them all where you can check them on and off, and another tab that only displays the checked resources. I don't really need to see some of the resources all the time, such as the TAC wastes and such.

Just a small suggestion, take it as you will :) Keep up the great work!

Sorting/Filtering is something I really want to get to, but this partwindow idea has tweaked my imagination. Along with that I'm working at rejigging the code to make it more Object Oriented and want to add that and "alarms" next, but adjusting the displayed resources is on the list