[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Also having issues with texture for resource bars no appearing at all.

From prior post:

I was using an older version (prior to 1.0) of Texture Replacer, which contains texture compression. The tex compression was squishing the icon bars to DXT1. Updating Texture Replacer fixed this problem.

Check if you're using an older version of Texture Replacer (which contains rbray89's tex-compress code) or Texture Compressor or Visual Enhancements (by rbray89). I'm not sure if VE has the tex-compress code but it might. Your output log probably mentions the image loading followed by "file compressed to DXT1". All my other files showed compression to DXT5.

Thanks for the help. BoulderCo texture compressor cause of conflict. cannot find a way to keep Texture Compressor from messing up resource bars. Constant CTD without Texture Compressor however so looks like this plugin is not an option for me, bummer... Great work though. a simple yet much needed feature. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the help. BoulderCo texture compressor cause of conflict. cannot find a way to keep Texture Compressor from messing up resource bars. Constant CTD without Texture Compressor however so looks like this plugin is not an option for me, bummer... Great work though. a simple yet much needed feature. Keep up the good work.

There are means of disabling the texture compressor feature for certain mods / folders. We'll have to look into it or otherwise make sure the KSP-ARP gets added to the pre-set configurations.

Use rbray's "Texture Compressor". The tex compression in Visual Enhancements and Texture Replacer will be disabled in favor of this mod controlling it. This one has a config in which you can disable compression on specific files/folders. Make sure you have the latest version of all three mods. I don't recommend the "agressive" version because the normal maps become too blocky and unsightly.

I didn't need it, however, because just updating the Texture Replacer and Visual Enhancements to the latest versions with default settings stopped the display problem with the resource bars.

Please don't make things bigger, those of us little crappy little screens are already dealing with 25% of the screen covered by this (It's worth it... most of the time)!

I always make that kind of stuff configurable GavinZac, so dont stress.

Have you tried setting resources thresholds so the list is short unless something is low?, that can save you some space. Or in conjunction with using it in hover mode, then it only appears when an alarm fires or you hover over it, so many options :)

Hey Trigger... You should figure a way to get the alarm system to integrate in with the warning lights and systems of the rasterprop system.. That would be some cool jazz right there... lights a blinkin and alarms a buzzin as you burn up trying to aerocapture around jool.... *sigh* good times...

Hey Trigger... You should figure a way to get the alarm system to integrate in with the warning lights and systems of the rasterprop system.. That would be some cool jazz right there... lights a blinkin and alarms a buzzin as you burn up trying to aerocapture around jool.... *sigh* good times...

I was wondering about making some of the events public and publishing an API Interface - then rasterprop could consume those events if both are installed maybe

Is it possible to integrate this into the Toolbar? I know the previous version was, but this one is not.

From this mod window, click "Open Settings..", navigate to Settings Section = "Styling/Visuals", under Styling find the "Use Common Toolbar" selector.

Of course, with the Toolbar, set the Button Visibility for this tool, or it won't appear.

Is there no way to fix the resource bars when using visual enhancements without using the texture compression mod. I have no need for that mod and don't want to use it but I love both the VE and this mod?

I think I'll need more info on that one sorry. What issue do you see with the Resource Bars?

(The textures in this mod are a total of approx 70kb)

I think I'll need more info on that one sorry. What issue do you see with the Resource Bars?

(The textures in this mod are a total of approx 70kb)

Totally my oversight, i fixed the issue was running an older version of TextureReplacer.dll for custom Kerbal skins, once I updated it your mod is back to it's awesome self. :)

Totally my oversight, i fixed the issue was running an older version of TextureReplacer.dll for custom Kerbal skins, once I updated it your mod is back to it's awesome self. :)

Phew, I thought I'd broken someone else's mod there for a sec. Good news, enjoy

You would be my hero... Seriously. :cool:

We'll I'm half way there, I've managed to make the properties and field visible via an API, but the Events are killing me. Close, but no idea how long it will take me to get enough understanding of reflection to make this work :(

Does your mod check versioning on startup to see if there is an update for us? I tried to install a mod that was supposed to track all the mods I have installed and see if updates are available but I could never get it to work. so now just have to manually check all the mods every few days to see if any are updated.

Hey just quickly stopping by to say that I absolutely love your mod!! I went on to update my mods and this one was on the list of those needing an update.

The ability to set alarms, hide resources, reorder them, separators. Wow, just wow!!! This has become such an important mod to get. I popped back the old ksp resource panel and I could barely watch it for 5 seconds that I got back to your panel :P . Great work there, really awesome!!!

On a side note, if you are open to suggestion, there was one feature I would love to have in it, nothing major.

-In my quest to make my current screen space as efficient as possible (only display windows when it is required to do so), I was wondering if it was possible to have the option to hide a specific resource when it is empty. Right now we can do that with the alert system however I have found one specific situation where I cannot do it.

My ox/liquid fuel. I want it to alert me once I get below a set amount, that is fine here. However I cannot make it hide when I run out of fuel as having the alert for the low values makes the resources stay on screen when empty. My line of thought with this is that I want to be alerted when I am about to run out but once I am empty, well I don't need to be alerted / to see that resource anymore as there won't be any use for it again until I refuel it. So I was thinking about a simple checkbox to hide a specific resource when empty, configurable per resource.

-Another suggestion would be to have the panel display all resources, even those that were configured to be hidden, under a specific situation. As an example again, say I want to check my TAC air/food/water reserves but I configured them to warn me only once it reaches 55%. However I want to quickly check them to see how far I am before I reach alert levels. An option to have it display all the resources for a second or two could help with that. I don't quite know what could be used as a trigger, mouseover the panel maybe? keyboard shortcut? something else?

What do you think??

Cheers!

SV

Does your mod check versioning on startup to see if there is an update for us? I tried to install a mod that was supposed to track all the mods I have installed and see if updates are available but I could never get it to work. so now just have to manually check all the mods every few days to see if any are updated.

If you have the Daily Update check enabled it will check once a day on first load. It's on by default and you can see the option in the "About..." section of the settings. If there is a new version the settings button will flash an alert symbol. If you dont want it to check daily you can click the check now button in "About..." and it will show you the web version there, so you dont have to search web pages.

All the same as the one in KAC.

What do you think??

Cheers!

SV

The first one should be easy enough, and I can think of something for the second as well, just need to work out a nice way not to clutter the interface with too many buttons, will try and do something in the next update.

Ok the display to show all the bits that use a resource is nice but not quite what I had in mind....

What I really would like is a spreadsheet view that that if I click on the power icon it will list all parts that store power like you do now in the display, but just in a list. but also it will show any parts that use power or generate power as well. so it will show a section for storage capacity, then a section for generators, and finally a section for what is consuming the power, and then a final line showing the net change.

and as an added bonus if possible if these parts have toggles to turn on and off allow me to do that from here as well.

Basically what I want is a easy way to fine tune the power consumption, or water consumption etc. so I need to know everything that produces it and every thing that uses it as well as the storage capacity.

So after some looking around and fiddling with code, there is not a really good way to do this. The API does not provide a way to find all "generators/drains" on a resource type, so I might have to park this idea unless someone comes up with something (or the API changes). There is an existing mod called FuseBox which has a lot of the bits in it for Electricity, but every time a new part comes along they need to check/update code. I'd rather not get into a cycle like that here, but I'll keep my eye out if the API changes, or something.