[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Finally got some time to work on the backlogs :)

• Fixed issues with resource Density and display values (Issue #71 and #66)

Rules so much. Now I can see solid resources in kg or tonnes vs the default liters. So excited.

Edit: Can we define a node in resources that tells ARP what the developer's preferred display unit is? Something like

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = BioMass
density = 0.00382500
flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
unitCost = 3.825
ksparpicon = BioMass/Textures/BioMass
DisplayValueAs = Kilograms
}

Edited by seanth

• 4 weeks later...

Would it be possible to have the resource transfer allow you to select multiple tanks as "out" or "in" then transfer evenly?

For example could select 6 tanks as out, 1 as in, and it would drain evenly from the 6 into the 1 (or vice versa). Similar to stock behavior.

Except your window is nicer because you don't have to hunt for the tanks and alt+right-click.

• 3 weeks later...

v2.7.3.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

• Adjusted Resource transfer code to allow multi out/in transfers - not just one to one (Issue #79)
  • Fixed oversight that allowed staging to work when it should have been locked out (Issue #77)
  • Added ability for Modders to predefine a displayas setting for new installs (Issue #75)
  • Fixed selection issue for dropdown lists and multi pages

details on the exact config for defining the displayvalueas setting for modders can be found on the google site with the other manual pages

A question about my icon packs:

I plan to merge all the seperate packs into 1 big one for the following reasons:

• Mostly for CKAN compatiblility
  • Reduce the .version files from 7 to 1
  • Reduce the file count

But of course I want the opinions of you guys about this.

The only reason I can think of not to is burning up lots of memory space on icons that aren't used. And that is only an issue if they take up a non-trivial amount. I would think the amount of memory all the packs take up together wouldn't breach 5mb.

• 1 month later...

What does the "Threshold" visibility setting do?

EDIT: Wait, I've worked it out. It means the resource is only visible if the amount remaining is less than or equal to the "warning level" percentage, I think

Edited by baldamundo

What does the "Threshold" visibility setting do?

EDIT: Wait, I've worked it out. It means the resource is only visible if the amount remaining is less than or equal to the "warning level" percentage, I think

Exactly :) Apologies that thats not in the manual page - updating it is on my rainy day list

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of Total/current stage meters, could we have the total replaced with "unstaged" instead? Also, making the bars' lengths proportional to their total would be a neat feature.

Also, it's rather annoying to have the same information shown twice, If I have the option to show the current and total on, but the current stage is the only one with that resource, it should really only be one bar, not two bars showing the same amount.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you thought about adding a button to your resource transfer that would equalize or balance out the resources in the selected tanks? I love your mod but I need to have TAC Fuel Balancer installed just to balance tanks ever once in a while. It would be great if you add the function.

Have you thought about adding a button to your resource transfer that would equalize or balance out the resources in the selected tanks? I love your mod but I need to have TAC Fuel Balancer installed just to balance tanks ever once in a while. It would be great if you add the function.

If you find TAC clunky for that purpose (I did) give GPO Speed Fuel Pumps a try. You can set everything in the VAB and your ship will just do it all flight. And balancing tanks is just the tip of a very large iceberg of uses for the mod.

If you find TAC clunky for that purpose (I did) give GPO Speed Fuel Pumps a try. You can set everything in the VAB and your ship will just do it all flight. And balancing tanks is just the tip of a very large iceberg of uses for the mod.

Per Kerbal Stuff that mod is not known to work in 1.0.4. Also, I have two reason I need the in flight button. The first is to correct resource transfer errors. Like when you select the wrong tank or not all of the tanks you needed to more resource to and now yor ship is out of balance. The second is to reduce the number of mods.

Edited by mcstalker

Per Kerbal Stuff that mod is not known to work in 1.0.4. Also, I have two reason I need the in flight button. The first is to correct resource transfer errors. Like when you select the wrong tank or not all of the tanks you needed to more resource to and now yor ship is out of balance. The second is to reduce the number of mods.

The mod works fine in 1.0.4 and while I understand the desire to limit the number of mods, functional mods like this are like 1% of the footprint of a single part mod. Or less.

GPOSpeed won't just allow you to correct the problem you describe. It will cause it to never happen.

• 2 weeks later...