Duna SSTV transmission

Firebawl

image: http://i.imgur.com/IpHZC.jpg

I think that the circles above "Duna" (the orange circle) represent Moho, Eve, and Kerbin.

The image seems to show a pyramid transmitting a signal or something (perhaps the actual sstv signal) to some celestial body... maybe Ike? Perhaps there is a clue to this mystery on Ike. These are just my ideas.

The same signal is played when you are more than 10,000 petameters from kerbol. That might be worth investigating?

I believe you just enough to test this. I'll report back with results.

Oh god, you brave, brave soldier. Good luck reaching such a distance with stock parts.

It's only 10001.67 times Kerbin's distance to the Sun! That's barely anything!

I'm actually doing the launch right now. 9.7 km/s, and I haven't even started on the Ion stage yet. 200 whole newtons of pure thrust on my ~1 ton probe will be fun.

EDIT: 42 minutes in, and I've just passed the Mun's orbit. Ion stage is 1% depleted.

Edited by Holo

here is my decoding, yellow blob on right is kerbol, 3 circles are as follows going up, moho, eve, kerban, the circle on the far left is duna, 4 figures are life forms that made it, the upside down 4, is possibly a tool that could help find another easter egg, like putting different points of it over different bodies in the kerbol system, then the rest is as previously noted on this page

god speed holo

2h36m in, the SOI of Kerbin has been left. Ion stage is 11% depleted.

EDIT: Due to my changing angle relative to the sun, the Ion stage is now only working at 83% capacity. ETA of maximum velocity is 18.57 hours.

EDIT2: My acceleration is a massive 0.21 m-s-2

EDIT3: Now, it's an inconceivably huge 0.22 m-s-2

Edited by Holo

here is what ive come up with,

4337663.jpg

first near the orange blob, i saw a face (could be seeing things) and its head seemed a bit enlarged like the face up north of the pyramid, the next one is the original with the face circled,

4956539.jpg

the next one is about the figure closest to the pyramid, his head is rectangular lik like that of kerbals while the others are rounded (except for the furthest one, youll see in the last picture

2090944.jpg

and here is the last picture

4826178.jpg

of corse i can always be going insane and have that syndrom that makes you see faces where there isnt, i just figured that mabey squad set it up in a way so it would be as if the signal has deteriorated over time and has lost some info

Edited by Tanner Rawlings

2h36m in, the SOI of Kerbin has been left. Ion stage is 11% depleted.

EDIT: Due to my changing angle relative to the sun, the Ion stage is now only working at 83% capacity. ETA of maximum velocity is 18.57 hours.

EDIT2: My acceleration is a massive 0.21 m-s-2

EDIT3: Now, it's an inconceivably huge 0.22 m-s-2

Ya know, maybe if you used Jool as a slingshot, you could get to where you want to go a lot faster, especially considering that solar panels don't won't at a certain distance.

Edited by turkwinif
grammar mistake, oops!

Ya know, maybe if you used Jool as a slingshot, you could get to where you want to go a lot faster, especially considering that solar panels don't won't at a certain distance.

It's too late to use Jool as a slingshot, and even if I used it perfectly it would only add another 40% to my current velocity. Anyway, .02 g is a huge acceleration. Only another 15.84 hours, and my Xenon will be depleted and my craft will be hurting along rather swiftly.

So it turns out that I underestimated the time it will take to reach 10 Em by a factor of 10001.33. I thought it was 0.1 ly, not 1000 ly. Anyone know any mods that will let me timewarp 1,000,000 years quickly?

EDIT:

The good news is that my acceleration is at an unfathomably huge .024 g

Edited by Holo

So it turns out that I underestimated the time it will take to reach 10 Em by a factor of 10001.33. I thought it was 0.1 ly, not 1000 ly. Anyone know any mods that will let me timewarp 1,000,000 years quickly?

EDIT:

That sounds really cool! I'd love to see pictures!

Edited by Thomas988

EDIT:

I can't believe that you're actually going through with this, with so many hours to go. I would have just stuck on a bunch of mainsails to a probe and used infinite fuel :P

EDIT:

Once your flight path is set, save and back to menu, then edit the Universe Time (UT) in the save file to be when you think it will be close, on reloading it will be at that UT and at your goal. Time travel achieved :)

I've started up the Ion stage again. 6 hours to depletion.

EDIT:

5 days into the mission (I went to minmus in the meantime to save jeb, who I stranded), and the orbit of Duna has been passed.

Edited by Holo

Ok I have finished reading this whole post and feel so utterly lost right now, is this for a mod or something else?? I have only had the game since the end of last month so maybe there is something I am not understanding here. Seems interesting though!