[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Thanks for the tip guys, I forgot the folder thing (this has been sooo long in the making). Anyways...

v2.0.2.0 now on Spaceport

• Fixed NaN issue on rates
  • Fixed alarm visibility issue
  • Double-checked all image paths and file extensions

Again, thanks for the speedy and helpful feedback.

But is there a way to make resource panel background transparent?

If you wanna see what this looks like you could swap img_PanelBack_Trans.tga for img_PanelBack.tga and let me know

I have the resource bar texture not displaying. Other textures show up.

http://ronwelch.net/images/Oinker_Resource_Panel_Problem.jpg

Here's a copy of my config: http://ronwelch.net/images/OinkerARPsettings.cfg

I'm using the 2/17/2014 7:05pm build 2.0.1.0

I've double checked the files and stuff and cant replicate here, if you can pastebin your debug log and look for file errors in there it would be ace - also if you had the old version installed (because I forgot to mention that :( ) then try a new install after removing all versions of KSP Alternate Resource panel

... going back to working on primary issue

Let me know if theres anything I can help on

Have you changed the folder structure here?

Where do I put it, it looks different then my (working) install of the last version.

Yes, its a totally new plugin in a sense and the structure got changed around. I had forgotten to add it to the OP that you should remove the old one and install this version fresh, but updated the OP Last night. The Triggertech folder will still be in the same place, and then the KSPALternateResourcePanel folder which contains the dll and other stuff.

I apologise for forgetting the folder thing as it is pretty important

Again, thanks for the speedy and helpful feedback.

No, thank YOU for the nice mod. It's much more polished and handy than the stock resource panel. Transparency, colors, stays open all the time, looks neat and tidy..and now has sortable elements and alarms and all sorts of goodness.

I forgot to install it in one of my alternate-set-of-mods KSP installations, and the stock panel drove me mad within an hour.

I forgot to install it in one of my alternate-set-of-mods KSP installations, and the stock panel drove me mad within an hour.

I had a similar problem. I didn't have it intalled while testing something else and couldnt' figure out why my rocket wouldn't stage in map mode. I'd forgotten that wasn't just part of the stock game :)

No prob, was just confused. :)

But I like it better this way, every mod in its own subfolder (should you change KAC as well that is).

Thats next on the list, but its a much larger code base. I'm pondering doing a whole rewrite like I did with this, or just tweaking it.. still undecided

Thats next on the list, but its a much larger code base. I'm pondering doing a whole rewrite like I did with this, or just tweaking it.. still undecided

If you need any extra hands testing your builds before release, i would love to help out...

Ok the display to show all the bits that use a resource is nice but not quite what I had in mind....

What I really would like is a spreadsheet view that that if I click on the power icon it will list all parts that store power like you do now in the display, but just in a list. but also it will show any parts that use power or generate power as well. so it will show a section for storage capacity, then a section for generators, and finally a section for what is consuming the power, and then a final line showing the net change.

and as an added bonus if possible if these parts have toggles to turn on and off allow me to do that from here as well.

Basically what I want is a easy way to fine tune the power consumption, or water consumption etc. so I need to know everything that produces it and every thing that uses it as well as the storage capacity.

Ok the display to show all the bits that use a resource is nice but not quite what I had in mind....

What I really would like is a spreadsheet view that that if I click on the power icon it will list all parts that store power like you do now in the display, but just in a list. but also it will show any parts that use power or generate power as well. so it will show a section for storage capacity, then a section for generators, and finally a section for what is consuming the power, and then a final line showing the net change.

and as an added bonus if possible if these parts have toggles to turn on and off allow me to do that from here as well.

Basically what I want is a easy way to fine tune the power consumption, or water consumption etc. so I need to know everything that produces it and every thing that uses it as well as the storage capacity.

Thanks for the info, I get what your after. I'll have a look at what I have and whats possible in the API, some of the info you can gather about resources is rather sparse, and thus why the current code simply looks for the delta change in stored amounts (I wont tell you how much time I wasted trying to find info on electrical generators). I'll post back here when I see whats possible.

Hi Trigger Au,

may I ask what changed since version "2.0" about the order resources are listed? With version "1.whatever" resources were listed in the same order the standard resources panel works, and in particular electric charge at top, then monoprop, and after other kinds liquid fuel and oxidizer close to each other.

Now I believe they are listed in the order resources are defined when files are parsed across GameData.

IMHO, electric charge at top (given the variability and importance) and LF -OX close to each other (as they are used together with rockets) is best.

BTW, thanks again for making and still improving this wonderful mod.

Hi Trigger Au,

may I ask what changed since version "2.0" about the order resources are listed? With version "1.whatever" resources were listed in the same order the standard resources panel works, and in particular electric charge at top, then monoprop, and after other kinds liquid fuel and oxidizer close to each other.

Now I believe they are listed in the order resources are defined when files are parsed across GameData.

IMHO, electric charge at top (given the variability and importance) and LF -OX close to each other (as they are used together with rockets) is best.

BTW, thanks again for making and still improving this wonderful mod.

The initial layout in 2.x is the order they get parsed from the resources file yes, but once running you open the Resource Settings and each player can configure up the order and visibility as they see fit (same place where you set the alarm levels for each resource). As you can see in the manual pic below - I do have my Electric, etc at the top, with a separator so I can easily see where fuels start. Clicking the name of the resource or the Alarm percentage button will toggle the display of details for a resource type

KSPARPMap2-ResConf.png

Does that make sense?

EDIT: Oh and you can see that in play in the Youtube Video in the OP

Edited by TriggerAu

AWESOME. Sorry I did not find that, all those very nice new features show I must learn again how to properly use this mod.

No need to apologise, there is a lot changed in this release - the instructions page has annotated pics for all the screens and is a good reference (I think anyway)

Greetings,

Speaking of the spacers - Would it be possible to make the spacer wider so there is a better visual indicator of what's grouped together? Heck, even making it a configurable option would be awsome! Now that I'm thinking about it would it also be possible to change the size of the UI text? For us old, poor eyed buggers it would be a god send. :-)

Best regards,

The Dude

(Properly caffeinated and in the right forum.)

Greetings,

Speaking of the spacers - Would it be possible to make the spacer wider so there is a better visual indicator of what's grouped together? Heck, even making it a configurable option would be awsome! Now that I'm thinking about it would it also be possible to change the size of the UI text? For us old, poor eyed buggers it would be a god send. :-)

Best regards,

The Dude

(Properly caffeinated and in the right forum.)

I can think of a relatively easy way to adjust the spacer width (configurable). The Text size however is an "interesting challenge", without getting too technical Unity doesn't provide the best capabilities when designing/coding GUI things (forms/controls/etc). To change the font size will require a lot of coding and changing sizes (in pixels) of most things, I'll have a look, but I I can't commit to that change for my old eyes either.