[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Hi, I love it. Especially the design of those little icons.

Unfortunately I have the bug that on some rockets the blue "stage specific fuel" is one stage of. I need to test this further but with this craft it should show up (you at least need KW Rocketry and Real Fuels I guess). The first stage consists of SRBs and a liquid fuel engine but it only shows the solid fuel.

I will try to get screenshots so you can see what I am talking about.

Fabian

Hi, I love it. Especially the design of those little icons.

Unfortunately I have the bug that on some rockets the blue "stage specific fuel" is one stage of. I need to test this further but with this craft it should show up (you at least need KW Rocketry and Real Fuels I guess). The first stage consists of SRBs and a liquid fuel engine but it only shows the solid fuel.

I will try to get screenshots so you can see what I am talking about.

Fabian

I'll have a look at that with the new code base when I get a chance. I've ended up going back to scratch almost and writing some templated code for settings, monobehvaiours, windows and other stuff so it might be a little while.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
could you add a display when we click on a resource icon so it will show every part that is using that resource and the current rate (both + and -) thus we can see exactly what is contributing, and how much, to the final consumption rate.

Hmm, interesting idea... Hold on a minute...

So after about a month of rewriting code and a lot of other stuff...

Version 2.0.1.0 is on Spaceport

Basically this is a complete rewrite of the previous plugin using the new KSPPluginFramework. A short list of the changes is:

• Complete Code rewrite using KSPPluginFramework as base
  • Updated some of the Icons
  • Added ability to select resource and see part specific lists
  • Added hover ability on part windows to highlight parts
  • Added Resource Display options - Sort, grouping
  • Added Resource Visibilty Options - Visible, Hidden or on Threshold
  • Added Resource Monitors - set warning and alert thresholds
  • Added Alarm Sounds + Acknowledgement
  • Added Show on Alert for hidden window
  • Added Update Checker from KAC

The one thing that may not be too obvious is that you can use your own sounds for the alarms, I made two sounds so there is a default Warning and Alarm for use (and they took me ages... I am not a sound engineer thats for sure), but to add others just plug wav files in to the Sounds folder and they will show up in the drop down list.

Here's an image album and a video showing a lot of the new features, I'm particularly stoked with the selecting last stage resources and seeing the part specific windows

[table]

[tr]

[td=width:600]

Javascript is disabled. View full album
[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Have fun

Is there any reason as to why I can't actually close the resource panel?

When i click on it it stays where it is

Edit: actually it only happens sometimes, odd :/

Edit 2: It's actually pretty annoying, it may be due to the fact that the other resource panel is able to be clicked while the new one is open

Edited by Boamere

Thx for the update! ^_^

But is there a way to make resource panel background transparent?

There is the Unity smoke skin you can choose under styling, if you mean totally transparent I should be able to add another skin pretty easily, although dragging windows might be interesting with no background. Let me know if its a totally transparent window your after?

Is there any reason as to why I can't actually close the resource panel?

When i click on it it stays where it is

Edit: actually it only happens sometimes, odd :/

Edit 2: It's actually pretty annoying, it may be due to the fact that the other resource panel is able to be clicked while the new one is open

I set it up to be the same as the other resource panel. Basically you dont ever close it, but the following three things control whether the window is visible:

• If your mouse is over the button, or the window then it will be visible
  • Clicking on the button toggles the visibility between hoverover mode (as above) or always on
  • If you set the show on alarm option, it will also be visible when there are non-acknowledged alarms

If you take your mouse away from the window andit doesnt disappear, click the button once and then move your mouse away again and it should be gone. If the issue is different to that then let me know and I can work through it with you.

Ok thanks will try now :)

Edit: Ok didn't click on the panel but it randomly appeared

3RE2LUS.png

now I click on the panel and move my mouse off and it stays, then if i click again it still stays

Edit: actually i think i realise why, it must have been on an alarm modem, as you can see the waste heat is low so it alarms and wont close, whereas i want it alarming when it is too high!

Edit 3: It still wont close though, an you tell me what I need to change?

Edited by Boamere

Ok thanks will try now :)

Edit: Ok didn't click on the panel but it randomly appeared

http://i.imgur.com/3RE2LUS.png

now I click on the panel and move my mouse off and it stays, then if i click again it still stays

Edit: actually i think i realise why, it must have been on an alarm modem, as you can see the waste heat is low so it alarms and wont close, whereas i want it alarming when it is too high!

Edit 3: It still wont close though, an you tell me what I need to change?

I'd guess that something in the code is saying to force the window on even though the alarms are off for the low resources. Can you try turning off the show window on alarm setting shown here and see how that goes?

KSPARPMap.png

Hi,

super mod;) but I have the same problem as boamere.

on the rocket "Kerbal X" the window opens to 15k

but activating all alarms you realize that 15k is an active alarm

liquidfuel.

hoping that it can help you solve the problem;)

If you want to discuss more I can give you my skype

Bye

sorry for my English;)

Just a quick little bug report here for the new version (which is otherwise totally awesome) -- during physics warp, the rate-of-change numbers sometimes all flicker over to "NaN". I haven't seen this in uh, "on-rails warp", however, just physics warp (in atmosphere/alt+warp keys type warp).

It's not a major problem though, there's no red in the alt-f2 log and it doesn't seem to cause any trouble, just a minor cosmetic thing.

Thanks for the info everyone I'll get on to these two issues tonight

EDIT: I think I've found the bugs (looking in the code while travelling), so should be able to republish tonight (about 4-5 hours)

Edited by TriggerAu
Found em!

I just wanted to start this off with 'awesome work, and the alarms are a touch that this game was seriously lacking.' Im not 100% sure if its this mod or not, im going to start some troubleshooting here in a few minutes because it was so late last night when i downloaded the update and ran it i couldnt be asked to figure it out... But since i updated this last night (had to get it for the alarms. awesome work again), when in the main flight screen, the diamond box that highlights near objects, and the one that shows what your targeting (color difference) do not appear for me anymore.. approaching something in orbit on the dark side, i have NO indication of where any vessel is, or what my relation is to target... Pretty sure its this mod because it didnt occur untill i updated

Lemme know if you need any other info from me, or a better explanation.. like i said.. im going to start to troubleshoot it here in a moment..

EDIT: Having some other game issues.. think i might have a bit of corruption and might need a new install of the game and my mods.. Side note, i always make sure to delete the old copy, and fresh extract. never overwrite...

-- secondary problem was between keyboard and chair... going back to working on primary issue

--- Spent all night troubleshooting and testing mods and compatibility. the issue was in my copy of mod itself.. something just didnt download right.. Just a reinstall of it didnt fix it, i had to redownload it, than reinstall it.. now shes working like a champ.. Going to download the V2 and give her a go.. (noticed the NaN issue someone else was speaking of) Thanks for the awesome mod..

Edited by ophetious

That resource list with the lines pointing to the part, that's absolutely brilliant. I wish that was stock because when alt+clicking parts and they are close enough, they overlap. And if it happens to fuel tanks, I'd have to move the camera a bit so I can click the transfer buttons. That could be a mod of its own, non-overlapping info panels!

Thank you for the update!

I have the resource bar texture not displaying. Other textures show up.

Oinker_Resource_Panel_Problem.jpg

Here's a copy of my config: http://ronwelch.net/images/OinkerARPsettings.cfg

I'm using the 2/17/2014 7:05pm build 2.0.1.0

--------------------------------------

I was using an older version (prior to 1.0) of Texture Replacer, which contains texture compression. The tex compression was squishing the icon bars to DXT1. Updating Texture Replacer fixed this problem.

Edited by Oinker
Found the problem!