Duna SSTV transmission

Firebawl

General exclamation of no with lots of exclamation points or no to the spoiling of the mystery? I mean, I don't think the rest of it actually is going to happen since I'm not there anymore, so...

No to the spoiling of mystery with enough exclamation marks to fulfill the forum's ten character requirement ;)

But as said, if it's not actually in the game and not going to be either, no point keeping it a big secret anymore. Yeah, I did read it, would have been awesome to find that in the game =D

Hmm... i have an idea, maybe a long time ago duna was a HUGE planet, but then eeloo collided with it making eeloo and duna much smaller.

In the inpact 4 moons was made; Vall, Tylo, Bob and Pol, however duna didn't have enough gravity to hold on thoose moons, so they got slingshoted out of duna's soi, however there was a planet which had the ability to hold on thoose 4 moons including the moon it already had, that planet was jool. The 4 moons didn't manage to flee from jool, and now they are known as the 5 moons of jool.

Hmm... i have an idea, maybe a long time ago duna was a HUGE planet, but then eeloo collided with it making eeloo and duna much smaller.

In the inpact 4 moons was made; Vall, Tylo, Bob and Pol, however duna didn't have enough gravity to hold on thoose moons, so they got slingshoted out of duna's soi, however there was a planet which had the ability to hold on thoose 4 moons including the moon it already had, that planet was jool. The 4 moons didn't manage to flee from jool, and now they are known as the 5 moons of jool.

I don't think a captured moon would end up in orbits as stable as Vall and Tylo's. Bop and Pol could work, though, due to their eccentric and inclined orbits.

I don't think a captured moon would end up in orbits as stable as Vall and Tylo's. Bop and Pol could work, though, due to their eccentric and inclined orbits.

Well maybe the duna's inpact with eeloo only created 3 moons, but Vall collided with laythe creating another moon, called tylo and also setting vall in a more stable orbit.

Jupiter got it's moons from comets and dwarf planets colliding into eachother, and some of them are pretty stable.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

ok so alternate theory to novas: basically novas theory but including the fact that the monoliths where in fact containers for frozen members of the speciies. once there they devolved into kerbals, explaining there similaritys. the anomalous signal in orbit of the sun indicates that you are aporaching there homeworld.

Oh my god, reading through the first pages of this thread actually made me shiver... with the part about the probe reaching 100,000 pentameters, and the "mini-countdown" until the ion stage was depleted, and then he actually heard it

Like the others have said, *cue creepypasta music*

Wait, that symbol in the top left, doesn't it look like tap flipped version of the blue symbol in the really really old KSP symbol? I'll see if I can get a picture.

And yes there is a pyramid on bop, this was discovered in the original 0.17 Easter egg thread (wow, 0.17, I am getting 'old'), but it is a texture glitch at the poles.

Necromancy is taking place here.... the horror!

If anything, this could (in the long, long run) turn into an expansion pack addition to a "completed" KSP game. We know that expansions are possible, as over a year ago they made it clear that those who purchased KSP before a certain date (don't remember what it was) would get KSP and all the follow-up expansion packs as they were made available; those who purchased the game after that set date would have to pay for the expansion when they came out -- if there ever were any.

Maybe I can find that old post...

::EDIT::

Here it is in the FAQ now... duh on me. Copy and paste quote from FAQ:

"I saw the post stating that players who purchased the game before May 2013 will get expansions for Free. Does this apply to Steam purchases as well?"

"Yes, any purchase made before May 1st 2013 counts, regardless of the payment or distribution method."

The thought of what they could do for expansion packs for this game is mind boggling... especially coupled with the modding community. :confused:

--Holy

Necromancy is taking place here.... the horror!

If anything, this could (in the long, long run) turn into an expansion pack addition to a "completed" KSP game. We know that expansions are possible, as over a year ago they made it clear that those who purchased KSP before a certain date (don't remember what it was) would get KSP and all the follow-up expansion packs as they were made available; those who purchased the game after that set date would have to pay for the expansion when they came out -- if there ever were any.

Maybe I can find that old post...

::EDIT::

Here it is in the FAQ now... duh on me. Copy and paste quote from FAQ:

"I saw the post stating that players who purchased the game before May 2013 will get expansions for Free. Does this apply to Steam purchases as well?"

"Yes, any purchase made before May 1st 2013 counts, regardless of the payment or distribution method."

The thought of what they could do for expansion packs for this game is mind boggling... especially coupled with the modding community. :confused:

--Holy

I do believe I purchased the game in June of 2013... :|

xoskqnQ.png

Oh oh. A necromancer, time to destroy it.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along. :P

Seriously though, next time there is necromancy going on in the boards, just use the report button. It helps us mods keep the necromancy to the minimum xD. Happy posting!